Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 06-01-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
*shrugs*

I think the team hired him in case Fangio eventually leaves and can move Mangini into the DC spot. Other than that, I dont see the point in hiring him.
Quote:
Just read that they hired Mangini as an OFFENSIVE ASSISTANT....hmmm, considering he's been a defensive coach except for one year in Baltimore, am I the only one who doesnt like this move at all? Seriously, we have Harbaugh and even Roman...why the hell do we need Mangini???

Sorry but I dont like this at all. And he better not cause any problems.
Dan, do you read the articles or just skim for information to complain about.

He is being hired to work with the offense, yes, BUT he is doing it with his defensive expertise. He is going to be telling Roman and Harbaugh how different defensive schemes might attack all of their offensive ideas.

It's proactive coaching, and the great teams do it.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:26 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Dan, do you read the articles or just skim for information to complain about.

He is being hired to work with the offense, yes, BUT he is doing it with his defensive expertise. He is going to be telling Roman and Harbaugh how different defensive schemes might attack all of their offensive ideas.

It's proactive coaching, and the great teams do it.
Common sense tells you that since he's a defensive coach, he would be hired to assist the defense, not the offense. And if anything, once Kaepernick took over, our offense was better than our defense. Even without Crabtree, im not worried about the offense. I'm more concerned about the defense.

I'm not a fan of Mangini whatsoever so I just have to wait and see how it plays out.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:35 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Common sense tells you that since he's a defensive coach, he would be hired to assist the defense, not the offense. And if anything, once Kaepernick took over, our offense was better than our defense. Even without Crabtree, im not worried about the offense. I'm more concerned about the defense.

I'm not a fan of Mangini whatsoever so I just have to wait and see how it plays out.
No. They wanted to hire a defensive guru to work with the offense. That way can plan around the different defensive philosophies that might attack their offense.

Helping the offense can't hurt.

And what about Mangini's abilities as an X's and O's defensive mind don't you like?
Old 06-02-2013, 02:57 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

poor dan....
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No. They wanted to hire a defensive guru to work with the offense. That way can plan around the different defensive philosophies that might attack their offense.

Helping the offense can't hurt.

And what about Mangini's abilities as an X's and O's defensive mind don't you like?
He might be able to help the offense but I'll believe it when I see it. If the offense struggles early and its not because of Kaepernick, chances are it will be because of Mangini not reading defenses correctly and thus, not helping our offense.

Living in NY, I got to see him with the Jets and quite honestly, he's not very good at all. He's average at best. He was only good with Belichick and that has more to do with Belichick than it does him. Also, dont like him because I wouldnt be surprised if at some point, he tries to make a power play to be our next defensive coordinator.

Long story short...I dont like him and quite honestly, we dont need him. Harbaugh, Roman and Fangio have done excellent and if they eliminate the stupid gadget plays that rarely if ever work, they'll surpass excellence.

I do understand what you're saying even though he's been out of coaching for three years and majority of coaches back then have since been replaced so I really dont see how he could possibly help our offense. I'm going to guess that he'll to break down tape and whatnot but at the same time, thats what Kaepernick and our offense should be doing. Having someone tell you stuff but learning and adjusting yourself are two very different things.

Anyway, I'll wait to see how our offense does once the season starts before making any more posts about Mangini. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if the offense struggles, it's going to be because of Mangini? Wow didn't realize he's going to come in and have so much leverage in terms of what we do on offense. I guess Roman and Harbaugh really needed some extra guidance based on last year. Offensive assistant? No, that's just a PR facade. More like offensive dictator!

By the way does this logic work in reverse too? If the 49ers offense is even more productive than last season will it be because of Mangini? Should he just be elevated to head coach then?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
So if the offense struggles, it's going to be because of Mangini? Wow didn't realize he's going to come in and have so much leverage in terms of what we do on offense. I guess Roman and Harbaugh really needed some extra guidance based on last year. Offensive assistant? No, that's just a PR facade. More like offensive dictator!

By the way does this logic work in reverse too? If the 49ers offense is even more productive than last season will it be because of Mangini? Should he just be elevated to head coach then?
If the offense declines and its not because of Kaepernick, first thought would be because of the guy that was brought in to help make the offense better. Is that what it would actually be? Possibly not but thats what the perception would be. Thats just how it goes. When you have stuff set and make an adjustment or change and it doesnt work as good as it did before, the adjustment or change is usually the blame whether or not its warranted.

Last edited by dan77733 : 06-02-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mangenius agrees to join staff as a consultant.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-...ini-consultant

Niners covering all details. Winners don't get complacent and they are bringing someone in on the inside to try and poke holes in the offense so they can make adjustments and stay ahead of the curve. Brilliant.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
If the offense declines and its not because of Kaepernick, first thought would be because of the guy that was brought in to help make the offense better. Is that what it would actually be? Possibly not but thats what the perception would be. Thats just how it goes. When you have stuff set and make an adjustment or change and it doesnt work as good as it did before, the adjustment or change is usually the blame whether or not its warranted.
No, that's what YOUR perception would be. He wasn't brought in to directly make the offense better. He was brought in to consult with the offensive minds, to challenge them, to devise schemes to defeat them.... Competition, competition, competition.

He is a CONSULTANT... not a coach. He'll not be involved in gameplans. Just as Pistol-guru Chris Ault has been asked to work with defenses. It's proactive progression.

It cannot hurt the offense. Only help.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There is always change in the NFL. Even if you had the exact same staff for three years there is still going to be a ridiculous amount of change because you need to diversify your team every season. Everything gets studied relentlessly. Also, rosters change every season because of injury, draft, retirement, and free agency.

Quote:
Old 06-02-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Okay, okay....how about we just wait and see how it all plays out.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Okay, okay....how about we just wait and see how it all plays out.
Nah, I'd rather just absolutely hate the move before it plays out.

;)
Old 06-02-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Nah, I'd rather just absolutely hate the move before it plays out.

;)
Good one. I just dont think we need Mangini. Nothing more, nothing less but whatever.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:43 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harbs on Judge Judy

LOL
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:36 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

That just seems so Jim Harbaugh. Not surprised at all. He is turning into a real life version of Where is Waldo.

Quote:
Old 06-05-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
That just seems so Jim Harbaugh. Not surprised at all. He is turning into a real life version of Where is Waldo.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ness again.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 06-11-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

'If you cheat to win, then you've already lost' - Jim Harbaugh on the Seahawks' PED issues:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-...above-reproach

Old 06-11-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Larry Grant test positive for PED's? Not sure if the test came when he was playing, or he was tested in the offseason.

I don't disagree with Harbaugh, but i don't see the need to fan the flames...
Old 06-11-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Didn't Larry Grant test positive for PED's? Not sure if the test came when he was playing, or he was tested in the offseason.

I don't disagree with Harbaugh, but i don't see the need to fan the flames...
True. However John Moffitt, Allen Barbre, Winston Guy, Richard Sherman, Bruce Irvin and Brandon Browner is a significantly longer list than Larry Grant.

It's also 42 more games played in 2012 and 34 more starts.

Also, Larry Grant wasn't brought back. 5 of the 6 Seahawks were.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Yes. Fan the flames Harbaugh then beat their a$$es on the field.

What's your deal?!

Old 06-11-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Have we signed all of our draft picks yet?
Old 06-11-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lemonier signed today. I think Lattimore signed a month ago. Not sure about any others.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lemonier signed today. I think Lattimore signed a month ago. Not sure about any others.
Missing Reid.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Barrows said AJ Jenkins was starting opposite Boldin in yesterday's OTA session....and Harbaugh/Roman said AJ had 2 great practices last week. Patton also reportedly had a great practice yesterday. Reports are up on Barrows/Maiocco twitter feeds.

Hopefully this continues. Boldin the 1, Jenkins 2, Patton 3, with Manningham coming back at some point too.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Barrows said AJ Jenkins was starting opposite Boldin in yesterday's OTA session....and Harbaugh/Roman said AJ had 2 great practices last week. Patton also reportedly had a great practice yesterday. Reports are up on Barrows/Maiocco twitter feeds.

Hopefully this continues. Boldin the 1, Jenkins 2, Patton 3, with Manningham coming back at some point too.
and the beloved Kyle Williams.