Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-23-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
So maybe I missed it, but if I lent a friend of mine a game I already "installed" on my Xbox One/Live account, can't he just log in with my account and play it from his house?
Pretty sure, yeah. I don't know if this becomes conflicting if both people want to play at the same time (aka you can't log on your account now that he's on).
Old 05-23-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So then... what is the point of it? I mean ok so you install the game on your system but you can hand the disk to your friend and uninstall the disk from your hard drive and let your friend use it or have your friend sign in as you and then play the game. Why not just have the license on the disk like every other system ever. What does it prevent? Why add these extra steps?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
So then... what is the point of it? I mean ok so you install the game on your system but you can hand the disk to your friend and uninstall the disk from your hard drive and let your friend use it or have your friend sign in as you and then play the game. Why not just have the license on the disk like every other system ever. What does it prevent? Why add these extra steps?
It prevents used games and it prevents people from pirating the games.

It's absolutely ridiculous how most of the gaming industry still does not understand piracy.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember reading somewhere that the rrod problem has been basically eliminated from the next gen Xbox, but I've looked for it and I can't find it anywhere.

That is a major concern for me though, considering I lost one to rrod recentlyish.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oddly enough, I had more issues with my PS3 than my 360. I know that's probably not common, but it ended up happening like that for me.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Haha, I feel you. I suppose I've been dicked over by Sony in some other areas (not just the PS3) so I do not trust them. I no longer have a PS3 though and there are times when I miss it for certain games (MLB The Show, Little Big Planet, any Naughty Dog game).

I just think Sony is out of touch. I'm a gamer at heart, and will always have a console for games but the fact is people expect a lot more out of consoles. For example, right now I use my console almost exclusively for gaming because I'm not at school and have the luxury of time. When I'm at school it completely changes. I use my Xbox for TV, movies, Netflix, music, etc.

I question if Sony realizes that. Personally, I feel like both console makers are sort of out of touch with things. Xbox has transitioned to a entertainment console with a focus on a wide array of people. Sony is more focused on..I guess gamers? It's hard to tell. The whole pricing fiasco with the PS3 makes me feel like they're completely out of touch too.

Sony just isn't the same company anymore. I use to buy their products because of reliability and reasonable price but I feel like a lot of their stuff I've bought has broke and been overpriced.

And honestly. I don't care about graphic quality that much in a console. Sure, it needs to be an improvement over the previous console but if it means paying $500-600 it's not worth it. If I want a graphically advanced game I'll buy it for my PC, which is much much more powerful than the PS4/Xbox One.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I understand that. I guess it's just a matter of preference.

I will always prefer my PC for gaming except in a few rare instances (exclusives and certain types of games, such as sports)
Old 05-24-2013, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmmm, See what happens when we jump to conclusions?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...x-one-headsets

I mean seriously, people believed the next xbox wouldn't have headsets???

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:39 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
meh, i wouldn't ever use a console for anything other than playing games. so none of that crap is useful to me, and moreso if you have to have a live account (paid) to use it (disclaimer: i have no idea if you need one, but the possibility alone dissuades me). it's easy and cheap enough to just have a media computer that's substantially better at all of it than a console will ever be. *shrug*

that said, to each their own.
Yeah, I can put together a XBMC box for ~$250. I dropped $525 on my HTPC, but I also use it to, essentially, replace my PS3 and 360 (Steambox). Right now, my low profile 7750 is beast moding for me. I can replace it when a next-gen low profile card comes out to match the performance of the PS4/XBO for probably ~$160.

PS3 OS is **** and 360 charges you for the same services you get for free on PS3 or on PC. It's ******* dumb.

Last edited by nepg : 05-24-2013 at 01:44 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post

Really people are that ******* dumb? Consoles well at least Xbox will still have headsets. God people are dumb.
49erNation85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post

Absolutely no one thought that. I said CURRENT headsets would not be compatible with the one which is true.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean how is that surprising? The xbox headsets werent compatible with the 360 when that released either.

Not to mention its being rumored that kinnect may function for online communication as well, which I think would be pretty fantastic. And before we jump on the "well it will over hear "movie" and stop playing the game and switch to the movie" argument, I'm sure theres a solution for that.

Just wanted to avoid going down that road.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

That was actually pretty useful. If they come out with the games tho I'm still intrigued by the xbox1. They better pull all the stops at E3 this year.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-25-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison said."
The Only way your friend doesn't have to buy the game (At full price) is if you are there signed into your account.
Well it is full price, but you can share accounts still ehhhhhhhhh

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Full price to buy the game, not full price to just play it or get it used.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-25-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the point is to borrow the game not wanting to pay full price for a game.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Xbox One seems a little bit cooler than I was expecting. I'm not sure if I like the new controller, and I almost certainly won't buy it at launch, but I'm not really into videogames as much lately and might prefer more of an entertainment center. The PS4 is almost certainly going to be the better pure gaming system in my opinion, though.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Well the point is to borrow the game not wanting to pay full price for a game.
I know, but really theyre just getting rid of borrowing, whereas people are making it sound like you have to pay full price to play your friends borrowed game.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-25-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Still doesn't make it any better paying for a full price game when I don't want to buy just to try it. This move also kills places like gamefly, redbox and even the blockbusters that are still open. Xbox has really disappointed me, at this point I don't really care if their exclusives are going to be really good unless I hear something different at e3 I'm going to avoid the system.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I feel no sense of entitlement to those companies and I'm not sure why Microsoft should either. Theyre all going down the drain at this point regardless. Idk, I guess I'm not really all that upset about this.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-25-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Still doesn't make it any better paying for a full price game when I don't want to buy just to try it. This move also kills places like gamefly, redbox and even the blockbusters that are still open. Xbox has really disappointed me, at this point I don't really care if their exclusives are going to be really good unless I hear something different at e3 I'm going to avoid the system.
I think it's more likely that this is going to blow in Microsoft's face and first or second year sales are going to come in well below expected. If 40 years of gaming history has taught us anything, then it's that brand loyalty is almost non-existent. People don't spend several hundred dollars on a console that everybody (fairly or unfairly) criticizes.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
this. even disregarding anything else, i wouldn't touch the new xbox for a while, until it looked like it had avoided the garbage manufacturing on the last one. the rrod stuff was an absolute joke. i still have no idea how so many people put up with it at launch (i get it after you have a huge games library, sort of).
I was surprised so many people had issues. My launch day console is still running strong. I put it at my parents house when I upgraded to an hdmi one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Report: Microsoft Won't Charge a Used Game Fee on the Xbox One

There's been some fuss about how used games work on the Xbox One—do we have to pay a fee to Microsoft to play them? Is Microsoft killing used games dead? Supposedly, no. Polygon is reporting that the Xbox One will NOT require gamers to pay a fee to reactivate an Xbox One used game.
Related

However, Polygon notes, there will still be "a regular online spot check" to verify the authenticity of the used game being played. Which is like basically requiring users to always have their Xbox One connected to the Internet (another big issue with gamers).

http://gizmodo.com/report-microsoft-...he-x-509808404
Old 05-25-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This might be a stupid question but why do people care about always having it connected to the internet?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
This might be a stupid question but why do people care about always having it connected to the internet?
There were some really bad issues with Diablo 3 and Sim City 5... Although I don't think there is a constant check with the Xbox One. Just like once a day or something.