Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-03-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah baseball is a dying sport it seems. Most people think it's too slow but there is nothing better to me than going home and watching a game. I understand people not enjoying it.

Baseball, Football(NFL & College), and Soccer are my 3 favorites to watch. I got more into the NHL this year but that and the NBA are behind.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
The NBA is too fast. Why should I care about a 3 pointer in the first quarter when the game is going to be 115-112?
But to counter that argument, why should I care about game 20 in a 160 game season?

That's my main issue with baseball. Playoff baseball is great. But man the regular season is just too boring bc it's too long and slow of a game. Half the time the stadium is empty and there's no atmosphere to get your adrenaline going.

I just can't get into it.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
But to counter that argument, why should I care about game 20 in a 160 game season?

That's my main issue with baseball. Playoff baseball is great. But man the regular season is just too boring bc it's too long and slow of a game. Half the time the stadium is empty and there's no atmosphere to get your adrenaline going.

I just can't get into it.
All the seasons are probably too long by 25%. Except for the NFL of course.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think baseball's season is more than 25% long. But I'm not a fan of the sport so I'm not really entitled to have an opinion on it.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah but if I'm gonna watch again I can't abandon my team! That was my team back in the day, I gotta root for them again if I'm gonna watch again.
But BBD, Milan are a scum team bankrolled by scummy Berlusconi, the germans do things the right way and are flourishing because they are well run financially, they develop and cycle through young talent like an NFL team, our fans not only actually go to games, unlike the italians, but are also the best in the world, and our tactics are modern, creative and open, while italy's are archaic, boring and slow. You can correct your mistake this time and follow a league you won't abandon.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 06-03-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like baseball, football, and basketball. Odd combination, sort of. A lot of time NBA and MLB don't mix well. I like the MLB because the season is long. It would be nicer if was shortened a bit, but when you watch the team almost every day for almost half the year it's like being on a journey. You know these players and people so well it's like you're there experiencing every high and low with the team.

The NBA is just fun. Probably because basketball is something that was big in my childhood, as it is with many. It's easy to pick up and play basketball. It's something we can relate to because most people play it and most people can afford to play it. Plus it's not like baseball, where you need a league or like..15 plus people to play with some reasonable success. Same with football.

But it just shows how awesome the NFL is. Now, granted, if they could I'm sure they'd have a 50 game season, but clearly the players could never survive that. Still, it's the fact that EVERY quarter matters. Every game matters. Every little thing you do matters to how successful your season is.

In the NFL, everyone has a chance. We see terrible teams turn it around in one season. That doesn't usually happen in other sports very frequently.

I've never really been able to get into soccer or hockey though. I know it's crappy but the lack of scoring is just so meh to me. Plus as sports I feel as if they're not as precise. Passes regularly miss their target. Scoring attempts miss their target the vast majority of the time. It's hard for me to get into it.

I do want to get more into soccer, though. I love watching the World Cup.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
But BBD, Milan are a scum team bankrolled by scummy Berlusconi, the germans do things the right way and are flourishing because they are well run financially, they develop and cycle through young talent like an NFL team, our fans not only actually go to games, unlike the italians, but are also the best in the world, and our tactics are modern, creative and open, while italy's are archaic, boring and slow. You can correct your mistake this time and follow a league you won't abandon.
It's harder to follow than the EPL. Is the Bundesliga going to jump on with Fox Soccer now that the EPL is with NBC.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're getting rid of Fox Soccer. It's just going to be part of Fox Sports now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-03-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
They're getting rid of Fox Soccer. It's just going to be part of Fox Sports now.
I did know that, but forgot. I think it's called Fox 1 or something.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Right. I think the plan for them is to have Fox Sports 1, 2, and 3.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-03-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Well Fox 1 better be on my current direct tv package when it debuts.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

You end up going to the game yesterday?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-03-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing is really concrete, but with the all german CL final and pep taking over that treble winning Bayern side, there's a lot of rumors about there being a massive increase interest for BuLi action in foreign markets. So we'll see what that means. For what it's worth ESPN 2 did just air the DFB Cup final and with the NT jumping on the america tour bandwagon they are legitimately expanding the brand.

Still though, the german clubs are more focused on establishing themselves in asia as that's usually where they go when they decide to travel for summer friendlies.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 06-03-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I actually did randomly catch the final on Saturday while flipping through the channels. Got pretty exciting there at the end.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

And stuttgart putting in a great effort made it a very entertaining game to watch despite Bayern's dominance. The BuLi's a very fun league follow right now and it's a league still in its upswing. Dortmund are just getting out of the clouds of their debt, Schalke have quite the collection of brilliant youngstars going if they can just settle on a coach, historic sides like Gladbach and Hamburg are getting back to european class, and of the plastic clubs leverkusen have been doing an alright job of developing their team, but they've gotta start keeping their most promising youngsters for longer.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-03-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Yeah but if I'm gonna watch again I can't abandon my team! That was my team back in the day, I gotta root for them again if I'm gonna watch again.
By the way. AC Milan will play one of Chelsea or Inter Milan at Giants Stadium on August 4th.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I might have to go to that game. I haven't been to a soccer game in awhile.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I've been to a few Chelsea games and a USA/Brazil friendly. All good times.

Probably going to 100% do the Chelsea game if I can get a good tailgate in.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-03-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh lord make a new soccer thread to go along with the Rutgers, Knicks, and Mets.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

you'd love soccer NYG.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-03-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Juventus, but this way we can keep this football thread clear. I mean we have different ones for every other team.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ehh it's the offseason. We've been talking about everything lately.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-03-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, yeah. We talk about a lot of different things in the offseason. We'll kick it in gear like always for football season.

I'm hoping to go to the Carolina/Giants game this season. Panther stadium is like 30 minutes away from me.

It sucks not being able to see most of the pre-season games down south. I love watching them. I'm just happy we get televised nationally soooo much. I get like 12+ regular season games a year down south because of it. I'm sure after I move into a real house somewhere when I'm done with college I'll just get a package to try and get more games. Maybe the coaching rewind? DirecTV package is a rip off.

If they offered a deal where you could get just one teams games for like $80 I would do that in a heart beat.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Just go out to a bar for the 4 or 5 games that aren't national?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-03-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Just go out to a bar for the 4 or 5 games that aren't national?
Haha, I've done that before for a few games. They just put in a Buffalo Wild Wings near where I live so it's definitely an option.

Not always easy to get to the bars though as I usually work a bit on Sunday.