Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if we rush 2 interior linemen and 2 or 3 LBers on obvious passing down, Neal with Datone Jones are clearly our best 2 pass rushing DL.

Give Capers a chance to mix em up, try and create mismatches, etc.

I want QB's to go down often, and hard.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Well if we rush 2 interior linemen and 2 or 3 LBers on obvious passing down, Neal with Datone Jones are clearly our best 2 pass rushing DL.

Give Capers a chance to mix em up, try and create mismatches, etc.

I want QB's to go down often, and hard.
I would probably argue that Raji, when at his best, is a better interior pass rusher than Neal and certainly better than Jones, given Jones isn't at all proven yet.

I think they're standing Neal as a potential wrinkle. Or just to see if they can. Now is the time to play with that stuff. I can't even begin to believe they intend to play him as a 3-4 OLB, though.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Rodgers expects Jarrett Boykin to "get some opportunities this year" as the Packers' fourth receiver.

The nerve damage in Packers CB Tramon Williams' shoulder has "dramatically healed" after an offseason of yoga, jump-rope, and weightlifting.

The Packers are "intent" on giving 2012 second-round pick Casey Hayward every opportunity to win a starting job.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, loving this CB depth. Tramon/Shields/Hayward/House + Hyde added to the mix
Old 05-24-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Man, loving this CB depth. Tramon/Shields/Hayward/House + Hyde added to the mix
Yeah that is going to be one formidable secondary IF Tramon is 100% healthy again, Shields and Hayward continue to progress, and House gets back to showing the potential he had pre-shoulder injury.

I really like the Hyde pick but we'll see what he looks like in TC first. I know they don't want to but I'm still hoping we get to see what he looks like at FS.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our big improvement needs to come from the front 7 for sure, on defense.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

These 5 guys have to step up to bring Lombardi home; http://packersinsider.com/2013/05/if...t-step-up-big/

Also, listen to this from Kevin Greene on Nick Perry. https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmsport...h-kevin-greene

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 05-27-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnny Jolly has completed his drug program.

I am pulling for him to make the roster.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post

Me too... and I hope that he goes Kaepernick-Hunting in week one.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post

I'm trying to recall Jolly's year in our 3-4. Can anyone refresh me?

I seem to recall he had a lot of deflected passes but overall wasn't nearly as good as we had hoped. I think pro football focus gave him a really poor grade for the year and I think they do a pretty good job with their lineman grades.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone listed his stats from the last year he played. I'll try to find it. They weren't all that impressive, but stats don't always tell the full story with the 3-4 DE. Regardless the Packers obviously liked what they had in him because he had just signed 1st round RFA tender just before he was busted for codeine.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

39 tackles
1 sack
1 forced fumble
2 fumble recoveries
1 interception
Old 05-29-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Datone Jones
Raji
Pickett
Neal
CJ Wilson

I don't see how (other than injury) Jolly will get any playing time ahead of those 5 guys.
Don't we usually only dress 5 or 6 DL?
Old 05-29-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Who's gonna win the starting RT spot?
Newhouse, Barclay, or Sherrod?

Dammit I want Sherrod to get healthy.
We used back-to-back #1 picks on Bulaga & Sherrod... they were sposed to be our bookends.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Datone Jones
Raji
Pickett
Neal
CJ Wilson

I don't see how (other than injury) Jolly will get any playing time ahead of those 5 guys.
Don't we usually only dress 5 or 6 DL?
I can see Jolly earning playing time over Wilson. Plus given the tendency for our guys to get hurt, we're going to need as much quality depth as possible.

Quote:

We used back-to-back #1 picks on Bulaga & Sherrod... they were sposed to be our bookends.
I think it's easily Barclay at right tackle. He was really starting to improve as he got more experience and our running attack was far better with him on the line.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Barclay. Newhouse is a terrible run blocker. Why draft 2 running backs and shift your best pass blockers to the left if you don't intend to make your OLine a strong run group. Newhouse simply won't accomplish that.

I also think C.J. Wilson is a joke and Jolly has the potential to be a much more valuable reserve.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I agree about Newhouse & Barclay. It just cracks me up to hear a lot of talk about Newhouse having the experience edge there at the RT battle.

I don't know about Jolly.... and it seems the coaches like Wilson more than we do... not sure why. Nice size, don't see any production though.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shields signs his tender!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Shields signs his tender!
Well, that's good news.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You'd think that if he is doing well this season, the Pack will lock him up to a long term deal
Old 06-03-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
You'd think that if he is doing well this season, the Pack will lock him up to a long term deal
I hope we sign him before the season starts. If he comes out and plays better than last year he's going to be in line for a BIG contract. Super fast corners with excellent man cover skills get big bucks.

Regardless, I'm glad that he'll be there for mini-camp. He's really our best option against faster receivers and ideally he'll team up with Tramon on the outside with Heyward in the slot. That's a very good to excellent trio, especially with House as the dime guy.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Watching Super Bowl XXXII now on NFL Network.
Packers were 12 point favorites, but the defense was just confused.... damn shoulda been back to back, and another ring.

Same with 2011. Defenses both times were the main culprit.

Shields and Raji will probably have to play out their seasons.... a lot of guys are due money next year, James Jones Morgan Burnett gonna take some money.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Barclay has been moved to Center. That's a bit disappointing. Hope Bahktari (sp?) steps up to keep Newhouse off the field. Could be temporary but the article didn't make it sound that way.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Barclay has been moved to Center. That's a bit disappointing. Hope Bahktari (sp?) steps up to keep Newhouse off the field. Could be temporary but the article didn't make it sound that way.
I hope to God it's not permanent.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Barclay has been moved to Center. That's a bit disappointing.
WTF .........