Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 05-26-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i meant that golson can come back in 2014, not kiel.

with regards to kiel being highly rated was purely an arm thing. he had a great release and good power on his balls. I dont think he should be as highly rated as he was but i got it

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
He was at Texas 4 years actually as he took a RS.
Damn, I thought he was a true freshman when he got the starting job. Fun fact...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Damn, I thought he was a true freshman when he got the starting job. Fun fact...
He was in the Class of 2002, Texas redshirted him because Chris Simms was going into his Senior season.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I never really understood why he was so highly rated myself.
I meant why would they want Golson back, I think you're FSU buddy meant Kiel.

Kiel appears to have been overrated coming out of high school but not sure we've seen anything on the field to substantiate that. doesn't seem all that sure of what he's doing that's for sure.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I meant why would they want Golson back.
because in his first year starting Golson was already better than any of the other QBs Kelly has had playing for him @ND

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 05-27-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I meant why would they want Golson back, I think you're FSU buddy meant Kiel.

Kiel appears to have been overrated coming out of high school but not sure we've seen anything on the field to substantiate that. doesn't seem all that sure of what he's doing that's for sure.
Ah - mixed that up.

As for Golson, The defense got a lot of credit last year as it should have, but there was a lot of games Golson put them on his back during crucial drives. You don't find a lot of players like that who can come in and perform right away at the highest level. You can say he had the "it" factor probably.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, went to the OU vs. Notre Dame game, we couldn't get a stop when we needed it cause of a nice throw by Golson or his clutch drive after we had tied it up 10-10 or 13-13 or something. OU had all the momentum and he drove ND down the whole field to take the lead and never looked back. Very impressed with him in that game.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant think of a situation where a player was kicked off the team (no longer enrolled) missed an entire season and then came back. He didn't really impress me as much of anything other than a game manager. Notre Dame's offense was run oriented and he really wasn't a huge part of that statistically speaking. Yes, he did have 6 touchdowns on the ground but all of those came in the RZ in what I'm assuming were short yardage situations. Everybody is saying Tommy Rees, but I remeber hearing good things about Andrew Hendrix and his potential. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Hendrix get it.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:25 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
I cant think of a situation where a player was kicked off the team (no longer enrolled) missed an entire season and then came back. He didn't really impress me as much of anything other than a game manager. Notre Dame's offense was run oriented and he really wasn't a huge part of that statistically speaking. Yes, he did have 6 touchdowns on the ground but all of those came in the RZ in what I'm assuming were short yardage situations. Everybody is saying Tommy Rees, but I remeber hearing good things about Andrew Hendrix and his potential. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Hendrix get it.
ND has had another example in Darrin Walls and with Golson apparently already enrolled at holy cross (the JC where Rudy also became eligible) odds are reasonably decent that he will do what he says.

that being said im not counting on it.

With regards to Golson being the guy of the future:
BKs system is a system requiring a QB who can make plays with his legs by either extending the play or getting positive yards with his feet. In the Oklahoma game and the stanford game to a lesser extend Golson was the difference maker on offense. Yes we ran the ball a lot with 2 senior running backs and a frosh QB but its inherently a pass heavy system.

Rees is a smart game manager with just a ridiculously week arm but he knows the system better than any other guy on campus. Hendrix has better physical tools but has a tendency to totally miss defenders. Its been quite regular that hendrix threw interceptions exactly into the lap of a linebacker in zone. Rees would be the guy to lead this team to a 9 win season with the talent on D.

With Golson at holy cross the route is free for Malik Zaire to maybe gain some game experience and legitimately challenge golson when he gets back. Its clear that BK ideally wants a very mobile QB who is pass-first but can make plays.

Losing Golson for the season will probably cost us 1 or 2 wins but what hurts the team more is that Golson isnt getting the experience for 2014 and 2015, years where ND should be better although the recent exodus of 5 stars doesnt help.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 05-28-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I never really understood why he was so highly rated myself.
Looking now it is laughably bad some services rated him higher than Jameis Winston out of HS, despite the fact Winston dramatically out performed him at the Elite 11 (where Kiel was middle of the pack). out performed him throughout HS while facing a much higher level of competition, and overall is considerably more athletic.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote