Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-29-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

7? Are you kidding me?
That is more absurd than the one mock I saw of next year that had Fales as a top 5 pick, OVER Bridgewater.

Just look at this year. You had a lot of QB's with decent resumes, and they got picked 4th round. 1 QB in the 1st round, and I doubt he ends up being successful.

I do think more teams will be apt to selecting a QB though. If Locker, Gabbert and Ponder continue to struggle, those teams might look at replacing them.
Same with the Rams with Bradford, and Bucs with Freeman.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
tommy rees clearly

Not going to happen.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:44 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched bunch of film tonight, and as of right now Teddy Bridgewater is probably the only one I would guarantee as a first rounder, and I think he's probably going to go first overall (or to the highest team that needs a QB). For me, there's a pretty big gap between him and everyone else. Here are some rough notes for anyone inclined to read them:

Teddy Bridgewater vs South Florida 2012

Looks very composed and has repeatedly used his athleticism to set up throws; he looks like he's about to take off (and is fast and athletic enough to take off on a regular basis) but pulls up at the LOS and delivers an accurate throw to an open receiver. Good ball fakes/pump fakes, reads the defense, and effectively manipulates defenders into trying to guess what he's going to do - then he does the other thing. He looks very cerebral to me. While I'm liking his legs a lot, and he's throwing accurately, I would like to see slightly sharper throws. His arm certainly doesn't look weak, but if there's a category right now that I wish was better, I wish I saw him put a little more juice on intermediate passes. Has good touch, though. Don't know if I saw a true deep throw all game.

Teddy Bridewater vs Cincinnati 2012

Teddy Bridgewater vs Rutgers 2012

Tajh Boyd vs South Carolina 2012

Tajh Boyd vs Georgia Tech

Jeff Mathews vs Yale 2012

Aaron Murray vs Alabama 2012

Aaron Murray vs Auburn 2012

Edit (More):

David Fales vs BYU 2012

Johnny Manziel vs Mizzou 2012

Johnny Manziel vs Oklahoma 2013 (Cotton Bowl)

Casey Pachall vs Virginia 2012

Casey Pachall vs Boise State 2011

Last edited by Caulibflower : 06-03-2013 at 01:54 AM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know how to scout, which is why I rely on you guys for answers, but what about Casey Pachall? Big frame at 6'4" I think, strong arm and accurate, can make a lot of throws. I know I'm partly biased since I go to TCU but if he plays like he did before he was suspended (11 TDs: 1 INT, led the nation in passing efficieny) then where could he fall?
Old 06-02-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Tajh Boyd as a potential 1st round QB. People are already talking about Teddy Bridgewater in the 1st round. I'm starting to pay more attention to David Fales. Johnny Manziel's game does not translate to an NFL QB in my opinion. It's still wide open. I liked how you used the word "potential" because it does not make any sense to make conclusions with almost one year left.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Omar Jacobs and Andre Woodson have a pretty good shot of going in the first next year.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I think Omar Jacobs and Andre Woodson have a pretty good shot of going in the first next year.
I see what you did there.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Bridgewater and Boyd. The others...I don't see it. They'll have to drastically improve.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Maybe Bridgewater and Boyd. The others...I don't see it. They'll have to drastically improve.
Right now my feeling is that it's quite a bit like last year's class with the addition of a blue chip prospect in Bridgewater. I probably still would've had Boyd as my number one quarterback in this year's class if he'd declared, but while he's had some amazing games, there are definitely some games where he had accuracy issues throughout. I've even rebutted people before for calling him "inconsistent," but I have to admit I was bothered by some of his throws. I think in a lot of ways he can make up for it because I feel like he has great pocket awareness and intuition for how plays are developing, and while he has great athleticism he uses it set himself up to throw. He's pretty hard to sack, and I give a lot of points for that when I'm evaluating. Accuracy has been a recent red flag, though, and I know I need to watch some more film because usually that's something you notice right away, but he'd looked pretty accurate to me in the first handful of games that I watched.

Speaking of accuracy, I've been impressed by Johnny Manziel's. I mention it in the above notes, but he's really terrific at throwing passes from odd angles while he's on the move. With his style that's a necessity, and he pulls it off. I'm not opposed to likening him to a superfast Jeff Garcia at this point, pending presumed further development.

Other than those three, though, I'm not sure I see any more possible first rounders (and I'd give Manziel and Boyd tentative "1-2" grades at this point). I need to watch some more AJ McCarron, but he's kind of in Matt Barkley territory for me at the moment.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I loved those guys to death as prospects. I still don't understand why Omar Jacobs busted so hard.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I see what you did there.
My point though, is that these threads almost always look dumb. Every year people just list every draftable QB and slap a first round grade on them in the preseason and talk about how we have another 1983 on our hands. Jacobs and Woodson are two extreme ones, but I can go on.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie

Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bridgewater at this point is the only QB I look at and say he will go first round hands down. There are about 5 guys that I wouldnt give a first round grade to but could easily emerge as a first round draft pick. We see it happen every year.
I really like Fales. I liked the tape against Bowling green. Everyone knocks him for his arm but i think makes the necessary throws. Their offense didnt really call for many deep ball throws. He has very good zip on the intermediate routes. The only knock can say with with his arm is when he gets put under pressure he tends to get happy feet which doesnt allow him to use his lower half when throwing which doesnt help his average arm cuz he still tries to make the throws he cant. He is very efficient and throws the ball very well on the run. He feels pressure in the pocket and although he isnt a very good athlete he manages to keep plays alive. I think if he has a as good of a year this year as he did last then he could easily sneak into the first round.
Norcal3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
My point though, is that these threads almost always look dumb. Every year people just list every draftable QB and slap a first round grade on them in the preseason and talk about how we have another 1983 on our hands. Jacobs and Woodson are two extreme ones, but I can go on.
Oh I know, it just took me a second to remember where I remembered the names. I'm fairly young. Haha. Those guys were entering the league about the same time I started learning about the draft. Like I said, though - Personally, Bridgewater is the only one right now I'd call a first round pick with any feeling of certainty.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Oh I know, it just took me a second to remember where I remembered the names. I'm fairly young. Haha. Those guys were entering the league about the same time I started learning about the draft. Like I said, though - Personally, Bridgewater is the only one right now I'd call a first round pick with any feeling of certainty.
Oh, yeah, I'm only 22 myself. Not really sure why I remember Omar Jacobs...