Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-23-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its all BS. I'm just going to wait around till they figure it out, then I'll buy something.

PS4 sticking with the gamers, Xbox going the entertainment route.

both are being dicks about something or another.

WiiU...well its just the one sitting outside eating dirt.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
Its all BS. I'm just going to wait around till they figure it out, then I'll buy something.

PS4 sticking with the gamers, Xbox going the entertainment route.

both are being dicks about something or another.

WiiU...well its just the one sitting outside eating dirt.
I totally agree. I'm not freaking out or making a decision at this point until everything has been sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is still so much information that we don't know that I'm laughing at all the idiots who are up in arms and freaking out over this. I actually saw someone say Microsoft wants to end all gaming because of decisions like this.

I'll wait until we have all the facts to make a decision, I'm not going to freak out a day or two after the announcement.

Also, can we stop bitching about the name? XBox One isn't that bad of a name. Every time someone bitches about it I shake my head. What the hell do you care what the system is called? If it has cool features and can play, you know, video games, who the **** cares?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone will love the xbox one just a matter of time .
Old 05-23-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the Wii U pole they run by. They should make one replacing the jpeg of the kids fighting representing firefox, chrome, and explorer.

Also

No matter what system I get I will be very happy with this game. And we should certainly get a SWDC clan going when it releases.

Quote:
Old 05-23-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I watched the presser and didn't read what anyone thought for a few hours (to let myself form my own opinion).

I don't understand why everyone is freaking out. The name is mediocre, but the system itself looks good.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The specs are mediocre as well. But that means the price is mediocre
Old 05-23-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I don't see the problem. Soon shouldnt be a ******* mooch and buy his own damn game. Like, whats the problem here? lol

Quote:
Old 05-23-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I don't see the problem. Soon shouldnt be a ******* mooch and buy his own damn game. Like, whats the problem here? lol
So if I have a CD and I let my friend borrow it he should have to buy it to listen to it?
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Old 05-23-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
So if I have a CD and I let my friend borrow it he should have to buy it to listen to it?
If I'm buying something, I'm buying something because I want to use it. Not because my friend kenny can't afford it and mooch off of me. I mean, all of my friends and I are adults and are economically adequate enough at this point in our lives to all buy our own ****. I just don't get it. Youre blowing every little unspecified detail into the biggest deal, and I'm not really sure why when sony hasn't made much more comment on these matters than microsoft has.

Quote:
Old 05-23-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If I'm buying something, I'm buying something because I want to use it. Not because my friend kenny can't afford it and mooch off of me. I mean, all of my friends and I are adults and are economically adequate enough at this point in our lives to all buy our own ****. I just don't get it. Youre blowing every little unspecified detail into the biggest deal, and I'm not really sure why when sony hasn't made much more comment on these matters than microsoft has.
what, your friends didn't let you borrow games when you were a kid?

I also agree that Bert is going ape **** on the little things.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
what, your friends didn't let you borrow games when you were a kid?

I also agree that Bert is going ape **** on the little things.
I just disagree with what they're doing. I haven't gone ape **** over anything.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Of course they did, and I let them borrow mine too. But at this point in my life I buy very few games, and when I do, I buy them new. Never have I made a purchase in the last few years in regards to anything and thought, "what is the amount of utility this product has in regards to other people".

I buy a game, its for me. I want to play a game that isnt mine, I try it out at a friends house. I havent borrowed a game in like eight years.

Quote:
Old 05-23-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once sony says something about it I think they'll get their fair share of hate comments, but Microsoft came out and said it first which is probably the reason why obviously lol. But I said it before I like to try out games and borrow from my bro n law a lot so not being able to do that without paying is kind of a deal breaker if only microsoft does this. And you really can't assume Sony will follow suit. Like people are so confident and they know exactly what sony will or will not do. If Sony can see the reaction I'd think they'd be smart enough to not follow and trump Microsoft this year. Microsoft decided to paid online play and sony didn't follow so I don't see why Sony wouldn't follow.

I just hope Microsoft doesn't have a batch full of a situation like the red ring of death again. Going through 3 xbox's finally making the switch to ps3 made me forget about the xbox. I think they handled that situation poorly, horrible customer service on my end when trying to get my **** fixed. When my ps3 broke I called them and they sent me a box to send it in and within 24 hours they sent me a replacement ps3 with barely a day wait time and it's still working today, even my ps2 went through hell and it lasted me for years. I'll probably end up getting both if xbox's exclusives are good enough, but I'm pretty much deadset waiting for the ps4.

Also you may not care for the used games part, but there will be a **** ton of kids who rely on the trade in system to get new games that will be really upset. Gamestop had what I think 26mil in used game sales this past year.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Of course they did, and I let them borrow mine too. But at this point in my life I buy very few games, and when I do, I buy them new. Never have I made a purchase in the last few years in regards to anything and thought, "what is the amount of utility this product has in regards to other people".

I buy a game, its for me. I want to play a game that isnt mine, I try it out at a friends house. I havent borrowed a game in like eight years.
sure you haven't and you don't plan to. But think of the masses, it might not effect you, in general its a very big step towards controlling our goods.

Essentially it has become, we are letting you only borrow this disk full of our data and only you. you don't actually own it, its our property but you can pay $60 to borrow it and use it, but only you and nobody else."

again I don't know the exact details and things can change, we still have till November.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Eh theres been heavy speculation that both sides would be making this move well before microsoft came out and said it, hence why Im not surprised. I'm just not going to act like microsoft is makign the world collapse on the gaming market when the specifics havent been announced and Sony has just kept quiet on the matter (smart). Its just speculation, so I'm not sure why people are running around like the sky is falling here lol.

Quote:
Old 05-23-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would complain but I pay for the highest cable internet connection, have xbox live already, and I only buy new games....

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who names their kid Soon?
Old 05-23-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I mean if the masses are a bunch of 14 year old kids who can't buy their own games good, because I don't want them ruining online gaming for me anyway lol.

And not to mention, gamestop made like a 300% profit off the used games tactic and I don't see anyone crying about that. You trade in a game you bought/released a week ago they give you MAYBE 20 bucks, then turn around and sell it for like five dollars less than new price. I'm sorry I just don't feel that bad for the used game market.

Especially considering a percentage of this fee would probably go towards the game developers who made the game. And as a consumer, i'd much rather pay a used game fee to support the developer making the game I enjoy then some third party middle man ripping consumers off in the first place.

Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 05-23-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I mean if the masses are a bunch of 14 year old kids who can't buy their own games good, because I don't want them ruining online gaming for me anyway lol.

And not to mention, gamestop made like a 300% profit off the used games tactic and I don't see anyone crying about that. You trade in a game you bought/released a week ago they give you MAYBE 20 bucks, then turn around and sell it for like five dollars less than new price. I'm sorry I just don't feel that bad for the used game market.

Especially considering a percentage of this fee would probably go towards the game developers who made the game. And as a consumer, i'd much rather pay a used game fee to support the developer making the game I enjoy then some third party middle man ripping consumers off in the first place.
Yep, like I said before, the whole used game market is scummy. Why people are freaking out over it is silly. Again, I don't feel bad for developers. They should sell games cheaper, or make sure they reduce price quickly (which they typically do now to combat used games). Used games benefits almost no one except Gamestop. Consumers get almost nothing for their full-price games. People who buy used games get a marginal discount.

I personally do not buy any new games unless they're something I REALLY want. Otherwise if you wait a month you can usually get them for a significant discount.

I don't like the route Microsoft is going, but I do find it funny they people believe the PS4 won't be taking similar measures. Two people posted links trying to contradict it, but from what I read it said something by literally saying nothing. Not surprising.

I'm going to wait until all the details are released (probably during E3). I won't freak out.

Honestly, I just find Sony to be a terrible company in general so that's why I'm hesitant to buy a PS4. I had to have my PS3 replaced twice because the Blu-ray drive crapped out and both times they charged me for it.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Yep, like I said before, the whole used game market is scummy. Why people are freaking out over it is silly. Again, I don't feel bad for developers. They should sell games cheaper, or make sure they reduce price quickly (which they typically do now to combat used games). Used games benefits almost no one except Gamestop. Consumers get almost nothing for their full-price games. People who buy used games get a marginal discount.

I personally do not buy any new games unless they're something I REALLY want. Otherwise if you wait a month you can usually get them for a significant discount.

I don't like the route Microsoft is going, but I do find it funny they people believe the PS4 won't be taking similar measures. Two people posted links trying to contradict it, but from what I read it said something by literally saying nothing. Not surprising.

I'm going to wait until all the details are released (probably during E3). I won't freak out.

Honestly, I just find Sony to be a terrible company in general so that's why I'm hesitant to buy a PS4. I had to have my PS3 replaced twice because the Blu-ray drive crapped out and both times they charged me for it.
Thats also by in large what is most comical to me. Microsoft never stated anything about pricing, just that there would be some sort of fee, and from that people are getting that you have to pay full price for a used game

And then pointing to Sony's silence on these issues as some sort of proof they wont follow suit. Its just fanboy speculation running rampant at this point. Like lets all just wait until we get ALL the details here before we start freaking.

At this point all we can say is microsoft thus far has done a terrible job highlighting the xbox1.

Quote:
Old 05-23-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So maybe I missed it, but if I lent a friend of mine a game I already "installed" on my Xbox One/Live account, can't he just log in with my account and play it from his house?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote