Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-24-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You 2 are buying the beer when we finally have our NFLDC Giants fan party/orgy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also like how you call yourself brownies. Is this something I can do or would I be considered racist? I feel like I'm missing out on the fun here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-24-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha! I'm down brother! Yeah you can call us brownies. I'm cool with it.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Process engineering. I love working with equipment, designing equipment, and optimizing it as well as the modifying the process flow path of large molecules itself. I won't bore you with the details bc it can get complicated.

I learned to enjoy it. I made the mistake early in my career of doing what you're "supposed" to do instead of what I wanted to do, as most brownies can relate to, and it took awhile to find a nice happy medium.

Well as long as you're happy now with what you're doing and can sustain it to the life style you want. How old are you? late 20s- early 30s?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Well as long as you're happy now with what you're doing and can sustain it to the life style you want. How old are you? late 20s- early 30s?
30. Yeah I'm happy with my career now. I'm in a good place career wise. Took me awhile. Had to bust my ass to get there, but when you get there, it feels good man.

I do look back at my 20s with some regret though. I worked so hard that I forget to enjoy my young adult life. I tell younger guys not to make the same mistake. You don't get those years back.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
30. Yeah I'm happy with my career now. I'm in a good place career wise. Took me awhile. Had to bust my ass to get there, but when you get there, it feels good man.

I do look back at my 20s with some regret though. I worked so hard that I forget to enjoy my young adult life. I tell younger guys not to make the same mistake. You don't get those years back.
Oh ok, you're around my age. I am 31, and going to be 32 this August. Yeah I am still climbing the steep mountain. I have to see where the heck the path leads me.

Maybe then I can enjoy my life.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
You 2 are buying the beer when we finally have our NFLDC Giants fan party/orgy.
I feel like if we all got together it would turn into one of the Hangover movies. I do not drink very much at all, but when I do I tend to have crazy weekends and not remember anything.

And there's nothing wrong with continuing your education. That's awesome, NYG. I believe people can continue their education at anytime and should do so if possible.

I'm working on two masters degrees right now and will be working in the school system in a couple years as a teacher. My goal is to teach for 4-5 years and then hopefully go the doctoral route and teach education at the university level.

It's going to be scary. Scotty and I both being teachers...

I feel as if I'm going to be like one of my favorite high school teachers. She was a huge Steelers fan and every time the Steelers lost you knew she was going to be grumpy on Monday, haha.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm well aware of that, I started running around labs doing things as a kid cause my family goes back a few generations with the whole eastern european scientist thing, so as an undergrad I was already running and designing my own experiments, and it was just so not for me. I'd rather PA on a small independent film shoot and just run around with paperwork for people, than do that ****.

EDIT: so apparently there's a whole page of posts between BBD's post I was responding to and where this post landed. weird, huh?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 05-24-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Man City at the Giants facility today:

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-27-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I know this has no effect on our upcoming season, or any season for the foreseeable future, but I'm actually excited about seeing Ryan Nassib. It's fun watching a quarterback develop. I really think Nassib can develop into something, I think he's a pretty underrated qb prospect. Should have been a 2nd rounder based on what I saw of him.

It will definitely make the preseason more enjoyable to watch, because the offense won't look like hot garbage when Eli hits the bench. It also gives us a better chance to evaluate skill position players on the back end of the roster, because we'll see a better qb delivering the ball.

He actually reminds me of a poor man's Eli in many ways. Went to a poor program and made them a winner, never played with great talent around him, had a knack for making comebacks and playing better in the 4th quarter, good arm talent, made the players around him better, quiet leader with a calm demeanor, had some accuracy issues in college that are correctable.

He has a lot of traits you look for in a quarterback. If we didn't have Eli I would be very excited about this guy, and quite honestly, I can't believe he lasted til the 4th round. He's a 2nd round talent. He had no business falling that far.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Me too! I agree! I am looking forward to seeing him develop and Pugh play. For this up coming season, and couple seasons afterwards, I am curious to see where Eli falls stat wise, such as Total Career TDs and Total Career Passing yards.

Eli can get into top 5 in passing yards and get very high on the TD one, like top 10.

So I am looking forward to seeing quietly, under the radar, accomplish these feats.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have there been any interesting observations from the OTAs so far?
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesn't really seem like it. i still want to know happen with the whole Nicks situation.

I miss Mike Garafolo. :(
Old 05-27-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know this has no effect on our upcoming season, or any season for the foreseeable future, but I'm actually excited about seeing Ryan Nassib. It's fun watching a quarterback develop. I really think Nassib can develop into something, I think he's a pretty underrated qb prospect. Should have been a 2nd rounder based on what I saw of him.

It will definitely make the preseason more enjoyable to watch, because the offense won't look like hot garbage when Eli hits the bench. It also gives us a better chance to evaluate skill position players on the back end of the roster, because we'll see a better qb delivering the ball.

He actually reminds me of a poor man's Eli in many ways. Went to a poor program and made them a winner, never played with great talent around him, had a knack for making comebacks and playing better in the 4th quarter, good arm talent, made the players around him better, quiet leader with a calm demeanor, had some accuracy issues in college that are correctable.

He has a lot of traits you look for in a quarterback. If we didn't have Eli I would be very excited about this guy, and quite honestly, I can't believe he lasted til the 4th round. He's a 2nd round talent. He had no business falling that far.
I agree with you BBD. I am not sure Nassau will beat out Carr immediately for the primary backup, but it is possible.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I agree with you BBD. I am not sure Nassau will beat out Carr immediately for the primary backup, but it is possible.
Probably not, they won't do Carr dirty like that. Even if Nassib does beat him, he won't be the 2nd qb on the roster this year. They'll keep 3 qbs this year in all likelihood and let go of Carr next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
It doesn't really seem like it. i still want to know happen with the whole Nicks situation.

I miss Mike Garafolo. :(
So. Much. Mike was the man. Nobody broke down games and practices like he did. Now the only way we can get this info is through BBI, bc Vaciano is pretty useless. He's more interested in trying to be funny than giving us game /practice breakdowns that are worth a damn.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Garafolo went to Fox Sports now. He still did a lot of Giants stuff for USA today but now he's going to be a national guy. He was by far the best.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-28-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I thought he was working for USA today?

He's becoming an insider now. Like Glazer, Schefter etc. It was only a matter of time for him, he was too good to just be a beat writer.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I thought he was working for USA today?

He's becoming an insider now. Like Glazer, Schefter etc. It was only a matter of time for him, he was too good to just be a beat writer.
He was but he just announced on Friday that he was moving again. Fox already has Glazer but I guess with the new Fox Sports channel coming they hired him Mike G to do TV?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-28-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Sounds like he's chasing the money. Good for him.

I'm not sure how great of a move that is for him though, he's gonna be under Glazer's shadow now.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah he didn't announce what he'll be doing exactly so we'll see. Hope he does well there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-28-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

From his tweets it sounds like he's doing a lot of insider stuff now.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Sounds like he's chasing the money. Good for him.

I'm not sure how great of a move that is for him though, he's gonna be under Glazer's shadow now.
Where are all these jobs opening popping up? Normally in the business world job jumping is looked down on. You're not a stable employee so they don't want to invest in you and training if you plan on going somewhere else.

Plus at the job interview they will ask you about why you left.

Jenny V. his replacement for us jumped too. Her job covering the draft was pathetic! She disappeared that weekend and basically mailed it in.

What an odd industry.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Where are all these jobs opening popping up? Normally in the business world job jumping is looked down on. You're not a stable employee so they don't want to invest in you and training if you plan on going somewhere else.

Plus at the job interview they will ask you about why you left.

Jenny V. his replacement for us jumped too. Her job covering the draft was pathetic! She disappeared that weekend and basically mailed it in.

What an odd industry.
I think the whole stigma about job hopping is a load of crap. If you want to advance your career quickly and make moves, you have to be a job hopper. Nobody hates on you for essentially promoting yourself through new jobs, the only people that might care is HR and who gives a damn what HR thinks.

Look at most people who have advanced their career successfully at a fast rate, most of them were job hoppers. The key is to job hop to get yourself into a comfortable level, then once you get the cushy job, THEN you chill and settle down for like 10 years at one place.

I've changed jobs every 2 years. I'm doing just fine. You have to move around to move up the ranks, or else you'll be stuck in the same position with the same title for 3 years and counting and wondering when you're gonna get what's "due" to you. Don't wait for others to give you what you deserve, go out there and take it.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I think the whole stigma about job hopping is a load of crap. If you want to advance your career quickly and make moves, you have to be a job hopper. Nobody hates on you for essentially promoting yourself through new jobs, the only people that might care is HR and who gives a damn what HR thinks.

Look at most people who have advanced their career successfully at a fast rate, most of them were job hoppers. The key is to job hop to get yourself into a comfortable level, then once you get the cushy job, THEN you chill and settle down for like 10 years at one place.

I've changed jobs every 2 years. I'm doing just fine. You have to move around to move up the ranks, or else you'll be stuck in the same position with the same title for 3 years and counting and wondering when you're gonna get what's "due" to you. Don't wait for others to give you what you deserve, go out there and take it.

Well you're being biased thinking about your situation where you were used a lab rat. Now you want to control the flow rather than you being the guy that does the work and gets no credit. So I can see why, but being a business major and working in the business world, job hopping is bad.

You can't jump around like that. Perhaps it's industry specific when it regards to the stigma. But do that in the business field for a fortune 500 company that needs to invest in you and that won't work.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Maybe it's industry specific. But it's not just me who's done it. My brother job hopped in wall street and it paid huge dividends for his career. I know several colleagues who have done the same.

3 years in one company is a long time. The job market is volatile. Switching jobs every 2 to 3 years isn't terrible to me. Every 6 months? Yeah you can't do that. Every 2 to 3 years? That's common, and I think it should be practiced for career development.