Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-02-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Yeah, I love the Moore pick and think it'll be our next beastly pick up at DE, he'll have a year behind Tuck and Kiwi to get stronger and absorb what the coaches are throwing at him and then when Tuck leaves he can platoon with Kiwi on the left.

I actually really like a lot of our picks this year, Big Hank is my least favorite prime pick and I'm even positive about him. Pugh is almost the prototypical giants lineman and can become a better David Diehl for us who slots in all over the place while we get this OL sorted. Nassib I like a lot as well and do think at some point he'll start for a team, add Moore to that and I'm very happy with the big 4 picks, and after that it's all a crap shoot I know nothing about any way.
There is a lot to like about our rookie class this year. It isn't the flashiest group but should be productive with high upside.
Big_Pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

an interesting article on Adrien Robinson

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/york-gi...211900284.html
Big_Pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't get too excited about our UDFA CB. Let's see how he does when the games come on. I'm usually very skeptical about these stories bc they're usually just offseason chatter that never amounts to anything.

For every Victor Cruz there's 10 Jonas Seawrights. So let's wait and see how that plays out.

I do have high hopes for Adrian Robinson though. I thought that was a great pick by us when we made it, and while I don't expect him to start this year, I do want to see him flash, so he can fill in as the starter in his 3rd year. If he can show us some potential we can use the 2 TE set more, and I think that would expand our offense.

Our bread and butter is the 3 Wide set, but being able to use the 2 TE would help us out a lot. I want to see us become a more balanced team this year, and have more success on the ground. In fact, I fully expect our run game to be much improved. That will mean Eli's numbers will dip a little, but who cares about that. If we can get a respectable run game going with what I think should be an elite passing game if everyone stays healthy, our offense can be deadly.

It's gonna have to be. If we're gonna do anything this year our offense is going to have to carry this team, bc I'm very skeptical about our defense. I'll be happy with a middle of the pack defense this year.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I wouldn't get too excited about our UDFA CB.
You LOVED EJ Underwood
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
You LOVED EJ Underwood
I did. I remember thinking he was gonna be a stud. I was furious when he wouldn't see the field too haha
Old 06-03-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We always get attached to these no name players. It's fun to pick someone and hope they make it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think my latest crush was Mitch Petrus. I swore he was gonna be a stud. Then he regressed and regressed and couldn't pass protect at all and was cut.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm still confused by Petrus. Monster run blocking but then he just became useless at doing both. I don't get it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-03-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I remember last year there was an uproar when we released some scrub WR. I forgot his name. But he clearly hasn't done squat since he left.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

There was no uproar but it's David Douglas. Reese messed that up along with exposing Ballard to waivers. 2 roster mess ups.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-03-2013, 09:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I agree that we screwed up letting Ballard get scooped up but how was Douglas a bad move?

In hindsight, keeping Beckum over him was the right call.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

How was keeping Beckum over a potential good WR the right call? He was always hurt and even when healthy he just sucked. I don't see it as a good call.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-03-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Bc the guy wasn't a good WR, plus Beckum was able to come in and play snaps for us bc of his understanding of the playbook. He was much more dependable out there. We had no use for Douglas, he would never see the field. Beckum provided more for us for the 2012 season bc he would be able to contribute more.

The only way this would wind up being a bad move was if Douglas panned out. But so far he didn't. In hindsight it was the right move by us.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Dammit man. If we just got past the Pacers, we definitely would have beaten the Heat man.

Such a blown opportunity. </3

Still rooting hard for the Pacers tonight though.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Bc the guy wasn't a good WR, plus Beckum was able to come in and play snaps for us bc of his understanding of the playbook. He was much more dependable out there. We had no use for Douglas, he would never see the field. Beckum provided more for us for the 2012 season bc he would be able to contribute more.

The only way this would wind up being a bad move was if Douglas panned out. But so far he didn't. In hindsight it was the right move by us.
We have no idea if he's going to be a good player or not. He was only a rookie.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-03-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dammit man. If we just got past the Pacers, we definitely would have beaten the Heat man.

Such a blown opportunity. </3

Still rooting hard for the Pacers tonight though.
Haha, no, no we would not. Heat are struggling because Indiana is pretty much their worst match up possible with two really tall, strong, big men.

We have Tyson Chandler, who isn't really dominant at anything, except defense when he's not injured. Which is not often.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha, no, no we would not. Heat are struggling because Indiana is pretty much their worst match up possible with two really tall, strong, big men.

We have Tyson Chandler, who isn't really dominant at anything, except defense when he's not injured. Which is not often.
Stop being a ***** bro!

We would have won! They can't rebound and Wade and Bosh are completely useless right now.

Btw remember when i was getting killed during the regular season for saying that the Heat weren't some god like team who's unbeatable bc they're small, can't defend the paint and can't rebound? Yeah.

We had it man. We had it. Chandler is such a douche. If he didn't play so soft after his neck injury we beat the Pacers and the Heat.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

What's this crap about Cruz wanting a reality tv show? First roc nation, now reality tv. I don't like it. He's going hollywood.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stop being a ***** bro!

We would have won! They can't rebound and Wade and Bosh are completely useless right now.

Btw remember when i was getting killed during the regular season for saying that the Heat weren't some god like team who's unbeatable bc they're small, can't defend the paint and can't rebound? Yeah.

We had it man. We had it. Chandler is such a douche. If he didn't play so soft after his neck injury we beat the Pacers and the Heat.
Stop being delusional. Bosh/Wade playing well or not, LeBron is still x10 better than Melo. And I've never said they were a godlike team. In fact, I said the Heat probably got terrible luck when they got the Pacers instead of us because they were one of the only real teams that could challenge them because of their great big men.

Size of your front court doesn't = success. It's about having guys WITH size who happen to be damn good players too. Hibbert has been very consistent offensively all series, which is rare for him. That's been the difference. He's dominant defensively but his offense is inconsistent. This series he's been consistent and that's been the difference maker.

We got crushed by the Pacers. The Heat would have crushed us too. Don't kid yourself.

Also thank goodness Kidd is retiring. Couldn't stand him as a person, but also he's a ****** player so it is nice to see him go.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I need a new hashtag for next year. Any suggestions?

#YearOfTheKnick?

#KnickRedemption?

#MeloTeabaggingSnowflakeIn2014?

#AllBusiness.AllKnicks.AllIn?
Old 06-03-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

#TheNBASucks

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-03-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't know how you guys watch baseball bro. I tried giving it a chance, I just can't do it. It's just too slow.

I'm gonna try to pay more attention to soccer. My team was AC Milan when I would regularly pay attention (Donadoni!) but I haven't kept up in awhile.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD don't you know all of the football hipsters are pretending to watch the BuLi now? Serie A has been so over for a long time now.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know how you guys watch baseball bro. I tried giving it a chance, I just can't do it. It's just too slow.

I'm gonna try to pay more attention to soccer. My team was AC Milan when I would regularly pay attention (Donadoni!) but I haven't kept up in awhile.
The NBA is too fast. Why should I care about a 3 pointer in the first quarter when the game is going to be 115-112?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah but if I'm gonna watch again I can't abandon my team! That was my team back in the day, I gotta root for them again if I'm gonna watch again.