Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-22-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
She is a German shepherd mix. She was born in the pound. Her mom was a full bred shepherd with papers but we don't know her dad.

With how her tail curls and the soft white undercoat we think she has some form of husky. She's smaller than most shepherds so maybe Alaskan husky. Lots of Akita owners ask if she's Akita so there's that too.

Whatever she is, we absolutely love her. We got her at 8 weeks old out of the pound's "foster care" system. From the moment we got her she had health problems--specifically very bad mange mites that caused her to lose most of her fur. At one point the vet didn't think she was going to pull through. But she did. And as you can see from half the pictures, she is always such a happy dog with that goofy smile. She's protective and loving. But she's afraid of the stupidest things. Like lamps. Or styrofoam or plastic bags of any kind. Anything that is slowly falling, like a bag of chips or box of cereal getting locked over.

And she's my dog. Or I am her puppy. Sometimes I'm sure she think I am her puppy and my wife is her den mother. She loves to cuddle. And I don't know what I'd do without her.
Both of my dogs are shelter dogs too. The Brittany didn't have any issues. The aussie/corgi has an infection but it cleared up pretty quickly. Shelter dogs are the way to go. I don't think I'll ever get a dog from a breeder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Aww hell... That's too freaking cute.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New house = new sitting spot for the Beast.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A new one of my baby girl

And a dog just being ******* awesome.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My family just adopted this guy. He's 22 months old. Pure bred Siberian Husky

He looks tough but he's a big mush. My little sister (8) loves him. Oh the benefits of living at home haha
Old 05-24-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huskies are gorgeous dogs... they are a ***** to get them to do what you want unless they think you are the alpha... but they will forever be attached to you in borderline unhealthy way.

When I was working on the new house over the past three weeks I would leave the house at 7:30 and not come home till after 10. Apparently after the first week of this she would start crying at the front door of the apartment after I left...

God I love that stupid ******* dog.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LIKE A BOSS

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a Husky. :(

I've always wanted one but right now just don't have the time/structure in my life to be able to take care of a dog, not to mention my apt. doesn't allow them.

For you guys that have Huskies, I know you love them, but what would you guys say are any negatives/drawbacks to a Husky (other than the famous BrotherCain pictures)? Like we used to have a beagle, and while I loved her to death, she barked at EVERYTHING at all hours and we couldn't open a door 3 inches before she was trying to bolt.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Huskies are gorgeous dogs... they are a ***** to get them to do what you want unless they think you are the alpha... but they will forever be attached to you in borderline unhealthy way.
Last night was the first time I met him and he definitely tested me and my brother out. I have a lot of experience with big dogs, but we'll have to be careful for someone like my little sister. He's a softy but definitely has power. I ******* love him already

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
For you guys that have Huskies, I know you love them, but what would you guys say are any negatives/drawbacks to a Husky (other than the famous BrotherCain pictures)?
From what I read they have a very high prey drive so you have to be careful of them snapping.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Molly. My shar pei and lab pup. Dumb as **** and excessively hyper, but I frickin love her.

Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Nyx is insanely quiet... She hardly ever barks and loves everyone.

Draw backs:

Tough to train especially if they don't see you as the dominant one. Trying to bring someone in after the initial training (like a GF or future roommate) will be even harder as they will walk all over them.

Potty training is tough and a constant battle. She still has accidents (one last night... jerk)

Super sensitive stomachs... If I change her food even just the flavor (because they were out or something) she gets the runs sooo bad.

Not really a draw back but they scream occasionally... or talk how ever you want to put it.

They can have very bad separation anxiety... Nyx one time got under the sink and at the PVC piping in the kitchen, has eaten carpet and I think The Dude(?) has the pictures of the phone books.

Lastly blowing their coat... twice a year Spring and Fall... Its horrible. She is doing it right now and there is hair everywhere.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 05-24-2013 at 11:26 AM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
Last night was the first time I met him and he definitely tested me and my brother out. I have a lot of experience with big dogs, but we'll have to be careful for someone like my little sister. He's a softy but definitely has power. I ******* love him already

From what I read they have a very high prey drive so you have to be careful of them snapping.
Hitting is bad... the one thing I was told and while this may seem cruel its the best tactic I have found.

If they do something bad or are disobeying you need to grab them by the scruff on the back of their neck and basically flip them on their side. Apply pressure to the neck/throat (not super hard obviously but enough so they know you are there) and wait till they submit. As usually when you do this they go into a defensive pose with their back leg and some times from leg in the air trying to defend but once they go limp it means you have asserted your dominance.

I have got it to the point with Nyx that if I do this she will just lay there for a while after I let go until I either walk away, tell her "okay" or enough time has passed where she thinks she is safe.

Another random but big thing... don't let them go anywhere unchained unless fenced in or they are gone. My buddy was watching her for a while and one day she broke her collar. She ran like 10 miles and was only found sniffing some other dog house. The person who owned the house chained her up and called animal control who called him to pick her up.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hes a lot fatter now and more lazy.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Thanks for the advice IBC
Old 05-24-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
Thanks for the advice IBC
Just be careful trying this Tim. He is a bit older and doesn't know you so it is a bit unpredictable.

And to clarify the reason to not hit Huskies is because they can get mean. So the previously stated point was to avoid that while still maintaining Alpha status.

Also please take all of this with a grain of salt... I am no expert by any means this is just what has worked for me.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hitting is bad... the one thing I was told and while this may seem cruel its the best tactic I have found.

If they do something bad or are disobeying you need to grab them by the scruff on the back of their neck and basically flip them on their side. Apply pressure to the neck/throat (not super hard obviously but enough so they know you are there) and wait till they submit. As usually when you do this they go into a defensive pose with their back leg and some times from leg in the air trying to defend but once they go limp it means you have asserted your dominance.

I have got it to the point with Nyx that if I do this she will just lay there for a while after I let go until I either walk away, tell her "okay" or enough time has passed where she thinks she is safe.

Another random but big thing... don't let them go anywhere unchained unless fenced in or they are gone. My buddy was watching her for a while and one day she broke her collar. She ran like 10 miles and was only found sniffing some other dog house. The person who owned the house chained her up and called animal control who called him to pick her up.
This is great advice. I use the neck trick with Beyla and it works well. I would agree about the hitting thing as well.

The reason huskies are such a concern as runaways is because they are bed to be "pullers". They are bred to just keep running and running without looking back.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Nyx is insanely quiet... She hardly ever barks and loves everyone.

Draw backs:

Tough to train especially if they don't see you as the dominant one. Trying to bring someone in after the initial training (like a GF or future roommate) will be even harder as they will walk all over them.

Potty training is tough and a constant battle. She still has accidents (one last night... jerk)

Super sensitive stomachs... If I change her food even just the flavor (because they were out or something) she gets the runs sooo bad.

Not really a draw back but they scream occasionally... or talk how ever you want to put it.

They can have very bad separation anxiety... Nyx one time got under the sink and at the PVC piping in the kitchen, has eaten carpet and I think The Dude(?) has the pictures of the phone books.

Lastly blowing their coat... twice a year Spring and Fall... Its horrible. She is doing it right now and there is hair everywhere.
My shepherd mix is so much like this.

She talks all the time. When she does it, she sounds a lot like Chewbacca. And once spring hits, the first day over 60 flips a swith with her cost. She loses all of her undercoat. It's awful. The moment that starts we just set and appointment to get her shaved. It's more comfortable for her and it makes my wife happier with the house.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a dog, but can't stand dog hair.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
I want a dog, but can't stand dog hair.
Get a breed that doesn't really shed.
I had a husky/chow mix and she shed but it was so easy to take care of because it was clumpy when it came out. New dog? God is it a nightmare. Everything covered in hair.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I take my dog to the groomer at the first sign of shedding. They clean him out. He feels a ton better and no more fur on the...everywhere.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is my homie, Kuma. He's seen better days, he just turned 13 which is very very old for his breed. My dad's first Akita only made it to 5 before he passed.

He sleeps a lot, and can't see anymore (hate to see him like that, but he still loves all of us...and has been as loyal as any dog could be). So protective of me, and knows exactly when I'm home from school on break and starts clawing at the door to come in even though he can't see me haha.

Not him, but similar to what he looks like standing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting my first dog sometime within the next 2 weeks and I can't wait. Wanted one my whole life

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My poor ******* dog. lol.

Last edited by nepg : 05-25-2013 at 08:40 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

I dealt with an awful situation last night. Archer is one of the most well behaved dogs I've ever dealt with. He already knew his place with my parents, my brother, and me. Plus, he was so good with my 8 year old sister. Unfortunately, he snapped while at the vet. It got to the point where he was legitimately biting to kill/injure the vet and the aid. It took 2 of them to hold him down and clamp his mouth to protect themselves. I've never seen a dog freak out that bad. Two minutes later he was back to his usual self, licking their faces and laying on his back for belly rubs. The damage was done though. The vet called my parents and told them what happened. Since the potential to bite is there and we don't know his history, we have to return him to the shelter. They won't put him down, and he'll likely permanently end up at one of the foster homes.

It sucks so bad because aside from that incident, he is the biggest mush. We just can't take the chance that something sets him off, and he attacks my sister. Now we're back on the hunt for a pup. We still would like a husky but are looking for one that is under 6 months old so we can raise him/her ourselves. I feel terrible about the whole situation. Archer calmly laid with me while I watched the hockey game last night. The poor guy is going to be so confused when we take him back. If I didn't work so close to home/have loans to pay off, I'd consider moving out just so I can keep him myself.

Last edited by TimD : 05-29-2013 at 10:36 AM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote