Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-24-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Gerris Wilkinson/Chase Blackburn/Kawika Mitchell

Who do you think is gonna end up landing a starting spot out of these 3 guys? Whether it be one or 2 of them.

Imo, Blackburn is gonna win the Strongside LB in the pre-season. I have been thinking about it a lot recently. he has very fast 10 yard speed. He also makes things happen when he's out there.

I think that Blackburn is gonna be our SAM. He is big, strong and physical with a nice initial burst.

Plus the coaches seem to like him as well. He played a lot in the last 3 games or so, and Wilkinson didnt even make the postseason roster....

And I think were gonna draft a guy like Poz who can start at WILL immediately
Old 04-24-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chase cannot be SAM. He does not have the coverage ability to cover TEs. Theres no way he plays SAM.

He's either a MIKE, or a WILL, where he can play in space.

No one knows whats gonna happen right now. Our LB situation is very confusing. We'll get more answers on Saturday.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Mitchell will start at one of the OLB spots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my dream is that we draft Revis round one(if he falls) and start chase and gerris outside. Gerris is very athletic and should be a pretty good LB in coverage- but mitchell and gerris will most likely start, unless we go LB round 1 and wow... BBD is right our LB situation is confusing, and then imagine if we somehow signed al wilson and then... ow, my head hurts thinking about it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blackburn is definetly deserving of a starting role now that LaVar and Emmons were cut.
________
COLD CASE FORUMS

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 05-10-2011 at 08:19 PM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Blackburn is definetly deserving of a starting role now that LaVar and Emmons were cut.
i deserved a starting role at LB when emmons wasnt cut
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What makes you think that Blackburn cant play SAM? He can cover well enough imo.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
What makes you think that Blackburn cant play SAM? He can cover well enough imo.
You mustve saw a different Chase than I did then. Because Chase cannot cover.

He's decent when playing an intermediate zone or chasing Rbs out of the backfield, but theres no way in hell he can keep up in man coverage with an athletic TE. No way.

If he adjusts his body weight and works out this TC, then maybe. Who knows. He got HUGE this past offseason. For him to make the transition outside, he would need to shed some weight and work on his hips. But right here right now, he's either a MIKE or WILL. No way, shape or form can he play SAM at his current state.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chase will definenty not be a starter at SAM at this point. He has very limited man cover ability and going up against guys like Jason Witten, Chris Cooley, and countless other great tightends.

I think Kawika will likely be the starter at SAM unless we pick up someone in the draft who play that posisition better. Otherwise, I see Wilkinson starting at WILL for us. I really like Wilkinson and think he might turn out to be a really good draft pick. Remains to be seen though. Chase might share time with Wilkinson, and barring any injuries, I don't see him starting this year.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we drafted Beason what would he play for us?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

chase has pretty good hands for a LB, but i doubt he can cover TE's, especially guys in our division ith cooley, witten and even smith. even if he doesnt start, he'll comein as a sub, and i wouldnt be surprised to jump a swing pass to say a RB and pick it off. this is pretty off, but i kinda compare him to Zach Thomas. both incredile hard workers, great motor and energy, not the fastest or most athletic LB, but can still amke plays, although i think thomas has made just a few more big plays than chase :)
Quote:
Old 04-24-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Chase is not a SAM...Id be very shocked to see him make the transition.

He's actually a pure MIKE. He can fit in at WILL, but hes a pure MIKE.

The whole LB thing confuses me.

BC, we can only get a WILL in this draft, unless we go Bradley later, or get Poz and move him at SAM.

My thing is....why draft a WILL when we have Chase and Wilk? Thats dumb. We can't give up on Wilk after one season.

Thats why the only LB I want right now is Poz. Or Bradley.

Why get a WILL when we have 2 guys who can play that position already?
Old 04-24-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Weak outside LB probably, but Kawika Mitchell will probably win the starting job, veteran experience and starting experience, also his stats from previous years are higher than average so I think he'll be the best at the beginning of the season. If we don't draft a LB in the first or second we won't have a WIL starter out of the draft so I think Wilkinson is the best starter there. I like the Idea of drafting down and getting Beason or Timmons because they both have great potential, and are both tackling machines. Beason also can play all three LB positions.
If we do this:
SAM-Mitchell/Kiwanuka(pass rusher)
MIKE-Pierce and spell with Blackburn sometimes
WILL-Beason/Wilkinson or Earl Everette if selected in 3rd or 4th

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 04-24-2007 at 04:17 PM.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
His natural posistion would be WILL, but it's hard to say considering Wilkinson is apparently considered the likely starter there. However, it's impossible to know how the coaching staff thinks of him.

I definently wouldn't want Beason playing SAM for us this year. Of the first round linebackers, I think the only player who could really be a starter for us at SAM would be Lawrence Timmons. Paul Posluszny isn't good enough in coverage or fast enough in coverage in my opinion to be a SAM.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
His natural posistion would be WILL, but it's hard to say considering Wilkinson is apparently considered the likely starter there. However, it's impossible to know how the coaching staff thinks of him.

I definently wouldn't want Beason playing SAM for us this year. Of the first round linebackers, I think the only player who could really be a starter for us at SAM would be Lawrence Timmons. Paul Posluszny isn't good enough in coverage or fast enough in coverage in my opinion to be a SAM.
Yea he lost his speed after blowing his knee out, I don't want the giants to take him, but he is a great player. Timmons could be our SAM, but Mitchell would probably start at first. Also he only had 1 year at FSU as a starter.
Scott Wright on Beason

Began his career as a fullback...Also participated on the indoor track team in the spring of 2006...Best suited for the weakside at the next level but could also play the middle in certain schemes...Could be the next in a long line of great Hurricane linebackers such as Ray Lewis, Jonathan Vilma and D.J. Williams...Has just about everything you look for except height and can be a three down player in the pros.

So he has hands, cause FBs usually get some balls thrown to them at the U, and will be a WIL in our scheme, Height can't be fixed but Ray Lewis is only 6-1, and he's headed to the Hall of fame.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote