Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-03-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Bohemia is good, though it is harder to find. Also, I would suggest making your own margarita, although this is the beer thread.
I'm not really a big margarita fan. I'm not sure why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
if you've only had them in alabama or similar, i can understand why.

any recipe that isn't:

3 parts tequila
1 part triple sec (or grand marnier, if you're feeling classy)
1 part lime juice

is simply awful. sour mix shouldn't ever touch the drink. pre-made margarita mix is horrific. squeeze some real limes. don't blend, serve on the rocks.

actually, i should take back the alabama part. it's rare that i've had a proper margarita anywhere. they all use crappy HFCS crap, instead of letting the lime juice and triple sec do the flavoring/sweetening.
Sometimes i'll boil up some simple syrup. But really just lime juice tequila and triple sec. I am going to try to make a smoked jalapeno margarita this weekend. There is a mexican place by me that makes an awesome cucumber jalapeno margarita so I'm going to try to recreate that.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

any recipe that isn't:

3 parts tequila
1 part lime juice

is simply awful. sour mix shouldn't ever touch the drink. pre-made margarita mix is horrific. squeeze some real limes. don't blend, serve on the rocks.

actually, i should take back the alabama part. it's rare that i've had a proper margarita anywhere. they all use crappy HFCS crap, instead of letting the lime juice and triple sec do the flavoring/sweetening.
I've had them in Texas, Arkansas, Alabama, Florida, Mexico, and Jamaica. But I think the issue is most use sour mix or margarita mix. They are just too sweet. Having them with fresh limes is the best way. Unfortunately, nobody actually does that.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 05-03-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm desperate for a homemade marg right now at work after reading this thread. Thanks guys.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
yup, sorry, the more i thought about it, the more i realized it's not really a regional thing, it's a bar-shortcut thing. they do it here and it's awful to the point that i don't order them when i'm out. i can really only do them homemade.
No need to apologize for ripping Alabama. I do it every day. I hate this state.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 05-03-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i tried the simple syrup once, and it just isn't needed if your limes are any good. i ended up repurposing it for daquiris, and martinis. though if you're going to use it, at least it's real sugar, and not whatever's in the pre-made mixes.
I find it too sugary in general, but lady friends like it a bit sweeter than I would.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

any recipe that isn't:

3 parts tequila
1 part lime juice

I'm actually making some on Sunday that are patron, triple sec, lime juice, and some mangoes.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
That is pretty epic. My suggestion is start with oak spirals.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

then Fin du mond. which was great. Steadfast gluten free is still the only good gluten free beer anywhere. On top of that most of the beers were stuff I could buy in stores. But njx is wrong about east coast beers they are just as good by in large so there.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:

Last edited by Brothgar : 05-05-2013 at 03:05 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone try redd's apple ale? Is it worth a try?

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
that's because you're clearly wasted already.
I am but the truth is there damnit.!

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 05-04-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Anyone try redd's apple ale? Is it worth a try?
I have tried it and no. By in large fruit and ale don't mix just don't do it.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 05-04-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Firestone's Double Jack is ******* amazing.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldn't wait any longer. Damn these are good.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cigar City makes really, really good stuff.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
pattonsc88
Rookie

pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Cigar City makes really, really good stuff.
I wish we got Cigar City out here, Hunaphus Imperial Stout to me is second only to the Abyss for Imperial stouts. Plus their Jose Marti Porter and Cucumber Saison are pretty solid.
pattonsc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

I prefer Tampa Bay Brewing Company a little more than Cigar City.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 05-22-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want this so bad. Is it only available in VT?

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 05-22-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had a couple Scuplin IPA drafts last night. They were tasty.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kostritzer Schwarzbier. Quite possibly the best beer ever.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post

It is only available in Vermont and not even all of Vermont like Northern Vermont and Eastern Vermont they had it in Philly for a short while during last year's beer week festivities but as of now yes it is only for those in Vermont.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 05-22-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

How I wish it would show up in Boston. Though it looks like I'll be heading to up the Vermont at some point soon.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 05-22-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
How I wish it would show up in Boston. Though it looks like I'll be heading to up the Vermont at some point soon.
http://www.alchemistbeer.com/heady-topper-retail-map/

here's something that will help you.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 05-22-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yes and it tastes like God's vagina. Just waves of hops that sit in your mouth for days. So good even your burps will be tasty. Went to visit a friend in Vermont who goes to UVM and he bought me 8 of 'em to hold on to for when I came up. Alchemist sends it out on Tuesday or Wednesday morning and by the evening no store has any left so I had to get him to buy it before I went up there and hold onto it. Well worth it

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
http://www.alchemistbeer.com/heady-topper-retail-map/

here's something that will help you.
I've checked that map many a-time since moving here.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack