Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 05-21-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Well my vote for D-Unit is serious. He's evil, but if he isn't he's only a townie who doesn't look like he's planning on making any sense in the foreseeable future.
Somebody doesn't like pressure being put on them...

Cain, I think you're right. He very well could be a lyncher. It's clear he has evil intentions.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone that finds something suspicious and votes for someone is a lyncher!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D is going nuts again. Watch out y'all.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
You caught me Grizz. If I were mafia the first thing I would do would be do something out of the norm. Well actually I probably would. Really, I just like mixing it up every game and I have grown to hate day ones. We learn nothing every time. Not even who people vote for really help. We just drag the day on forever and people make ****** jokes. Mafia is serious business guyz. I would love to see someone actually go hard and force people to vote and talk, for now I am tired of that person always being me.
I definitely can agree with the bolded. After playing elsewhere and seeing how useful day one could actually be, I really have come to hate the way we play day ones here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Everyone that finds something suspicious and votes for someone is a lyncher!
I noticed that you're not denying it. Probably a good thing too. Since there could be a lie detector.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I definitely can agree with the bolded. After playing elsewhere and seeing how useful day one could actually be, I really have come to hate the way we play day ones here.
We need some enlightenment.

Seriously though, what are some other ways to play it better?
Old 05-21-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How are they played elsewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
How are they played elsewhere?
Maybe it's one massive reveal party on Day 1.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

This is how it is at MafiaScum but...to start out, day one starts with the Random Voting Stage (RVS). Everyone is pretty much supposed to open with a vote on someone else, and not something truly random like your random number generators, because that's useless. Typically, the random votes can be used later to infer some alignments as oft-times mafia will random-vote other mafia, particularly new mafiosos. Random-voting ends once someone finds a real reason to vote someone (example of this would be my vote for Gonzo) and once someone votes for a "real" reason, it typically sparks legit discussion, as people jump on/off bandwagons and people take sides on potential lynch targets. People are also much less afraid to push bandwagons and pretty much always keep a vote on someone (Cain only played one game because he said "everyone plays like Gonzo" and was like **** this, haha). It is pretty common that multiple people come close to being lynched during a single day over there.

That being said, their "days" also last weeks whereas our days are typically 24 hours. Its a lot tougher to get multiple people to be almost lynched when you have short days.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-21-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I almost always start off with a vote and I certainly wouldn't be opposed to everyone voting right now to see where we are at this time.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 05-21-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is how it is at MafiaScum but...to start out, day one starts with the Random Voting Stage (RVS). Everyone is pretty much supposed to open with a vote on someone else, and not something truly random like your random number generators, because that's useless. Typically, the random votes can be used later to infer some alignments as oft-times mafia will random-vote other mafia, particularly new mafiosos. Random-voting ends once someone finds a real reason to vote someone (example of this would be my vote for Gonzo) and once someone votes for a "real" reason, it typically sparks legit discussion, as people jump on/off bandwagons and people take sides on potential lynch targets. People are also much less afraid to push bandwagons and pretty much always keep a vote on someone (Cain only played one game because he said "everyone plays like Gonzo" and was like **** this, haha). It is pretty common that multiple people come close to being lynched during a single day over there.

That being said, their "days" also last weeks whereas our days are typically 24 hours. Its a lot tougher to get multiple people to be almost lynched when you have short days.
It was ******* horrible... according to their rules you have to play in newbie games (2 of them) before you can play in others/ mod.

Sometimes people here play really dumb and use incredibly idiotic logic but this was just on another level. I literally just stopped playing mid game because people were just so close minded and ********.

I pegged the Mafia on day 3 after when I was actually trying but because I hammered a guy on day one after like 3 actual days I was clearly evil.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This. Another thing to add would be they focus A LOT more on what would seem to be innocuousness details like word usage. Playing over there forced me to proofread my posts for longer than it took to write them.

Pretty sure the plan is to make every single player uncomfortable day one and hope to correctly find a tell in a reaction. Given that it takes a week or two to get through a day phase it becomes a drawn out affair.

"Pressure" votes are very common however it isn't a single vote here or there it is much more a pile on until you get to around L-3 and then reactions decide where to go from that stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I pegged the Mafia on day 3 after when I was actually trying but because I hammered a guy on day one after like 3 actual days I was clearly evil.
Yeah it is certainly a completely different play-style. I was pulling my hair out when days went past 2 days and they were content to see out the two weeks. Being in a rush over there tends to get you outed as a mafia player as well.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

Yeah it is certainly a completely different play-style. I was pulling my hair out when days went past 2 days and they were content to see out the two weeks. Being in a rush over there tends to get you outed as a mafia player as well.
I only hammered cause Grizz told me too... and I didn't really care about the game.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I only hammered cause Grizz told me too... and I didn't really care about the game.
Haha yeah it gets incredibly hard to care about the game when they drag it out for so stinking long. That's the entire reason I quit over there. It is fun having the entire game being aggressive and tense but it loses it's luster when you debate word-usage and voting patterns for weeks on end.

Trusting Grizz may have also been your problem! :D
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

They wanted to lynch us day one because we knew each other so we were obviously both mafia

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-21-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Having Day 1 last a week would be brutal.

I think we can already start to draw conclusions...

SP got caught but is trying to play it cool.
OSU's early deflection makes him suspicious.
Vidae continues to play based on previous game grudges.
Broth is aligned with Vidae.
Rufus laying low the same way he did when he was mafia last game.
Gonzo is good.
Cain is good.
Trog is good.
JRD is good.
Grizz is good.
UKfan is good.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Do you recall last game where I tried to get people to actually vote and was called suspicious? People here are bitches who are scared of being called out after the game so they tend to not vote or only call out one or two people. Day one should be about madness, calling people out, putting the pressure on. I am tired of being called suspicious every ******* time I do that so I am going to sit back and see if others actually want to make day one interesting. Until people actually try to do something day one will be an inevitable no lynch and we will never catch a mafia doing anything on day one to out themselves.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Having Day 1 last a week would be brutal.

I think we can already start to draw conclusions...

SP got caught but is trying to play it cool.
OSU's early deflection makes him suspicious.
Vidae continues to play based on previous game grudges.
Broth is aligned with Vidae.
Rufus laying low the same way he did when he was mafia last game.
Gonzo is good.
Cain is good.
Trog is good.
JRD is good.
Grizz is good.
UKfan is good.
did Gonzo hack D's account. 6 people are automatically good in your eyes after just a few hours, Cain who said he was busy today is "laying low" and must be evil, broth agrees with vidae on one thing so they're aligned, I'm deflecting by trying to stur the pot and get something out of today and SP....well SP probs is evil so I'll give you that one, but still you're nuckin futs D. Drawing conclusions mid-way through day 1

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
did Gonzo hack D's account. 6 people are automatically good in your eyes after just a few hours, Cain who said he was busy today is "laying low" and must be evil, broth agrees with vidae on one thing so they're aligned, I'm deflecting by trying to stur the pot and get something out of today and SP....well SP probs is evil so I'll give you that one, but still you're nuckin futs D
Go **** yourself. I rarely say people are good. Also, Broth agreed with Vidae after Vidae regurgitated something I said a few posts earlier about D. Could be a Broth up and they are both evil.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Go **** yourself. I rarely say people are good. Also, Broth agreed with Vidae after Vidae regurgitated something I said a few posts earlier about D. Could be a Broth up and they are both evil.
This is true, you just list half the board and say that someone on that list is mafia and brag at the end about how you called it

Old 05-21-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
This is true, you just list half the board and say that someone on that list is mafia and brag at the end about how you called it
Suck my ******* dick, that doesnt happen ************. Go back to not doing **** every mafia game
Old 05-21-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow that escalated quickly!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

I have a feeling we are going to lynch a baddie today...

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 05-21-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Suck my ******* dick, that doesnt happen ************. Go back to not doing **** every mafia game
JERK!

p.s. Does this qualify as a personal attack, can Gonzo be banned for this? Even if it's just for one day, ya know, just for shits and giggles

Old 05-21-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Unvote: Gonzo
Vote: OSU

sig by BoneKrusher