Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-24-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
http://asubstituteforwar.wordpress.c...camera-angles/

After reading this, I'm wondering how athletic Wiggins actually is. To be fair, he was only 16 during that game, but still.
Andrew Wiggins is an elite athlete.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Wiggins looks like a better athlete from those videos, I don't get the comparison. Shabazz also played a lot of his season at UCLA admittedly out of shape.

And the 16 year old against 18 year old thing is actually a pretty big deal, especially when you're comparing him to Shabazz who was playing against younger kids in high school.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Katin Reinhardt is transferring from UNLV. I think they'll be fine. Based on everything I've read and heard, his dad is a big nutcase. Apparently his dad wanted him to get more shots. He played 29 minutes a game as a true freshman. He could have very well brought down the whole team if he stayed for his sophomore season. You have to rid yourself of the cancer before it spreads.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
Katin Reinhardt is transferring from UNLV. I think they'll be fine. Based on everything I've read and heard, his dad is a big nutcase. Apparently his dad wanted him to get more shots. He played 29 minutes a game as a true freshman. He could have very well brought down the whole team if he stayed for his sophomore season. You have to rid yourself of the cancer before it spreads.
Quote:
Baxter Holmes ‏@BaxterHolmes 28m
Won't be surprised if Katin Reinhardt picks USC, especially b/c Trojans associate HC Tony Bland is no doubt in his ear.
Nice, back to USC where he should've been.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of transfers, Antonio Barton to Tennessee.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Nice, back to USC where he should've been.
You can have him. He'll just be a cancer on your team. He'll complain that he doesn't get enough shots. He'll complain that he's not the primary ballhandler. He'll complain when his teammates hold him accountable for his poor shot selection. He'll complain when his teammates don't like him. You get the picture. I wish him well, but I doubt he'll change because he was raised to be a narcissist by his dad, and he went to a high school that did him no favors. I don't get why anybody would want to recruit kids from there. Their entire 1983-84 starting five transferred from the first college they attended.

As for his destination, his dad will decide that for him. It's really no different than Shabazz Muhammad's dad.

It appears as though Dave Rice is done taking sh*t from kids' parents and telling them to leave if they aren't happy with him.

Finally, I think it says a lot (in a bad way) about somebody who plays 29 minutes per game as a freshman, gets the second most shots on the team, and isn't happy.

Last edited by ph90702 : 05-26-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Shabazz highschool clips didn't have me impressed.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can have him. He'll just be a cancer on your team. He'll complain that he doesn't get enough shots. He'll complain that he's not the primary ballhandler. He'll complain when his teammates hold him accountable for his poor shot selection. He'll complain when his teammates don't like him. You get the picture. I wish him well, but I doubt he'll change because he was raised to be a narcissist by his dad, and he went to a high school that did him no favors. I don't get why anybody would want to recruit kids from there. Their entire 1983-84 starting five transferred from the first college they attended.

As for his destination, his dad will decide that for him. It's really no different than Shabazz Muhammad's dad.

It appears as though Dave Rice is done taking sh*t from kids' parents and telling them to leave if they aren't happy with him.

Finally, I think it says a lot (in a bad way) about somebody who plays 29 minutes per game as a freshman, gets the second most shots on the team, and isn't happy.

Yeah, Mater Dei kids tend to be a lil whacked out and transfer happy, but USC could use his talent at this point and time.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:38 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1, out of state, 3 star recruit doesn't choose UCLA: I told you Alford sucks! (Also, no mention of him retaining Adams, Anderson, Parker, and Powell who are all WAY more important than a 3 star recruit)

2 players who got major minutes for UNLV transfer (one who we were all told would help lead them to the Final 4): Good riddance! We are better without them!

The ph9 hilarity never ceases to amaze.

But in all seriousness, I understand the UNLV homer stuff (to an extent), but whats up with the specific UCLA hate? Its very random and focused. I have lots of good-natured banter with the USC fans on here, but your comments just kinda seem like they have some hate filled agenda. I'm curious as to the reasoning behind this.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 05-27-2013 at 03:20 AM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:11 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
1, out of state, 3 star recruit doesn't choose UCLA: I told you Alford sucks! (Also, no mention of him retaining Adams, Anderson, Parker, and Powell who are all WAY more important than a 3 star recruit)

2 players who got major minutes for UNLV transfer (one who we were all told would help lead them to the Final 4): Good riddance! We are better without them!

The ph9 hilarity never ceases to amaze.

But in all seriousness, I understand the UNLV homer stuff (to an extent), but whats up with the specific UCLA hate? Its very random and focused. I have lots of good-natured banter with the USC fans on here, but your comments just kinda seem like they have some hate filled agenda. I'm curious as to the reasoning behind this.
So what if Alford retained those players? The real is how many would have stayed if they didn't have to sit out a year? The reason why Moser transferred is he knew he wouldn't get that much playing time next year. The staff assumed this would be his last season of college basketball. Reinhardt wants to play point guard, and his dad foolishly thinks Katin could have been a one-and-done player if Rice showcased his talents better. Back when I made the Reinhardt comments, I didn't realize how big of nutcases he and his dad are. If he goes to UCLA, USC, etc., then the same thing will happen there. The coach will recruit point guard depth, and he'll just be miserable again.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
UCLA was once a proud program, but they have let first class douche bags like Howland and Alford call the shots. Howland let Reeves Nelson physically abuse players and did NOTHING about it. Alford defended a rapist and said that his basketball program was more important than her seeking justice. Yet, he calls himself a Christian. He called a BYU player an *ssh*le during the after game handshake. UCLA has no pride or integrity left. John Wooden would not be proud of the program the way it is today.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried to be cool man...I tried to be cool.

You still have failed to answer the question though.

Is Howland is hard nosed coach who players got frustrated playing for? Yes. Does this make him a massive douche bag? No, there are plenty of coaches who develop this reputation. By every first hand account of people I know who have met Howland he's a really nice guy. I like how you bring up Reeves Nelson stuff like you were actually there in practice. Howland also kicked him and multiple other misbehaving players (some big recruits) off the team. That hardly points to a scum bag.

Does Alford have a shady past? Yes. Did we hear a single peep about it when you were pimping the MWC? No. But the minute he goes to UCLA, you act like he's the devil himself.

These guys are far from the worst that college basketball has to offer, so again your hate is very focused and random, making me think that there must be further reasons behind it.

Also, "so what if Alford retained Adams, Anderson, Parker and Powell"? Seriously? Its HUGE to keep these guys. Way bigger than some 3 star out of state recruit that you made a big deal about. That's not even an arguable point. Adams and Anderson could have gone pro and would have gotten drafted. Powell and Parker were considering transferring back home after a coaching change. When it comes to Moser, who you were praising like he was God's gift to college basketball, a transfer is perfectly understandable. Easily dismissed because he "wouldn't have gotten minutes"? Tell me, where was that standard when Lamb and Smith transferred from UCLA? Lamb literally was going to barely see the floor and Howland was refusing to play Smith because he was 100 lbs overweight. Yet you murdered Howland for it. I suppose that adequately sums up your hilariously poor double standards (or rose colored glasses shall we say?) and randomly focused hate on UCLA, which again...you really haven't answered as to why the hate is so focused on this one specific program.

But alas I suspect you will simply move the goal posts as per your usual response.

As I said, I tried to be cool. I was hoping for some crazy back story as to why your UCLA hate is so personal. I sincerely would have enjoyed understanding your hate as it would at least give some sense to your posts. This is why BuckeyeDan said he was fascinated by you and wanted some personal details. There has to be some reason behind the madness. Or maybe its just trolling. Or pure madness? We simply want to understand!

Last edited by pierce2walker : 05-27-2013 at 02:14 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

I was telling the New Mexico fans before Alford left that he would leave if a better position opened up. They made up these stupid chants about Alford like he was some kind of God. It was rather funny and creepy at the same time. I also told New Mexico fans before the NCAA Tournament that their team was overrated because they couldn't shoot the ball well. They only scored 55 points at home against Wyoming. They lost to Harvard in the tournament. They were a very good offensive team. New Mexico couldn't stop them, and they couldn't score themselves.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Although Alford may have kept most of the players he inherited (he didn't keep Al Freeman), just watch and see the new talent (or lack thereof) he brings in. He's never been a great recruiter. He may have some talent on the UCLA roster now, but I highly doubt that will be the case three years from now. I think he'll get less and less results as he goes along because he can't recruit. He gets the most out of what he can bring in.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

I'm no fan of Mike Rice either. What he did was truly bullying. There's a difference in trying to get the most out of your players and physically abusing them. He also went nuts at people his own age and at his daughter's basketball games.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Welp, can't say I didn't expect more goal post shifting.

I never said I was a huge Alford fan. I said it was a "meh" hiring when it happened, but I'm willing to see what he can do at UCLA. I'm more curious as to the massive ramp up of hate you projected on to him once he went to UCLA, which goes back to my original question that you refuse to address.

And comparing Howland to Mike Rice is hilariously bad. Howland wore out his welcome, but is a good guy. Mike Rice is a nominee for asshole of the year. That comparison is a perfect example of your irrational and focused hate on UCLA, but I suppose you'll simply never address why that is. I am merely curious.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Welp, can't say I didn't expect more goal post shifting.

I never said I was a huge Alford fan. I said it was a "meh" hiring when it happened, but I'm willing to see what he can do at UCLA. I'm more curious as to the massive ramp up of hate you projected on to him once he went to UCLA, which goes back to my original question that you refuse to address.

And comparing Howland to Mike Rice is hilariously bad. Howland wore out his welcome, but is a good guy. Mike Rice is a nominee for asshole of the year. That comparison is a perfect example of your irrational and focused hate on UCLA, but I suppose you'll simply never address why that is. I am merely curious.
I wouldn't hate UCLA if they were able to hire Shaka Smart or Brad Stevens. Those are two coaches with class.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

I think another problem with UCLA is they receive too much hype. Even when they suck, they get talked about more than teams that are actually doing well. Then again, the same can be said about North Carolina and Duke.

Also, it's kind of annoying when programs like that can just go out and get pretty much anybody they want even in periods when they suck versus programs with less tradition who are actually doing well at the time.

Finally, I think it's because I don't like the big name power six schools because they treat the smaller schools like crap. Boise State beating Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl was one of the greatest bowl games ever.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think another problem with UCLA is they receive too much hype. Even when they suck, they get talked about more than teams that are actually doing well. Then again, the same can be said about North Carolina and Duke.

Also, it's kind of annoying when programs like that can just go out and get pretty much anybody they want even in periods when they suck versus programs with less tradition who are actually doing well at the time.

Finally, I think it's because I don't like the big name power six schools because they treat the smaller schools like crap. Boise State beating Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl was one of the greatest bowl games ever.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I don't know why anyone would find ph's posts interesting. He and massnole are the most predictable posters/homers on this board.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think it's because I don't like the big name power six schools
As Braveheart said, this is really all you had to say. Whether they are winning or not, UCLA is always the big kid on the block in your general region (West), along with maybe Arizona. Its easy to hate those teams. Maybe a little less so because your team is in a difference conference, but they often compete for the same players and stuff so I get that to an extent. This makes more sense now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yeah I don't know why anyone would find ph's posts interesting. He and massnole are the most predictable posters/homers on this board.
Solid comparison.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

I don't think ph9 is as bad as Masshole, not at all.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

UNLV should be fine next year. I think they will absolutely excel on defense. I'm optimistic about the offense because they have some true point guards on the roster. Anthony Marshall was their only option last year, and he wasn't a true point guard. I expect to see the tempo go way up. They didn't run last year. I'm kind of glad that people are sleeping on them. It's good motivation. And, the new mantra at UNLV is "believe or leave."

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/05/...ss-in-2013-14/
Old 05-28-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Sources say Katin Reinhardt has committed to USC. He and his dad deny it. Why believe Katin and his dad when they're both liars?

Last edited by ph90702 : 05-29-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey. Mike Rice is innocent. He was framed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote