Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who goes further this season from the NFC West?
San Francisco 58 45.31%
Seattle 70 54.69%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default San Francisco or Seattle?

Curious as to who the non-Seahawk and non-Niner fans think will win the NFC West this season.

Both were top picks to win the NFC on betting accounts, but the Niners loss of Crabtree could loom large. There are only a small amount of playmakers, and he was their clear playmaker once Collin took over.

I know I can't keep the SF & Sea homers from voting, but being public, we can see and filter them out... it's the other 30 teams who's opinion I want to see here, figure out who to bet on.

Who you got?

Thank you for your honest participation.
-LaDontrel
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly I like SF more but I wouldnt be surprised if both teams disappoint...freakin monster hype train in the NFC west, which is something i never thought id say
Old 05-22-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oops. I voted.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Honestly I like SF more but I wouldnt be surprised if both teams disappoint...freakin monster hype train in the NFC west, which is something i never thought id say
You mean that West Coast Bias?
Old 05-22-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

/redacted #dontcare
Old 05-22-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
/redacted #dontcare
#youcaredenoughto:A)chimein,B)vote,C)chimeinagain= D)mustcare
Old 05-23-2013, 02:10 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gun to my head I say Seattle, but I think they are both overrated at this point. The expectations are so high they are bound to disappoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:26 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Seattle is going to be nasty this year, and I think their fanbase is going to be the 2013 version of the 2012 49ers and 2011 Packers.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
#youcaredenoughto:A)chimein,B)vote,C)chimeinagain= D)mustcare
Yeah, that was a weird-looking redaction because it didn't indicate what I was redacting. I'd responded to K Train's comment about the NFC West having a "monster hype train," as if two if its teams hadn't make serious playoff noise just last year, and the other two had better-than-average defenses and made some big moves on offense since the season ended. I mean, why wouldn't people expect the NFC West to be really good next year? All these teams are really young, too.

But I redacted it because I've already been making some homerish posts lately, and I remembered I'm talking to a Steelers fan, so hearing him complain about anything getting hyped is just ironic to the point that... I realized I didn't care. So I deleted what I'd written, which was little more than pointing out that the NFC West does, in fact, look poised to make a lot of noise this season, as much as you can expect any division to make noise in an upcoming season before said season has actually started.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:05 AM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i voted seattle then i remembered that there is a chance that by the end of the season their entire defense will have served a 4 game suspension
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going with Seattle. I think they have the best defense in the NFL, and I love Russell Wilson. And SF is due for a slump. It's hard to sustain their level of success 3 years in a row.

But I also feel that SF has a weak secondary and that can get them in trouble, and I also don't like their weapons on offense. I also believe that Wilson is a better qb than Kaepernick, although I do like Kaep quite a bit as well.

I love both teams honestly, but I just really love what Seattle is doing. They're built to make a deep run this year. I don't see a weakness that can be exploited.

SF has one: their secondary. You can exploit their secondary and eventually they'll run into a team that can do that.

But Seattle doesn't have a singular glaring weakness. They have the best secondary in the league. They have a very good LB core, a dominant DL vs the run. They improved their pass rush as well.

On offense they can run the rock with the best of them, they seem to have a franchise qb, and they have weapons on the outside. They don't have a weakness on paper that can be exploited.

The only weakness they have on paper is the fact that their qb is only in his 2nd year in the league, and it's awfully hard to win a SB with such inexperience at qb. But that's pretty much it. They're as complete of a team as you can think of.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to take Seattle based on the fact that, yes SF may have one of the most talented line ups in the NFL, but their depth is pretty poor and they got really lucky with injuries last season.

We will see how their offense can be successful after losing Crabs, Moss and Delanie Walker. Moss and Walker weren't huge contributors but they had a role in the offense. Who steps up now? Kaep really didn't get any sort of connection going with Vernon Davis and now you are counting on AJ Jenkins, Mario Manningham, Q and Quinton Patton at WR?

Defensively we seen how different they were with Justin Smith out and/or playing hurt. He has been remarkably durable through his career but he is no longer a young guy. His play directly affects how impactful Aldon Smith can be. If the 49ers can't get a rush up front then their secondary can definitely be exploited.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well with Injuriezzz in SF and Suspensionzzzz in Seattle...Bruce and the Cards are picking up steam!
Old 05-23-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

San Francisco has a good shot to fall below .500 this season. And as mentioned before, their secondary is atrocious and will give up a lot of leads and force Kaepernick to play in more shoot-outs this year, which I don't think he's nearly as good at doing because so much of his game is the threat of him running.

I'll take the Seahawks without even a moments' hesitation.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I felt it was Seattle before the Crabtree injury so I'll stick to my guns. Both are in the playoffs anyway. I'm more upset that ATL got in the way of them steam rolling into eachother for a playoff matchup last year. Everyone knew ATL was gonna lose that next game, and it would have been a slugfest with these two teams.

Somehow, someway, I'm hoping for a playoff matchup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
San Francisco has a good shot to fall below .500 this season. And as mentioned before, their secondary is atrocious and will give up a lot of leads and force Kaepernick to play in more shoot-outs this year, which I don't think he's nearly as good at doing because so much of his game is the threat of him running.

But, but, the 49ers had 13 players in PFF top 101! Did you know that they watch every snap of every game?

Last edited by cmarq83 : 05-23-2013 at 11:24 AM.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The 49ers were ranked number three against the past last season, yet the secondary is "atrocious". Keep digging that hole bro. Can't wait for the 49ers to pimp smack you back into reality. Good luck with Bradford.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked the 49ers, the 'Harbaugh effect' is something to take into consideration when both teams are fully stacked with talent.
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The 49ers were ranked number three against the past last season, yet the secondary is "atrocious". Keep digging that hole bro. Can't wait for the 49ers to pimp smack you back into reality. Good luck with Bradford.
A mediocre secondary can be made to look good if the DLine is absolutely dominant.

You saw the difference between a dominant DLine and a non-dominant DLine and its effect on the 49ers secondary last year. Compare the 49ers pre-Justin Smith injury and post-Justin Smith injury.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A mediocre secondary can be made to look good if the DLine is absolutely dominant.

You saw the difference between a dominant DLine and a non-dominant DLine and its effect on the 49ers secondary last year. Compare the 49ers pre-Justin Smith injury and post-Justin Smith injury.
That only goes so far though. You don't rank near the top of the league in yards per attempt and total yardage without some talent in the secondary regardless of your defensive line. You can sit back on your couch and pretend it's super easy for defenders in the secondary to play their role as long as the defensive line is stout up front, but you still need some talent to defend against the pass. Yeah, and after Justin Smith went down who did we face?

At Seahawks: 170 passing yards given up

Arizona: 207 yards given up

Packers: 268 yards given up

At Falcons: 396

Ravens: 274

The 49ers had four out of five teams be playoff opponents, with two of them highly oriented around the pass, in passing league. Only one team went over 300 yards. Each game also had an interception on the 49ers defense except against the Ravens. So, we can stop with the "secondary is atrocious" card, which is what you initially stated. I guess now they're mediocre since you changed the script. Probably after you realized how stupid your first comment was.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 05-23-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Seattle.

I worry about CK taking a big hit at some point. I love Gore, but he is on the decline of his career while I think Lynch is still a top 5 RB in the NFL. I like Seattle's targets on offense a lot better than San Fran and I think the defenses are a wash. Coaches are also a wash imo.

Seattle it is.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers no contest. Seahawks don't have Tebow.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
49ers no contest. Seahawks don't have Tebow.
no one does though
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Well with Injuriezzz in SF and Suspensionzzzz in Seattle...Bruce and the Cards are picking up steam!
They'll get by without Bruce Irvin and as of yet it's not clear about either suspension or back issues with Lynch but they should be able to navigate their way through the first part of the season.

The thing that i'm concerned with in Seattle, and i'm sure the Kool Aid drinkers are going to disagree, is the offensive line. Any major injuries to Okung or Unger and they're going to be in trouble. As it is the line was overrated last year, especially in the passing game, as Wilson spent most of his time running for his life.

On a sidenote the Rams were 2-1-1 against both these teams so they're probably wondering why they aren't in the conversation.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because they're the Rams.

Also, voting for SF just on principle that I think Wilson will not perform at the same level as last year. Just a gut feeling, no real reason for it.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote