Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-01-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Jags fans are rellishing in this. They say they don't care about Tebow but all they do on Twitter is take cheap shots at the guy. Tebow has more wins in nine starts than the Jags have had in two years. But yeah keep thinking he wouldn't make the team better than Blaine Gabbert.
Because he wouldn't make them any better. He wouldn't make them much worse either but certainly not any better.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I completely disagree with this statement. If Tebow decided that he wanted to become a TE/HB there would be a dozen teams ready to give him a tryout tomorrow.
It's hard to say because there really hasn't been a player like Tim Tebow in the fact that he was so popular without being good. There have been bad popular players before, but none of them were anywhere near the top 10 most popular players.

--------

As far as the OP is concerned, I don't think anyone in the Tebow camp will admit he is done until he spends a year on the street and training camp rolls around again and there is very little to no interest in him. (so, see me in September 2014 for his retirement speech).

As far as how big of an impact the media has, at least one team (the Patriots) have privately said no thanks because of it. The Pats had to be one of the top fits for him because of McDaniels, the offense, and Tom Brady (as well as his age). However, NE isn't going to invest into a guy that they pretty well handled (they like guys that cause them trouble, not ones they beat up on). Especially not ones that carry his media presence.

I still contend the team that makes the most sense is the Saints. He wouldn't do much for a while, but sitting around Brees (and his dedication to perfection of his mechanics) and having an offensive genius like Sean Payton coaching him would have to be the best situation to be in.

Last edited by descendency : 06-01-2013 at 05:14 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Tim Tebow WAS the reason Florida won a NC when he was a starter. Their defense was good but it wasn't beastly. Let's not even bring up his college career because he was a GREAT college QB. So were ALex Smith and Kellen Moore. It really doesn't have anything to do with the present discussion.

Let's pretend the Giants brought in Tebow to fill the 3rd QB spot on the roster.
Their defense was a very good defense. Their OL was really good. Their skill position players were really good. That 07 Florida team could outclass a lot of teams at literally every position (especially including QB).

As far as the Giants are concerned, it would never happen. Tom Coughlin isn't bringing in someone that could bring in more media. He just isn't interested. I understand what you are getting at and most players would go with exactly that situation.

As far as Eli being questioned in the media... lol. Eli is questioned every year despite being a driving force to 2 Super Bowls. His regular season performances have been bad at times. And that's all it will take for Tebow chants in NYC (New Jersey...). There are just a lot of places that aren't interested because of the media. The Colts, for example, have an obvious QB for 10+ years. There is no reason to believe Tim would ever start in front of Andrew Luck. So, grabbing him and training him (and then trading him once he's developed) would seem like a good strategy. But Indy isn't going to do it. They just don't want the circus.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is silly. Tebow makes perfect read-progressions. I mean lets use the following play as an example.

First and foremost to the guys saying the popcorn vendor was open you clearly didn't see the pregnant woman waiting to pounce on the throw. The guy in 13C was open but the window closed quickly when the guy in 12B pulled out the foam finger. Lastly Tebow found his target in 21D. Hard to complain aside from the officials incorrectly ruling that the stands are "out of bounds". NFL is just ridiculous ruling that the playing surface is the grassy area. Just trying to keep Tebow down.

Tebownites do Timmy a favor. Stop it. Don't do billboards. Don't scream and moan about him not getting a shot. Let him fade into obsurity and perhaps after a year or two E!, I mean ESPN, will find something else to report about and he can go back to competing for a 2nd/3rd string QB role while potentially switching positions.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
He'll probably go to Canada and win the Grey Cup on an annual basis while throwing for 52% and rushing for 25 touchdowns every year.
That's like...the opposite of how Canadian football works. It's basically impossible to rush your way to a win with those rules.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post

point to a SINGLE improvement he made in his game in his entire time in the nfl. just one. point to a single thing he didn't do demonstrably worse than he did in college. can't? awesome, then let's stop acting like anything i said is untrue just because i'm some guy on a message board.

i actually watched the guy. i don't "hate" him, though i appreciate the attempt to shoot the messenger rather than address the message. i also appreciate the attempt to ignore nfl personnel people saying the exact same thing i've been saying for two years because it doesn't fit your personal narrative of why the guy is really a great quarterback if only everyone would leave him alone and give him infinite chances. i appreciate the fact that you think elway dumped him because he was pissed off that tebow fans (NOT denver fans) wanted tebow to supplant a qb the year BEFORE elway was even hired.

it's endlessly clear that you have no idea what you're talking about, and are caught up in the endless box score analysis, and bizarre belief that tebow just HAS to be better than some other nfl qbs, well, like, because he IS. in the spirit of the inane "hate" crap, please, keep pumping those pompoms. no doubt tim appreciates your limitless support and absolute unwillingness to objectively view any evidence whatsoever.
Proofread your drivel before you hit Enter.
Taking as gospel the unattributed opinions of nameless NFL personnel people is juvenile and flawed. Secondly there isn't enough of a sample size of starts for Tebow with the Jets to claim either way if he's improved or regressed as a signal caller. Most people would assume he's the same player he was in Denver, since as THE last option for the Jets, he never got practice reps.

When someone jumps into whatever convo about Tebow is occurring at the moment not to offer opinion or analysis but for the vicarious thrill of pile-jumping on the guy, yeah it does sound like you have some personal hostility towards him, for whatever reason.

Read most of the posts in this thread, even guys who think Tebow sucks as a QB don't come across with the animus that you do. It's not really personal for them they just don't think he can play QB in the NFL.

Who on this board said Tebow was potentially a 'great' NFL QB??lol Don't make crap up to sell the garbage you're shoveling.

I heard the chants from the fans at Mile High, sorry but those were Denver fans who wanted to see Tebow on the field over Orton. You don't get to decide someone's fandom because they root for a player you loathe. Orton won 4 games in 18 starts for Denver, why shouldn't fans have wanted him replaced??

The 'worst QB in the NFL' doesn't go 7-4 and beat the Steelers in the playoffs. Yeah I'm reading box scores; Wins. Somehow a guy who can barely complete 1 out of every two passes throws and knows a fraction of the playbook was able to play through his endless errors and make enough plays to beat teams in the 4th quarter.

Attempting to forget the entire 2011 season for the Broncos doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post

point to a SINGLE improvement he made in his game in his entire time in the nfl. just one. point to a single thing he didn't do demonstrably worse than he did in college. can't? awesome, then let's stop acting like anything i said is untrue just because i'm some guy on a message board.
I liked Tebow coming out of college, and I've been personally a little frustrated by the way he's been used his first few years in the NFL, but this increasingly what I'm seeing, too. He just isn't getting any better at anything - at least that anyone has seen. All he needs to be, with his skillset, is a competent passer, and he's not that, and he hasn't shown that he can be. He might even be able to win his own way, playing sandlot football, but that would be asking the team to basically not-practice. I mean, there just wouldn't be a point to installing any other kind of offense than one where the team lines up and gives Tim the option of handing off, keeping it or throwing to a receiver running some simple route. A team basically, at this point, has to be comfortable making a "leap of faith" in Tebow, because he just doesn't look like he can play quarterback. It's not like he's simply inaccurate; he looked confused all the time, he held onto the ball way too long, he was fumble-prone, etc. The game looked too fast for him to react to, and especially when Denver got down significantly, there just wasn't really any hope of rallying, because he can't throw it well enough, and that alone basically means no team is going to be willing to give him control of the offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
That's like...the opposite of how Canadian football works. It's basically impossible to rush your way to a win with those rules.
Mostly joking, but Doug Flutie averaged almost 600 rushing yards and 8 TDs a season over his 8 years there, so there's a precedent for mobile QBs having success running with the football.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Tebow may be the only quarterback to have thrown a pass that could have easily been picked off by three different players.

Now I really want to bring back my Timmy crying sig.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If his name wasn't Tebow, he wouldn't have one supporter. Not one. He is awful at QB. There really is nothing to debate here.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Tebow may be the only quarterback to have thrown a pass that could have easily been picked off by three different players.

Now I really want to bring back my Timmy crying sig.
You can't even tell who he's trying to throw it to.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
I've seen both images a ton and just realized that I don't even see a jets WR in either image.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
If his name wasn't Tebow, he wouldn't have one supporter. Not one. He is awful at QB. There really is nothing to debate here.
I actually thought the opposite. If you took away his name, there would definitely be a coach who is as arrogant as McDaniels was and would think they could be the guy to fix him. And I think fans would support that, in a way.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Mostly joking, but Doug Flutie averaged almost 600 rushing yards and 8 TDs a season over his 8 years there, so there's a precedent for mobile QBs having success running with the football.
He was passing for 5000-6500 yards per season at completion rates that Timmy could never dream of. He had at least 650 passing attempts per season in those years. That tiny bit of running wasn't a factor, it was incidental...those weren't running plays; they were broken pass plays where Flutie took what he could get. Also, kep in mind that 600 CFL yards = like 300 NFL yards as far as total offense goes.

There's not really anywhere Tebow could be a successful pro QB. The NFL is the league with the rule book that offers the best fit for his skill set, and he's not good enough to pull it off. Even Arena League rules would cripple him.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, those are amazing. When I get home from work, I'm gonna check the play-by-plays on football reference and see if they were able to figure out who he was targeting.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tebow ******* sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He'll probably go to Canada and win the Grey Cup on an annual basis while throwing for 52% and rushing for 25 touchdowns every year.
i was thinking along the lines of this. Hed probably dominate in canada
Old 06-02-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on Tebow, just transition to H-Back.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
This doesn't make any sense. The only reason the name Tebow warrants support is because he was one of the best college players of the decade. It's not like people are attracted to his name for no reason.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
There has to be some explanation as to why they do the things they do in Jet land. Sabotaging Tebow is as plausible as any other reason other than gross incompetence.
Hey now Tebow costs the Jets a 4th round pick...he sabotaged us right from the get go by choosing the Jets over Jacksonville :(

John Elway gave Mr T. the soap in that trade...lol
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Except canada is like 90% throwing which he can't do.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
He'll get running stats, but not that many wins in Canada. For starters, the CFL is a passing driven league. Secondly, the average score in a CFL game is >40.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:54 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

THere are a lot of slow corners in the CFL, huge passing windows and Tebow might have the strongest arm in that league.

Much of Tebow's throwing problems are mechanical; lousy footwork and set up and the hitch when he throws.
I'd assume any team that brought Tebow in if he were eyed as a starter would tweak their offense to run a lot of spread option.
I think Tebow would probably throw his share of picks but he'd put the ball in the endzone too.

If he doesn't go to the CFL his pro football career really will flatline.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 06-04-2013 at 07:10 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
This doesn't make any sense. The only reason the name Tebow warrants support is because he was one of the best college players of the decade. It's not like people are attracted to his name for no reason.
That and the fact that the last time he got meaninful PT he took a team to the playoffs.

He's not good in the traditional sense for the position but i'm having a real hard time believing he isn't one of the best 96 QBs in the league. More the case that teams just don't want the baggage that goes with having him on the team. (mostly media attention by the way).
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
If he doesn't go to the CFL his pro football career really will flatline.
Unless an Arena League team signed him solely for ticket sales he would be screwed if not NFL or CFL team gives him a chance. I suppose the UFL could get its **** together and try a 2013 season and he could play there.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
That and the fact that the last time he got meaninful PT he took a team to the playoffs.

He's not good in the traditional sense for the position but i'm having a real hard time believing he isn't one of the best 96 QBs in the league. More the case that teams just don't want the baggage that goes with having him on the team. (mostly media attention by the way).
96? How many teams still carry 3 QBs? I think most teams have figured out that the roster spot is better used elsewhere, especially since the emergency QB rule was changed.

And when you only have 2 QBs, your backup needs to be able to run your offense. You don't want to be switching to a Tebow friendly offense mid-game.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote