Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
I think it's tough to classify players (especially QB's) through the Era's. Too many differences in the way the game was played, rules, and size, speed, and strength of the guys played against/with. The SB is also another thing that skews the QB debate. I'm a firm believer that it's a team accolade that tends to have a good QB on the team, instead of judging QB's with a huge curve to how many championships won. After all only one QB per year can win a championship and if they play on a crap team there is only so far they can take them. And if that's a true indictment of how good a QB truly is then Otto Graham would be the GOAT and it wouldn't be close. It would also mean that Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer are better than Marino which is as laughable as thinking Big Ben and Eli are better than Peyton. I couldn't imagine how many rings Peyton would have if he was drafted by the Steelers or any other team with a great D. Also the 'any given Sunday' term doesn't go away on SB Sunday, so the better QB or team doesn't win every time.

So with all that said I think Marino is one of the best to ever play the position. Where he would rank for me is top 10, but not sure where in the top 10 because there were a lot of great QB's and I really can't come up with an appropriate approach as to where they truly should go. He's definitely one of the GOAT and it looks like that is something everyone can agree on.
Great Post!! I agree with everything you said!
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is an article I ran across that goes back to what I was pointing out with Manning's first year in Denver being very impressive in the sense that 100% of what he was dealing with was new... unlike Brady that has a new receiver or two every couple years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--de...023543270.html

"On a metaphorical level, Manning might as well have been considered for Rookie of the Year honors, too. Not since his initial NFL campaign with the Indianapolis Colts, who selected him first in the 1998 draft and released him following his lost 2011 season, had the future first-ballot Hall of Famer felt so burdened and unsettled. "
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Was looking back at the recent NFL record books, QBs..... Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Brees.......

To be honest, I don't think any of them compare to this season.

The previous record was 36 for a season. Marino put up 48 on the board.
Do the math.... that's like shattering it, by 33% right?

This is a really cool video clip from 1984 for any oldies who might remember some of it, and all the youngsters who never got to see him, just saw some highlights. Take a look......... Well worth your time.

Lost in the shuffle, youngsters, watch some film here of the best pure passer in NFL history. Just watch.