Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 787
Reputation: -30152
AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)
Default Profootballfocus Top 101 Players of 2012 List

This is a very interesting list because it takes into account actual on-field performance in 2012 rather than "hype" for players.

For example, there is no Earl Thomas in this list. Profootballfocus watches every snap and has determined that Thomas is not even the best DB on his own team. Everyone else has fallen victim to the hype.

Similarly, there is no Maurkice Pouncey. For years Pouncey has been the most overrated OL in the NFL but PFF watches the tape and rates him appropriately.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...the-full-list/
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,427
Reputation: 159834
Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Agreed. My favorite one

46. Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, New York Giants (17th)

The danger was always there with how people viewed “JPP”. As good as his 2011 season was the emphasis placed on his sack numbers were always going to come back to bite him. And while it’s true he didn’t have quite the same impact as he did when the Giants won it all, it shouldn’t take away from a tremendously complete season he put forward. Excellent against the run, there’s no shame in the 55 QB disruptions he managed.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 636
Reputation: 803957
robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
This is a very interesting list because it takes into account actual on-field performance in 2012 rather than "hype" for players.

For example, there is no Earl Thomas in this list. Profootballfocus watches every snap and has determined that Thomas is not even the best DB on his own team. Everyone else has fallen victim to the hype.

Similarly, there is no Maurkice Pouncey. For years Pouncey has been the most overrated OL in the NFL but PFF watches the tape and rates him appropriately.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...the-full-list/
maybe they don't value earl thomas as much as the next, that doesn't mean that their evaluation of his playing ability is really any more or less valid than the next site of "experts". to completely disregard everyone else as falling victim to hype because PFF said so isn't fair or true.

it's not like jeff franceour's rookie season when he didn't walk for like two months and half the world was lauding him as some future superstar while the other half saw that his production was in no way sustainable.

Last edited by robert pancake gallery : 05-21-2013 at 12:38 PM.
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: There's no place I can be since I found Serenity.
Posts: 20,574
Reputation: 1999224
Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Needs more Jamaal Charles.

Homer post of the day.
__________________
Splat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,654
Reputation: 1535395
Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

PFF is fun and all but take it with a grain of salt. They don't know what play was called (on either side of the ball) and randomly assign whether they were in position. Sure you can figure out blown assignments easy enough but how can they know whether a receiver ran a route 2 yards too shallow or if the QB overthrew the ball.

This especially comes into play with their grading of players in the secondary. If you don't have the play-call and audibles from both teams as well as an All-22 viewpoint it's a guessing game.

That being said as a general observation point it is quite nice to have the reviews when done in detail (not just scanning a top 101 sheet). Cameron Wake deserves a mention at 8 as he had a dominant season without a ton of favor thrown his way.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 20,855
Reputation: 1975849
LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Vincent Jackson was incredibly high on this list. Higher then WR's who are better then him and guys who had better seasons then him.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,126
Reputation: 4191549
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
This is a very interesting list because it takes into account actual on-field performance in 2012 rather than "hype" for players.

For example, there is no Earl Thomas in this list. Profootballfocus watches every snap and has determined that Thomas is not even the best DB on his own team. Everyone else has fallen victim to the hype.

Similarly, there is no Maurkice Pouncey. For years Pouncey has been the most overrated OL in the NFL but PFF watches the tape and rates him appropriately.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...the-full-list/
Oh look at that, JPP is higher on the list than Brandon Graham.

So since PFF is the bible of football analysis, I guess it's fair to say you were wrong and that JPP is better Graham right?
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enjoying a succulent peach
Posts: 10,596
Reputation: 2578670
Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Uh oh...PFF just said JPP was better than Brandon Graham, what'll our conflicted hero do now! Tune in Next week on "Why should I think for myself? I have a PFF subscription! With your host AcheTen"

EDIT: GOD DAMN IT BBD I WAS GUNNA MAKE THAT JOKE FIRST!!! You no longer get congratulatory ass slap for NYG at the new poster orgy.
__________________

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,126
Reputation: 4191549
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quick, make this thread about Earl Thomas so people won't notice!
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 787
Reputation: -30152
AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Oh look at that, JPP is higher on the list than Brandon Graham.

So since PFF is the bible of football analysis, I guess it's fair to say you were wrong and that JPP is better Graham right?
If you read the Graham blurb, the only reason he isn't in the top-10 is because of lack of playing time.

Basically speaking, playing time does matter, because more playing time = more contributions.

That doesn't change the fact that Graham was a superior player on a PER-SNAP basis.

This ranking takes into account cumulative contributions first and foremost, however.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,036
Reputation: 3440091
WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

When hindsight rears it's head, I expect the "JPP was mediocre" talk of this offseason to look just as stupid as the "Clay Matthews was mediocre" talk of last offseason.

Maybe next season Von Miller will have a 6-sack season and we can all question him.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,126
Reputation: 4191549
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
If you read the Graham blurb, the only reason he isn't in the top-10 is because of lack of playing time.

Basically speaking, playing time does matter, because more playing time = more contributions.

That doesn't change the fact that Graham was a superior player on a PER-SNAP basis.

This ranking takes into account cumulative contributions first and foremost, however.
Right, bc more playing time ALWAYS means more contributions right?

So I guess a pinch hitter who hit 1 home run his one time at bat should have hit like 150 home runs on the season right? I mean after all, just extrapolate the numbers over more time and you have your answer right?

I hope you realize that Graham isn't even gonna be a starter this year. Which makes this whole debate even more hilarious.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jersey
Posts: 30,308
Reputation: 2704064
Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
When hindsight rears it's head, I expect the "JPP was mediocre" talk of this offseason to look just as stupid as the "Clay Matthews was mediocre" talk of last offseason.

Maybe next season Von Miller will have a 6-sack season and we can all question him.
JPP was good last year but everyone expected a HOF type season considering what he did in 2011. His 2011 season might be the best if he ever puts up "numbers" wise though.
__________________
#Chop


sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,427
Reputation: 159834
Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
If you read the Graham blurb, the only reason he isn't in the top-10 is because of lack of playing time.

Basically speaking, playing time does matter, because more playing time = more contributions.

That doesn't change the fact that Graham was a superior player on a PER-SNAP basis.

This ranking takes into account cumulative contributions first and foremost, however.
Sure, but you can agree that JPP Is elite despite his sack numbers falling this year right, and that he's a special run defender? Those are the two major issues people have with this subject.

edit - as far as playing time, let me just say that the Giants would never let that happen with JPP. For a guy to be as good as you claim Graham was, but be left on the bench, that strikes me as odd.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 20,855
Reputation: 1975849
LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Right, bc more playing time ALWAYS means more contributions right?

So I guess a pinch hitter who hit 1 home run his one time at bat should have hit like 150 home runs on the season right? I mean after all, just extrapolate the numbers over more time and you have your answer right?

I hope you realize that Graham isn't even gonna be a starter this year. Which makes this whole debate even more hilarious.
I do find it quite hilarious when people cling to PFF as gospel then when it doesn't fit one of their agendas try and spin it to mean something completely different. Like he wants to run around and gloat with this list for Earl Thomas but in this situation it doesn't matter anymore.


I guess he thinks Vincent Jackson is better then AJ Green then, at least that much is settled.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 14,039
Reputation: 4522392
jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
If you read the Graham blurb, the only reason he isn't in the top-10 is because of lack of playing time.

Basically speaking, playing time does matter, because more playing time = more contributions.

That doesn't change the fact that Graham was a superior player on a PER-SNAP basis.

This ranking takes into account cumulative contributions first and foremost, however.
This argument is so stupid. If he was really that good, he would get more playing time. That is like me saying Kevin Kolb is a better QB than Rom, Luck, Stafford, and Newton because he had more TDs per attempt.

I know stats are everything, but he has 8.5 sacks in three seasons. Over the last three seasons, that total has been surpasses in a single season74 times.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,126
Reputation: 4191549
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Look guys, it's simple. If Graham was so good, he'd start. He doesn't. Bc he's not.

And let's totally ignore that the guy has been playing in a wide 9 scheme this whole time that exaggerates pass rush performance.

Graham can be a good player, I'm not saying he's a bum. I was a huge fan of his coming out of the draft. He was my favorite DE in that draft, with JPP being a close 2nd (only bc he was raw, if he wasn't such a wildcard he'd be my favorite), but Graham is what he is at this point, and I don't see him ever becoming a dominant pass rusher like JPP.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The NFC West. Where people play defense.
Posts: 10,977
Reputation: 2476768
Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
For those not doing the math the San Francisco 49ers led all teams with 13 players selected. The next most were Denver and Seattle with six each, followed by Minnesota and New England with five.
Booooooom.
__________________


I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 636
Reputation: 803957
robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
This argument is so stupid. If he was really that good, he would get more playing time. That is like me saying Kevin Kolb is a better QB than Rom, Luck, Stafford, and Newton because he had more TDs per attempt.

I know stats are everything, but he has 8.5 sacks in three seasons. Over the last three seasons, that total has been surpasses in a single season74 times.
i'd liken it more to of a darren sproles type thing; sure he is among the most valuable runningbacks in the league on a per-snap basis, but his skillset is limited to appearing in only certain formations and situations. as a result, it's not unreasonable to assume that his stats are inflated on account of: being well-rested when he is on the field, facing defensive schemes with more defensive backs, being involved almost exclusively in plays conducive to the strengths of his game (other guys who may have similar strengths but are more well-rounded may see a dip in their overall efficiency-related statistics by mixing in more of those runs that sproles never has to make).

Imagine a scenario:
- Player A has an overall avg/obp/slg is .275/.333/.415, batting .300/.340/.430 vs righties and .250/.325/.400 vs lefties
- Player B hits .300/.340/.430 but faces exclusively righties because he can't hit lefties

Last edited by robert pancake gallery : 05-21-2013 at 03:05 PM.
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,470
Reputation: 1846834
phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Booooooom.
Yeah, he not only loses the JPP thing but he has stated how overrated the 49ers players are.
__________________
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,156
Reputation: 2029945
cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

One thing that kills me about people who harp on PRP for guys who don't get a ton of sacks is that a good portion of pressures and knockdowns are ultimately irrelevant. It's a crucial flaw in the formula, and the weight should be nowhere near as high as .75 of a sack. For example by mid-season last year the Broncos had 110 non-sack pressures and knockdowns, and 135 total pass rushes. At the same time they had only forced 8 interceptions and 118 incompletions on 296 passing attempts.

It's simply an absurd weight to be putting on something that has a far more ambiguous, and far more likely inconsequential result on a play.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 13,162
Reputation: 6297045
TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Glad to see Michael Roos (5th OT), Derrick Morgan (6th DE), and Jurrell Casey (7th DT) get some love. Three very underrated players.

Morgan is higher than Brandon Graham too. TAKE THAT GHOST OF SNIPER26! TAKE IT WHILE BEING SERVED GRAPES BY FAIR MAIDENS IN SNIPER26 HEAVEN!
__________________
Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Titletown USA
Posts: 9,886
Reputation: 1472737
J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Stands out to me:


36. Casey Hayward, CB, Green Bay Packers
58. Antoine Winfield, CB, Minnesota Vikings
59. NaVorro Bowman, LB, San Francisco 49ers
60. Ndamukong Suh, DT, Detroit Lions


Also:

23. Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks
24. Clay Matthews, OLB, Green Bay Packers
31. Robert Griffin III, QB, Washington Redskins
79. Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints

No Andrew Luck.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MetLife, Clink x4, MetLife
Posts: 13,255
Reputation: 1744453
gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Reminder. Antoine Winfield is the Seahawks nickel back.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seahawks Diaspora
Posts: 4,931
Reputation: 1586928
Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Wonder when somebody's going to call it collusion?
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.