Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-21-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
How does everyone feel about the casting of Daario? To me he feels like a weird choice for the character. Obviously it would have been next to impossible to duplicate the appearance they described, but this actor doesn't seem dangerous enough even though he did some badass stuff in the episode.
I can't really say overall how I like him, but I like the change in appearance. Let's be honest, Daario in the books looked absolutely ridiculous, if we're supposed to buy him as Dany's love interest, he's going to have to look the part. Stolen from reddit;

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Has to be. Also, it's not for 2 weeks. :(
2 weeks, wtf?

yes, next ep will be the red wedding, crushing all of the viewers hearts. and then give them a little satisfaction with joff.

can't wait.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got to imagine that Baylon is going to die to in the next couple of episodes or do you think they will save that for next season?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they'll have to save it for next season, the greyjoy stuff (besides theon) has not been touched this season, too many storylines going on right now.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
I think they'll have to save it for next season, the greyjoy stuff (besides theon) has not been touched this season, too many storylines going on right now.
That was my thought as well, would be weird if they randomly showed him dying after not seeing him all season, people probably don't even remember him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
2 weeks, wtf?

yes, next ep will be the red wedding, crushing all of the viewers hearts. and then give them a little satisfaction with joff.

can't wait.
Do you think it will all happen in the next 2 episodes? I hope so, but when the season first started and I talked to some other people that read the books they were thinking there's no way they do it all in one season, let alone within 2-3 episodes.

It would be epic mind ******* for the non-readers, and I am really looking forward to it.

Next season I have to think they introduce Dorne as well. We haven't seen anything since Myrcella was sent there, and in addition to the Red Viper in King's Landing but also everything they are plotting behind the Lannister's backs.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
That was my thought as well, would be weird if they randomly showed him dying after not seeing him all season, people probably don't even remember him.
I agree here.

Any thoughts on how they'll portray the red wedding?

An episode of going back and forth between the Joffrey and Edmure wedding then having them simultaneously die during a Littlefinger monologue would be awesome. Not exactly true to the book (Royal wedding is weeks after Red wedding), but it would really throw the audience for an emotional loop.

Or I could see Red Wedding be the end of this episode, with Royal wedding be the end of the season (with season 4 opening with Tyrion being arrested).

So many ways they can go with this. I have to assume the cliff hanger at the end of season 4 will be Tyrion killing his father though.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't see any way they can push such huge scenes as the Royal Wedding and Tyrion's escape either to a random episode next season or draw it out all the way to the end of next season. Both have to happen this season, or they lose all their luster.

That said, we would lose some of the background info. You wouldn't really hear anything about how Tywin conspired with the Freys. Also, Jaime needs to come back and basically be disowned by his family before he decides to let Tyrion go, which would be hard to accomplish in 2 episodes, but could be done.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

I'm guessing the last thing people see this year will be joff choking, give the folks some pay off. and next seasons pay off will be tyrions escape/tywins death. So I do think they'll have to drag it through the whole season, but you do have a whole trial to go through and the red viper/the mountain (which will be epic). But I am wondering what else they're going to put in next season, they might do what they did with theon, is pull stuff from book 4/5...
Old 05-22-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Next season will have to introduce Dorne, Dany in Meereen, and Jon as Lord Commander for the main story lines.

They will have to start pulling some things from books 4/5 now. Sansa & Littlefinger, Bran north of the wall, Arya's journey across the sea...
Old 05-22-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just noticed this thread.

Cool, I wanted to discuss the books without people complaining about spoilers.

I actually skipped Book 2. I finished Book 3 and about to finish Book 4.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Also guess the Titan's Bastard isn't going to have an assassination attempt on Danny anymore.
I'm pissed about that.

I wanted to see Barristan kick his ass.

I actually thought it would happened when he said "And who will fight us? You old man?" Barristan's expression was "Yeah, ok junior."

Last edited by MaxV : 05-22-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I just noticed this thread.

Cool, I wanted to discuss the books without people complaining about spoilers.

I actually skipped Book 2. I finished Book 3 and about to finish Book 4.
awww poo.

I loved books 1,2,3.

4 and 5 he starts to write different and I can see why, but it just takes away from the excitement. I also think he started to get tired it isn't as "OMG whats next"
Old 05-22-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

next season Cersei fully shaved and forced to walk naked to the throne.

Griffin would be interesting and the Red Viper is a must. I can't believe the mountain survived the poison.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
next season Cersei fully shaved and forced to walk naked to the throne.

Griffin would be interesting and the Red Viper is a must. I can't believe the mountain survived the poison.
That's from the fifth book, won't be shown next season surely.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-22-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

According to the books timeline Red Viper should already be in King's Landing. This makes me think the Royal Wedding is next season.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see them putting the Royal Wedding in the last episode of this season. Honestly the best possible way they can end this season is by ending on a Tyrion chapter. It is alot of stuff to cram into the last two episodes. So many deaths.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

The next episode is called the Rains of Castamere. What song signaled the beginning of the massacre? There's already enough stuff going to happen in season four with Joffrey's death, Tywin's death, the Red Viper stuff, the battle at the Wall. The Red Wedding would be the perfect event to cap this season (although like the Battle of King's Landing episode, it will be the next to last one).

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-22-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I agree with Cigars here. I think we'll see the Red Wedding next episode and then a clean-up episode to sew up some of the storylines. We could see Joff's death in the final episode but I think they'll lead season 4 with that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I'm dreading it. It'll be hard to stomach that episode.

As far as I know, no actor was hired to do Red Viper yet. Now they can do what they did with Dondarrion, hire a guy for 1 scene and then a full-time actor the following season, but I doubt it. I think his introduction and involvement is next season.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was asked to change the name of this thread. This is the new name. Enjoy.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we end the season with Joff's and Ygrette's death. Then we start some focus on Dorn, the succession of the Greyjoys and Tyrion's trial and escape as well as the missing plot points from the Epilogue of SoS.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 05-23-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else in here want to send Rosebud a private message that seems legit until in the middle it says, Joffrey, Robb, Tywin, Balon, Et.c Dies?
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

The thread would asplode.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 05-23-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

This is turning into a bitter rivalry of the 2 threads.

I was a bit disappointed in "Feast for Crows." Not that it was bad, it's just "Storm of Swords" was just SO AWESOME that it sets the bar pretty high.