Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-23-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rashad Greene, WR, Florida State

He will be eligible for the 2014 Draft. He came into FSU as a 4* recruit and immediately stepped in and cemented himself as FSU's best WR the last 2 years. His stats aren't mind blowing but the catches and plays he makes certainly are. He was the MVP of the 2011 Champs Sports Bowl where he put on a Lynn Swann-esque performance with amazing catch after amazing catch to help FSU come back from 14-0 down to win.

He is listed as 6'0, 170 lbs. Looking at him the height seems about right, looks like he weighs a bit more though, but he certainly lacks prototypical size. He runs in the 4.3-4.4 range with good clean routes and gets excellent separation on deep routes.

What say you of his NFL potential?
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was surprised when he came in right away from St.Thomas and contributed his freshman year. Everyone down here said that his teammate and counterpart, Dorsett who went to Miami, was the more developed WR.

I worry about his size, but when he gets the ball in his hands he is just downright dangerous and I've never seen him caught from behind either. He kind of reminds me of Roscoe Parrish as a WR. ( definitely not at punt returning because he was a bust at that last year).

I think he'll end up being a 4th or 5th rnd pick.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I was surprised when he came in right away from St.Thomas and contributed his freshman year. Everyone down here said that his teammate and counterpart, Dorsett who went to Miami, was the more developed WR.

I worry about his size, but when he gets the ball in his hands he is just downright dangerous and I've never seen him caught from behind either. He kind of reminds me of Roscoe Parrish as a WR. ( definitely not at punt returning because he was a bust at that last year).

I think he'll end up being a 4th or 5th rnd pick.
The thing with the Punt Returns is IF he can catch the ball cleanly he is as dangerous as anyone. It is so weird he struggles with that with the amazing catches he can make look routine.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
The thing with the Punt Returns is IF he can catch the ball cleanly he is as dangerous as anyone. It is so weird he struggles with that with the amazing catches he can make look routine.
I was very disappointed myself. I mean he did house the first punt return he got last year, and definitely showed how dangerous he was once he got the ball. That being said, he got some kind of mental block after the first couple fumbles/botches and couldn't recover.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 05-23-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I was very disappointed myself. I mean he did house the first punt return he got last year, and definitely showed how dangerous he was once he got the ball. That being said, he got some kind of mental block after the first couple fumbles/botches and couldn't recover.
I wonder how much of that was on the lack of coaching Gran was giving at the position. He was great with the other units but Punt Return/Coverage left a lot to be desired.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I'm trying to find the video of the TD vs. Oklahoma, but could only find it in one of his season highlight videos. Definitely one of the most exciting plays for FSU in the last few years. Starts at :14 second mark

This one is from HS.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-23-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FSU circle jerk over here.

I like Rashad. Solid returner at the least. Hopefully Jameis lives up to the hype and can get the ball to Rashad and KB.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
FSU circle jerk over here.

I like Rashad. Solid returner at the least. Hopefully Jameis lives up to the hype and can get the ball to Rashad and KB.
Rashad, KB, Dent, Shaw, Christian Green, Haulstead, O'Leary and on and on and on and on...

Just saying. : )

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-23-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rashad, KB, Dent, Shaw, Christian Green, Haulstead, O'Leary and on and on and on and on...

Just saying. : )
Christian Green. That's a name I haven't heard about in a hot minute. I was hurt when he chose FSU (like USC had a chance lol), but he hasn't turned into the stud I thought he'd be. I thought maybe he transferred or something.

Also, how old is KB now, like 29?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Christian Green. That's a name I haven't heard about in a hot minute. I was hurt when he chose FSU (like USC had a chance lol), but he hasn't turned into the stud I thought he'd be. I thought maybe he transferred or something.

Also, how old is KB now, like 29?
He is a 22 year old 6'5 243lb monster you bastard.

Hey, how did TJ Bryant work out for you? : )

Sig by the King BK

Quote:

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 05-23-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He is a 22 year old 6'5 243lb monster you bastard.

Hey, how did JR Bryant work out for you? : )
As good as all of the other Lincoln kids since Cromartie.

Badluck USC: Eventually builds a pipeline to florida....it's Tallahassee Lincoln.

KB could be the no.1 WR taken this year (yes, even over my dude Marbeast) if he puts all together. I don't see that happening, but it's possible. Worst case scenario...De'cody Fagg 2.0

EDIT

Scratch that, meant Greg Carr 2.0

Last edited by BRAVEHEART : 05-23-2013 at 09:04 PM.
BRAVEHEART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I just realized I called him JR Bryant instead of TJ Bryant.

JR Bryant was a horrible horrible DB for FSU lol - like TJ was for the Trojans.

And on KB - I want 1000 yds and I want it badly. Decody Fagg 2.0 or Greg Carr 2.0 wouldn't be such a horrible thing though.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 05-23-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As good as all of the other Lincoln kids since Cromartie.

Badluck USC: Eventually builds a pipeline to florida....it's Tallahassee Lincoln.

KB could be the no.1 WR taken this year (yes, even over my dude Marbeast) if he puts all together. I don't see that happening, but it's possible. Worst case scenario...De'cody Fagg 2.0

EDIT

How is Buck Allen doing? Dude was supposed to be the second coming of Bo Jackson, what happened to him?
Old 05-23-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
How is Buck Allen doing? Dude was supposed to be the second coming of Bo Jackson, what happened to him?
WTF, no he wasn't!? He was the least heralded of the Lincoln kids we got (mainly because of his knee injury his junior year).

also...

One of the few instances of T.J. doing work.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WTF, no he wasn't!? He was the least heralded of the Lincoln kids we got (mainly because of his knee injury his junior year).
I meant before his knee injury. Before that, he was hyped up here as one of Lincoln's best players ever.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I meant before his knee injury. Before that, he was hyped up here as one of Lincoln's best players ever.
I guess, but not really. He was a super sophomore. But recruiting sites weren't covering future classes like that how they are now. USC got on him late in his senior year, and he wasn't really a big name at all.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I guess, but not really. He was a super sophomore. But recruiting sites weren't covering future classes like that how they are now. USC got on him late in his senior year, and he wasn't really a big name at all.
I'm not sure exactly how he was regarded nationally -- though if you look at his offers, he has offers from most of the major programs, but I was just commenting on what was said around the Tallahassee area. It was said that he could have been one of Lincoln's best prospect ever.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I know Rivals claims he had an offer from FSU but I know FSU never really pursued him especially with having James Wilder Jr. and Devonta Freeman on board by the end of June. But I have a hard time believing a Lincoln player THAT good would leave Tally without FSU making a major push. Even the 2 who went to USC had FSU in contention for a long time (and neither turned out to be a big loss, but then again most Lincoln kids busted at FSU so no real shocker).
Old 05-28-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:

EDIT

Greg Carr sucked at a lot things and the jump ball was never one of them. Kelvin Benjamin exceeds Carr's athleticism with the body of a TE, but for some reason he absolutely sucks at the jump ball and doesn't know how to use his body to make a play without pushing off. I agree that IF Kelvin Benjamin could put it together he'd be a Top 10 pick. Fisher had him personally rated as the #1 WR in the country in 2011, with his skill set it is easy to see why. He is a once in a generation type of athlete, the thing I don't know if he can do is take that once in a generation athleticism and turn it into an elite football player. He still has 3 years left of eligibility, I doubt he goes this year, but I'll be shocked if he doesn't go pro in 2015.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FSU should have averaged 45 ppg last year. I still think their offensive skill position talent was among the best in the country.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 07-05-2013 at 11:41 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FSU was pretty fun to use in NCAA a few years back with a couple of 6'6" WRs and a fast D.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
FSU should have average 45 ppg last year. I still think their offensive skill position talent was among the best in the country.
An offense run by Jimbo Fisher will never put up 45 points per game.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greene does some things that remind me of Markus Wheaton.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Career potential not much probably a 1 year contract player after his rookie contract is up.
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Greene does some things that remind me of Markus Wheaton.
He definitely has that glide running style where the defense doesn't realize he is blowing past them until it is too late.

He has made some brilliant catches with his hands the past few years, but occasionally uses his body. That being said, I think people will mark him down as having excellent hands and great body control in the air as well.

Sig by the King BK

Quote: