Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-30-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Real Racing 3 is still my favorite iphone racing game

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm addicted to family feud. I play it every day.

Is there anyway we can delete all the crappy apps that come with the phone without jailbreaking it? I've learned to hate the mail app, I have no use for the weather app, newstand, and compass. I want to delete them. Right now I just put them all in a folder so I won't have to deal with them but I rather just get rid of them completely.

I don't want to jailbreak my phone though. I actually prefer the closed environment.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
no, you'd have to jailbreak to remove any apple standard apps.
It's so annoying. It's just crap that's wasting space on the phone. I don't want to jailbreak the phone though bc from my understanding, when I do that, I open myself up to attacks that the closed system prevents? I'm not much of a techy so I prefer the closed environment to protect me from my own stupidity.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
not true, you can still use the normal app store, your phone is still, virtually, identical. i'm not aware of any evidence (for either phone OS) that jailbreaking makes it demonstrably less secure. and, honestly in some cases, i wouldn't be surprised if it were more secure, since the rom makers generally update far faster to 0-day bugs.

you could certainly, depending on the rom, go download some third party apps, but it's relatively easy to avoid by simply not doing that.
I have to look this up and find out what's involved. Maybe I should jailbreak my phone then. Does it effect my contract with my provider if I jailbreak it?
Old 05-31-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It also nullifies the warranty you have on your phone which is really the only reason I saw to not jailbreak my phone. Once my warranty was up on my previous Iphone I went ahead and jailbroke it immediately, and never regretted doing so.

Only know unlocking your phone is illegal now (-__-)which comes pretty standard with a lot of jailbreaks so if youre worried about that then make sure whichever one you choose isn't also unlocking your phone. At the time that was another reason why I jailbroke my phone so I could get out of my contract with ******* at&t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried doing some following up on the issue when my roommate informed me about it, and I really couldn't figure out what the hell was going on. Basically BBD, jailbreak your iphone unless youre worried about the warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, been a while since there was some activity in here. So I just got a marketing job for a company in my hometown that is selling a new app on the apple store. Thought I would try to get some of you guys to download it and see what you think

iShoutOut is the name of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My girlfriend has had iOS7 for the past few months through the beta testing, and it looks really damn neat. Can't wait to get it tomorrow.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I've been checking my phone like every hour to see if the notification comes up.

Pretty excited about it. It's like we're getting a new phone in a way.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be lying if I said I haven't refreshed my software update option at least ten times.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I googled it this morning and apparently we should expect the update to come at 12 pm EST. That's when all other updates have come out.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It takes some getting used to, but overall, it's a good OS.

Some of the standard Apple app icons are absolutely terrible, IMO. I still haven't gotten used to photos.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Does it feel like a different phone after you download the new OS?

Or is it pretty much the same? Is it just as smooth as the old OS?
Old 09-18-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

One quick question, what gets deleted when you update the iOS? Will I need to make any changes or will anything get erased?
Old 09-18-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
One quick question, what gets deleted when you update the iOS? Will I need to make any changes or will anything get erased?
Gizmodo recommends doing a backup. I don't really know much other than that though.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

New York is slated to get the update at 1 pm apparently. There's a picture online with the release times for various cities.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Always, always ALWAYS do a backup of stuff you never want to lose when upgrading any OS (mobile or PC).

The OS feels like iWinDroid. Very flat. I don't like the parallax. It's fairly lame, IMO.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Doesn't the cloud back you up anyway?
Old 09-18-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Doesn't the cloud back you up anyway?
It *should*...
Old 09-18-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I have to wait until I get home to download bc I need wifi. Bah!
Old 09-18-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see an update on mine yetbut i have to wait for my wifi at home either way.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it so far, everything stayed from what I can tell so far.

One thing that I have heard is to be cautious if you have anything older than the 5. Supposedly they have had some problems on those versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I tried to download it, it failed for whatever reason. Now it's say there is no update available..
Old 09-18-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Pretty sure even you phone dislikes you, Forenci

Also, count me on the ones waiting for wifi. This blows!
Old 09-18-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It should dislike me because I dislike it. Anyway, from what read it's really not that much of an upgrade. Just some added functionality that should have been in three years ago.