Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 05-27-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I thought it was a solid game but the game easily favored the town.

I'll give a better collection of thoughts tomorrow.
I completely disagree. The town literally could afford only one bad lynch. I think the mafia made the huge mistake of having their votes painfully obvious when lynching SP, which allowed the town a pretty narrow group of players to consider.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do like that this game showed a day one lynch can help the town. It didnt happen but the lynch I would hope would have been OSU and the game would have been a cakewalk for the town. As it stood everyone knew there would be a no lynch so Grizz could afford to vote OSU to distance himself.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couple of other things:

- The inventor was a coinflip as to whether or not their inventions would work.
- If Maggie was targeted by Wiggum, she would've taken his gun and gotten a 1x vigilante kill
- The poison was pretty cool. It was given to Cain as GF and it took 2 nights to take effect, but was pretty much an unblockable kill. This didn't come into play as TH wasn't a power role, but there was a 50/50 shot that the poison would also roleblock it's target on the night in-between being administered and the death.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, the spreadsheet is private and I'm too lazy to request and wait for permission.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted to role block cigaro night one :-(

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Also, the spreadsheet is private and I'm too lazy to request and wait for permission.
Should be good now
Old 05-27-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Commuting was not even one of Homer's powers. He had to get that as a gift and use that on the right night just to afford the town the one-person advantage they won the game with.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I do like that this game showed a day one lynch can help the town. It didnt happen but the lynch I would hope would have been OSU and the game would have been a cakewalk for the town. As it stood everyone knew there would be a no lynch so Grizz could afford to vote OSU to distance himself.
Bingo. I knew we wouldn't actually lynch him so i bussed hard.

sig by BoneKrusher
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Day One: I said seven people were good and I was leaning good on an eight. All eight were good. I said five people were bad. Three were bad and I was leaning bad on another. So on day one, I cleared over half of the good guys and spotted 80% of the scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post

Good:
JR
Vidae
Gonzo
D-Unit
Trogdor
Cigaro
TH

Bad:
brat
OSU
Grizz, Rufus and CJ- They are always difficult for me to judge. I'm just getting an evil vibe from them. I'd guess at least one is evil.

Completely Unsure:
CMD- I am leaning good
UKFan- I'm leaning bad
SP-
Broth & Cain
Day Two: Rank the evil people. My top three suspicions? Two mafia and the serial killer.

Quote:

As for the rest, I'd rank them by most evil:
1. OSU
2. Brat
3. Grizz
4. SP
5. Rufus
6. D-Unit
Day Three: Again. Four out of five evil.

Quote:
Good:
1. JR
2. TH
3. Cigaro
4. Grizz

The Five I think Are Evil:
1. OSU
2. Rufus
3. brat
4. Cain
5. UKFan
To quote Gonzo, you bastards should have listened to me. I'm glad I won though. I feel this is by far my best game. Also, Mason is my favorite role. It allows me to play my crazy townie sefl but also gives me a verifiable role to clear me of suspicions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Commuting was not even one of Homer's powers. He had to get that as a gift and use that on the right night just to afford the town the one-person advantage they won the game with.
Yeah, that was pretty insane. Mafia was debating between CMD and Cigars for a while beforehand too.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I thought cigaro was a poor choice anyway. We were all still under the impressio he was a tracker and osu was ninja killing. Tracker really isn't much of a threat at that point

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-27-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Jr, you followed me onto the sp wagon. I call ******** on your awesome game

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-27-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Bingo. I knew we wouldn't actually lynch him so i bussed hard.
Worked great. You told the town exactly what they wanted to hear and that vote for OSU was clutch.

As for OSU he will learn from that mistake of playing to casual day one as mafia. Never ******* come at me.

I thought the mafia on a whole did a good job but almost too good of a job early as that came back to bite them later. You also maybe could have killed someone night one who is actually useful as a townie.

Bharaat, you remained under the radar for a while so respect but I like killing me was the act of an insane person. It worked out though so good on you. Thought the D kill was a terrible choice though you likely thought he was evil and were trying to even the numbers.

Last edited by Dr. Gonzo : 05-27-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Jr, you followed me onto the sp wagon. I call ******** on your awesome game
Yeah, that was pretty much my only mistake. But by day three I had called out every evil player. Also, great game by Cigaro. Him analyzing the voting on the SP lynch was extremely helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

I'm heading to bed but I'll have more comments on the game/setup in the morning. Synopsis: i think the setup favored the town but the town wasn't op and the way things played out had a big effect on things

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-27-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty obvious choice for MVP in this one:

Old 05-27-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Old 05-27-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I completely disagree. The town literally could afford only one bad lynch. I think the mafia made the huge mistake of having their votes painfully obvious when lynching SP, which allowed the town a pretty narrow group of players to consider.
I mean the game wasn't all that balanced.

The town played this game like **** and that's the only reason it was so close. **** Grizz should have been killed day two myself day three.

I will explain more tomorrow but mainly the town had too many ways to confirm their innocence. Masons are automatically good, the inventor is good, friendly neighbor. So that's automatically 4 guys.

Not to mention the town had wayyy to many power roles to go along with the above.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I will explain more tomorrow but mainly the town had too many ways to confirm their innocence. Masons are automatically good, the inventor is good, friendly neighbor. So that's automatically 4 guys.
I've been aware of that for quite some time, and while the game was close in terms of numbers it really took the whole suspecting thing out of it. And even when Rufus whiffed on his role because he is a terrible person, the claim itself still worked because it fit a character, which was annoying.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why must you say hateful things?
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I don't mean to be hateful. You know you're my boy and that you want to make me Cameron Poe when the time comes.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What role is an Idaho?

...and Cain as GF two games in a row? Very sneaky. Hard to ever guess that one.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No cop was interesting!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay town!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote