Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 05-15-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
max
Rookie

max is a cocksman.max is a cocksman.max is a cocksman.

that photo cuts at the head

here's a better picture

http://www.talonmarks.com/photos/2012/oct/23/3275/
max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fairfax High, a legendary basketball program. I attended a clinic that Fairfax's coach co-hosted with the Westchester High coach. Got to meet Lute Olson, Steve Fisher, Fran Fraschilla, and Steve Lavin that weekend.

My daughter just wrapped up her college basketball career (actually graduates in two days). She also played at Mira Costa.

So your son is just a Sophomore now?

Back on topic, Marqise Lee is really, really good.
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soooooo....what you are saying is...

Quote:
CBS Sports' Bruce Feldman writes "there's a good chance" USC junior WR Marqise Lee will see snaps on defense this season.
There was talk of Lee attempting to convince coaches to allow him to play some cornerback last season. The vertical receiver ranks No. 5 on Feldman's "Freak List." USC receiver coach Tee Martin added "He's gotta be in the top five of the most freakish athletes I've ever been around." Source: CBS Sports

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kiffin's trying his hardest to get this guy a Heisman...and it just may work as long as he stays healthy.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marquis Lee has been my non-fsu lovechild for 2+ years now.

He's up there with AJ imo like I said on the first page.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 09-20-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather bump this thread than start up a new one.

Curious for some takes and don't trust myself to be impartial with Lee. What's the current projection? The way this season is shaping up QB-wise/gameplan wise is going to/has impacted Lee's numbers. Kessler isn't a bomber which takes away from Marquise's strengths, so what we'll be left with is:

average to small receiver: 6' flat, perhaps 6'1 with thin frame.
coming off a mediocre season stat-wise: despite apocalyptic #s his first few years
Who won't time as fast as he plays; could see Lee hitting 4.5 at the combine, although someone in the 4.4s is most likely.

From what I've seen in person and live over the last few years, Lee is is the best receiving prospect of the last decade out of the USC program: better than BMW, better than Jarrett, Woods, Smith, etc.

Current projections still have him around the top 10 for next year but I think the pieces are in play for a major fall, perhaps even to the second round. Anyone else agree? I think this is a steal in the making.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marqise's talent WILL NOT let him fall to the second round. Will he put up the numbers he did last year? Most likely not, but he will still make plays and get yards because of how dominant he is.

I still see him being the first WR off the board, and likely going in the top 10. I could see him being a 4.46-4.5 guy...I think his vert will test off the charts, and I think he can get bigger.

To say he could fall to the 2nd is just not realistic...in my eyes at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Marqise's talent WILL NOT let him fall to the second round. Will he put up the numbers he did last year? Most likely not, but he will still make plays and get yards because of how dominant he is.

I still see him being the first WR off the board, and likely going in the top 10. I could see him being a 4.46-4.5 guy...I think his vert will test off the charts, and I think he can get bigger.

To say he could fall to the 2nd is just not realistic...in my eyes at least.
I hope not, don't get me wrong I love him to death as a player and prospect. But I feel like the possibility of a drop has creeped up. 2nd round probably too drastic.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I hope not, don't get me wrong I love him to death as a player and prospect. But I feel like the possibility of a drop has creeped up. 2nd round probably too drastic.
Welcome back. i'd think just on supply and demand he'll go in the first. He's been taken out of some games i've seen but he's still right up there with talented NFL types. Someone mentioned a Jeremy Maclin comparison and i think that is not a terrible one.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maclin was awesome at Mizzu. On that Percy Harvin level.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty.... pretty........... pretttttty... good.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:22 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

If he is seriously hurt because Kiffin had him returning punts in the 4th quarter of a game they were down 20+, Kiffin should get a straight shot to the man region.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 09-29-2013, 07:01 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Injury aside, I still don't see the wow factor in Lee. I think he's nothing more than a potential number 3 Slot WR.

Watkins is clearly head of the class at WR
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:18 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
If he is seriously hurt because Kiffin had him returning punts in the 4th quarter of a game they were down 20+, Kiffin should get a straight shot to the man region.
How much NFL talent has he hAmpered?
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Injury aside, I still don't see the wow factor in Lee. I think he's nothing more than a potential number 3 Slot WR.

Watkins is clearly head of the class at WR
I agree. I tried and tried to watch him and see that but I just don't. Watkins looks explosive and a game breaker, Lee has some great run after the catch ability, but he looks more like a poor mans Crabtree the more I watched him. Plus, I don't really trust the USC WR's just yet. How many times has a good WR prospect came out of USC that people were excited about and then was a complete let down? I just would have needed Lee to really impress me and he doesn't, I like Mike Evans more then him as he looks more explosive and has more game breaking ability.

Watkins though looks legit, and looks ready to step in from day 1 and be an impact player. He's showing the form of a few years ago and I think his skills translate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Blawbert
Rookie

Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im concerned with his ability to cut the back as off the secondary.
Blawbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I agree. I tried and tried to watch him and see that but I just don't. Watkins looks explosive and a game breaker, Lee has some great run after the catch ability, but he looks more like a poor mans Crabtree the more I watched him. Plus, I don't really trust the USC WR's just yet. How many times has a good WR prospect came out of USC that people were excited about and then was a complete let down? I just would have needed Lee to really impress me and he doesn't, I like Mike Evans more then him as he looks more explosive and has more game breaking ability.

Watkins though looks legit, and looks ready to step in from day 1 and be an impact player. He's showing the form of a few years ago and I think his skills translate.
I agree with most of what you said here. I see Watkins as a mid-late first round pick at this point. He doesn't have the size to be a true #1 like AJ Green or Julio Jones but he could become a big playmaker with his explosiveness.

I've been pretty critical of Lee an don't see how he's viewed as a top 10 pick. I think he should go in the 2nd and could be a solid #2 receiver in the league but that's it. This is coming from a USC fan as well. I just don't see much of a difference between him and Robert Woods from last year. I don't think bringing up past Wrs from USC is relevant though as those guys were big Wrs without speed which is quite different than Woods and Lee.

I'm also a big fan of Evans so hopefully he comes out. As long as he doesn't run too slow in the 40 I see him as a Vincent Jackson type player in the NFL who can make big plays on jump balls or by breaking tackles in the open field.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:27 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I don't like about Lee:

norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
What I don't like about Lee:

Lee had some key drops again last night, one that could have been a TD.
AJP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

last chance to watch this guy coming up. See you in the pros, Lee, would love to see you next to Allen if you manage to drop but it doesn't look like that's possible.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
fatso
Rookie

fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
last chance to watch this guy coming up. See you in the pros, Lee, would love to see you next to Allen if you manage to drop but it doesn't look like that's possible.
Check out WR Adams on Fresno st while you're at it
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
87Canes
Rookie

87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I was a big time fan of Marqise Lee until I watched all video available of him and check out his hand placement. He has the hands of Dwayne Bowe, which isn't a good thing since Bowe uses his body to catch.

Of course that should be correctable in the pros but I would ask why it wasn't corrected at USC. He's definitely a big play WR but how he performs at combine and pro days will be huge for cementing his 1st rd status. His hands are very suspect.
87Canes is offline   Reply With Quote