Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-28-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure some of the other fans talk like this once in a while. We do get pretty deep into everything though haha.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way I'm surprised you're alive Rose. I thought Robben's goal might send you into a drunken week long stupor.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-28-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The goal keeping in that game was sick. But Muller played like ass. He blew a couple of shots on goal.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
By the way I'm surprised you're alive Rose. I thought Robben's goal might send you into a drunken week long stupor.
Well ultimately a german club won, and Bayern do house most of our national team, so I was able to get over it, especially cause I'm still not over the Knicks going out in game 6. That was just such a **** feeling, I went out with my friend and her room-mate that night and the last time I checked the score the Knicks where up about half way through the 4th. Then we finally got everyone together and made it to the bar for me to find out what had happened. So a german club winning the CL did cheer me up a little, even if it was dirty Bayern.

Plus I've been coming to terms with Bayern winning the Treble ever since they sleepwalked through that second leg against Arsenal and didn't get knocked off. Dortmund was Europe's best shot at beating Bayern, but with Hummels and Pisczek all banged up, and Gotze still out, their lack of depth was going to get exposed. And quality players like Kuba, Grosskreutz, and most of all Bender, playing their worst games of the season didn't make matters easier.

Still though that first half hour did make that end result really brutal, Neuer continues to impress upon the world that he truly is the best keeper in the world now, and I can't feel anything but love for the efforts of Reus, Gundogan and Weidenfeller, those 3 still almost pulled it off and no matter how much losing Gotze and likely Lewa will suck, BVB will be Bayern's biggest threat once again next season.

And Kloppo. How is he not everyone's favorite manager?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 05-28-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's 169 Bar, btw.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 05-29-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After 6 seasons, Steve Smith has retired.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
After 6 seasons, Steve Smith has retired.
Obviously his knee was a big issue, you have to say nice evaluation by our medical staff.

Looks like they did another similar evaluation with Phillips, it seems his knee is a lot worse than people thought.

from espn.com
"Kenny Phillips said the reason he missed practice wasn't a setback with his knee but rather caution because Tuesday's practice was on a wet field and he didn't want to risk the work he's doing to get the knee stronger. Phillips' knee is obviously an issue, and the main reason he's no longer on the Giants."

If a wet field is enough to make Phillips miss practice, how is it going to hold up to the rigors of an NFL season? It seems like serious stability/strength issues there.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like Terrell Thomas is pretty confident on being ready for training camp

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...j52UXm9FFtUA6L

I do hope he does make it back, although I see him as a safety, I don't think playing corner is wise.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean, if TT comes back (a huge if and we should not rely on him) I'd love him at safety. Would give us some depth at safety and someone who can potential start over Brown.

Again, I expect he is done but who knows?
Old 05-29-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I mean, if TT comes back (a huge if and we should not rely on him) I'd love him at safety. Would give us some depth at safety and someone who can potential start over Brown.

Again, I expect he is done but who knows?
Totally agree, if TT comes back healthy it is a bonus. I still think he is well suited to that third safety spot.

One thing I will note about this offseason is there is a lot of opportunity. At most positions there is plenty of competition and a legit shot to earn roster spots and playing time. We may not have established quality starters at every position and in some areas we have guys coming back from medical issues (such as Snee, Baas, Rivers, Curry and Thomas), but we do have some good vets most with something to prove and a lot if young players with ability (some of whom have been in our system for a while). These guys are all going to be fighting for roster spots, there is going to be quite a lot of competition in camp.

Sure having guys like Nicks, Cruz, Snee, Baas etc missing practices is less than ideal, but it also gives extra reps for the other players to show what they can do.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Giants make two moves (info from giants101.com)

New York Giants Sign Former Jacksonville Jaguars LB Kyle Bosworth, Nephew of Brian Bosworth
May 29th, 2013 at 8:10 PM
By Doug Rush
On Wednesday, the New York Giants have signed linebacker Kyle Bosworth, according to Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News.

"New Giants LB Kyle Bosworth is the nephew of the original "Boz" — former NFL LB Brian Bosworth. #NYG," he tweeted.

Bosworth was originally an undrafted free agent that was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars back in 2010. After not playing at all in his rookie season, Bosworth played nine games in 2011 and 16 games in 2012.

In the Jacksonville season opener against the Minnesota Vikings, Bosworth started in place of the injured Daryl Smith, the team's longtime former starting middle linebacker.

Bosworth is the nephew of former NFL linebacker Brian Bosworth, who was the number one overall pick in the 1987 NFL Supplemental Draft by the Seattle Seahawks. Bosworth is listed as one of the NFL's biggest flops after having such promise coming out of college.

The 26-year-old Bosworth has 42 career tackles with one interception with the Jaguars

New York Giants Waive TE Michael Palmer Off IR, Sign LSU TE Chase Clement
May 29th, 2013 at 7:49 PM
By Doug Rush

On Wednesday, the New York Giants have announced that they have waived tight end Michael Palmer, who had been placed on waivers back on May 18.

Palmer had cleared waivers and was placed on the Giants Injured/Reserved List. The former Atlanta Falcons player had been signed back on May 12, just after the Giants rookie camp concluded.

To take his place on the 90-man roster, the Giants have signed former LSU tight end Chase Clement. Clement had originally been signed by the Giants just after the 2013 NFL Draft concluded as an undrafted free agent, but had been cut to make room for other players on the roster.

But with Palmer's injury, it allowed Clement to be re-signed and compete for a spot on the team.

Currently, the Giants have Brandon Myers, Adrien Robinson and Bear Pascoe as their three main tight ends, however, with the knee injury to fullback Henry Hynoski, Pascoe likely will get shifted to play fullback until Hynoski returns from surgery.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm more curious to see how Nassib performs during practice today than anyone else.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Practice is over already haha. I think Nassib threw a pick 6 to Hill.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-30-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys draft board..

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/...-7-round-board
Old 05-30-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

R.R. asked about not going to Duke in his interview and said he had some issue going on, so wasn't able to make it.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Shockingly not a big deal as you and I said.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-30-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
ever wondered how they draft or their philosophy to roster build?

what gets me is that this is the second time it has happened.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I hope they do it every year. This is the best bit of post draft reporting the second year running.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-30-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

some info on new LB Kyle Bosworth

Seems like a good special teamer with some experience

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/5/30...nts-linebacker

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/5/30...nville-jaguars
Old 05-31-2013, 06:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Eh. He probably won't even make the team.

It's good to hear Randle is doing well. Practice never satisfies you though. Bc when one unit does well, it means the opposite unit played poorly. And the secondary is a concern of mine. I want to hear good things about our secondary.

I used to love Garafolo's practice breakdowns. We're gonna miss him on the beat. Jenny Vrentas was useless. Have no idea how she's moving so quickly up the ranks, she's the most useless beat writer the Giants had.

Now we have to rely on BBI. I never was too huge on their breakdowns bc they're too biased. But they're really all we have left.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I also enjoyed seeing Dallas' draft board. It's not something you should weigh too heavily bc every team's draft board is significantly different from one another, which is why mock drafts and media big boards are generally pretty useless, but it is nice to see how they had their players ranked.

I think seeing Nassib as a 2nd round grade was a good sign. After studying Nassib (I admittedly didn't study any qbs bc I never care to since we have Eli) I had him as a 2nd round grade. A high 2nd round grade, I liked him quite a bit. So it's nice to see Dallas agree with that.

In a slightly related note, I went back and studied a player I liked a lot coming out in Chandler Jones, then I reevaluated Damontre Moore.

And I noticed both have a ton of similarities. Both are strength/length rushers. Both lack elite closing speed, both have similar measurables, both were similar in production in college.

I then went to the combine and measured them up. Almost identical. Both are around 6 5" 265 with almost the same arm length. Both ran poor 40s. Chandler ran a 4.9. Similar shuttle and 3 cone.

Their rush styles are very similar. I think Chandler has a better bullrush bc his base is much stronger, but I think Moore has potential to really develop his base. Afterall, Moore is only 20 or 21 years old. He's a puppy.

I don't expect much from Moore this year, but if we can develop him properly, we might have something there. I really hope he can develop as our future LE.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Yeah, I love the Moore pick and think it'll be our next beastly pick up at DE, he'll have a year behind Tuck and Kiwi to get stronger and absorb what the coaches are throwing at him and then when Tuck leaves he can platoon with Kiwi on the left.

I actually really like a lot of our picks this year, Big Hank is my least favorite prime pick and I'm even positive about him. Pugh is almost the prototypical giants lineman and can become a better David Diehl for us who slots in all over the place while we get this OL sorted. Nassib I like a lot as well and do think at some point he'll start for a team, add Moore to that and I'm very happy with the big 4 picks, and after that it's all a crap shoot I know nothing about any way.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 05-31-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://nfldraftzone.com/draft-news/c...ew-york-giant/

Here is an undrafted free agent we just signed who is getting rave reviews

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

here is a good article on the OTAs http://sports.yahoo.com/news/three-s...184200146.html

Pat Traina makes a good point about Jacquain Williams:

Quote:
Jacquian Williams' Lingering Knee Ailment. Linebacker Jacquian Williams is entering this third season as a pro, and is currently penciled in as the new starting weakside linebacker, a spot that became available when the Giants released Michael Boley earlier this offseason in a salary cap saving move.

The problem, though, is that Williams, who last season missed time due to a PCL injury hasn't been able to do much on the field this spring. When asked about his absence, Williams, who opted to not have any surgery in the offseason, said that he's been trying to rest his knee so he's ready for the start of the season.

While that approach normally wouldn't create the need for a second thought, what is of concern is that why, nearly six months after the 2012 season ended, Williams is still bothered by his injury to where he would need to proceed with caution.

Moreover, if the knee is still an issue to where there is reluctance on the part of the player or the team's medical staff to turn him loose or the OTAs, might a more aggressive course of action be in the cards? Or has something new developed which has warranted the more cautious approach?

Williams and the Giants aren't saying much, so it will be interesting to see if the linebacker is ready to go for summer training camp, which starts on July 26, when the players report to the Timex Performance Center.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
http://nfldraftzone.com/draft-news/c...ew-york-giant/

Here is an undrafted free agent we just signed who is getting rave reviews
Charles James is another good young rookie with talent.

I am looking forward to seeing how he and the other rookies progress during the offseason.