Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-07-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Da **** outta here Rosie. This is America time.
We'll get him deported eventually. I call ICE every day....
Old 06-07-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
We'll get him deported eventually. I call ICE every day....
You can keep trying, you're certainly not the only one, but I'll have my US citizenship in a couple years and then you won't even be able to deport me muhahahahaha

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fischer is going to be filthy.
Him and Hjolberg will be so nasty that Eriksen's lack of a killer ball won't matter, especially with how well all 3 of those strikers are playing right now.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 06-07-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I prefer German talk over discussion of the silly English.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I prefer German talk over discussion of the silly English.
Well yeah, but the point was 'merica.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I can't wait until the euros when the Belgians, Danes and Dutch are as big of threats to us as Spain, Italy and France.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-07-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
You can keep trying, you're certainly not the only one, but I'll have my US citizenship in a couple years and then you won't even be able to deport me muhahahahaha
Keep thinking that, Rosebud. I'm going to start my CIA application now so I get hired right around the time you think you're becoming official. You show up for your paper, meet me instead and you're on the slow boat to Kismayo.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Keep thinking that, Rosebud. I'm going to start my CIA application now so I get hired right around the time you think you're becoming official. You show up for your paper, meet me instead and you're on the slow boat to Kismayo.
FSB would never let that happen to me.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-07-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Rosie is really in Bflo then get to Allen asap
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Sorry McGee, I get in monday, and I've got the librarian's # for when I get there :-D

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-08-2013, 12:56 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BeIN Sport. Which nobody gets, so....pretty much.
I get it! :)

Last edited by comahan : 06-08-2013 at 12:59 AM.
comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:21 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jones and Welbeck are already first teamers for the seniors or legit squad players like Gotze, Ilkay, Kroos, Mueller and maybe Schurrle. But guys like Draxler, Ox and Rodwell I have no issue with going to tournaments like those. I'm more pissed about the other youngsters we didn't take like Goretzka, Parker, Leitner, Bittencourt, Younes, Esswein, Beister, etc. Goretzka's gunna be a star and if we weren't gunna have the wingers to let Volland go up top we could've put Parker there and let Volland/Herrmann bomb up the wings. Any of those other guys would've given us the AM depth to play Volland up top in front of Herrmann, Holtby and XXX.
Probably the case with Jones, but Welbeck saw his playing time decrease with Persie being brought in and finished the season with only 1 goal. That and the front 3 of Zaha, Ox and Welbeck could very well be our senior team 3 sooner rather than later. Them getting playing time together would've been nice.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can't wait until the euros when the Belgians, Danes and Dutch are as big of threats to us as Spain, Italy and France.
The Dutch have been a lesser threat then France?
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Damnit max, I needed a third historical rival with a large population to fill out the sentence so I reached on France since they've been more of a threat than England.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-08-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Dutch are always a threat, you didn't need to post them as an up-and-comer. They are always good.

You could have used Russia as an up-and-comer. They have a bunch of really talented youngsters coming up.

Although this isn't the first generation that had BIG expectations for Russia. They always find a way to underachieve.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

It was also about the geography of the rivals, rather than the top threats coming from the south of Germany they'll be coming from the Lowlands and Germany's northern peninsula. And that's kinda cool to me to see the belgians, dutch and danes all having such gifted generations coming through.

And while the Dutch are a traditional threat, they've been in a pretty heavy down period outside of the 2010 WC and the Sneijder, VanPersie, VanDerVaart generation have disappointed with the NT, I don't think they'll do too well in Rio unless one of their vets is finally able to dominate a tourney for the NT, but their young players will learn a lot from that.

As for Russia I very much agree, I really like a lot of the young talents, but I really worry that the RPL's issues with youth development will rear their heads again and spoil a number of these talents. That said I do think that the expansion of quality teams will help the top Russian talents develop more smoothly than previous generations. With Kokorin and Dzagoev already big stars and Cheryshev growing in Madrid's system, at least hte attacking talent will be strong. *shrug*

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 06-08-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

So while the game was a disaster there where some nice things for the future of russian football. Dzagoev was the star man of the russian offensive movements. In the first half he crafted a good half dozen dangerous moments for himself and his team-mates that could've become goals if the russians execution was sharper, including a shot he curled bitterly wide shortly before the dutch opener. In the second half he again was the man in the middle of things whenever the russians put an attack together. For their goal he won the ball back from the dutch defender, went wide where he passed it back and forth with the one man who'd already arrived, to create time for his other team-mates to rush forward and for him to survey the scene. As they moved the ball across to the other flank he snuck into the box to put a header off of the woodwork for Cheryshev to slam into the net. This kid is a star already and will be at the heart of russian football for the rest of this decade.

I thought Shatov also gave a good account of himself in this game, getting himself into attacking situations in a very shirokov-ian way the couple of times he pounced in from deeper to help create real danger out of the russian possession. Moving forward I'm starting to jump more and more on his bandwagon as a future key piece of the Russian NT if he can continue to improve his consistency in the final third and become a lethal and sneaky threat like the mercurial Zenit star.

Denis Cheryshev started against Spain and flashed his skill the handful of times he actually got the ball, unfortunately against spain he was very isolated and overmotivated to show himself. Here he came off the bench and did well, he looked much more comfortable playing off of a player like Dzagoev and showed that nose for goal that's seen him become Real's second team's second leading scorer, as he cleaned up Alan's header for the one russian goal. This kid is a big talent and has himself a good place to grow in Spain's second division, soon though he'll need to look for a loan to a bigger league that can further his development. I hope he follows the path Real used with Carvajal and are rumored to be considering for his team-mates Jese, and goes to the BuLi. He could grow a lot there as he takes the next step in his career and tries to join Dzagoev and Kokorin as russia's established young stars.

Yakovlev was very hit or miss today, again he flashed, and that's good from a young player but I'd really like to see him bring those flashes together and become a reliable threat before I raise my expectations above another Bystrov like solid NT winger, but no star. He did show some real creativity though, especially with that clever backheel to shatov, which gives me hope that he'll break out soon and force me to raise those expectations, but so far there's still a lot to work on before I start to get on board.

Smolov did alright, he was playing as the man leading the line and he made some striker decisions that I wasn't too happy with, but at the same time can't complain about too much either since that's what you want your striker doing. He wasn't too sloppy with his play when he wasn't looking for goal although he did seem rather anonymous to me.

His teenage replacement I did notice though and I liked what I saw, Panyukov's still very young so i expect a little less precision from him than the older players, but he fit right in showing some craftiness sometimes and then sloppiness the next. All in all I was more impressed with him than disappointed, and he is still so young so that if he grows well he could also be one who pushes into the Dzagoev / Kokorin tier of top young russian attacking talent.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-09-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oscar <3 <3

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a pretty sweet finish by Oscar. Brazil has been attacking really well, Sakho is having a hell of a game. Neymar missed a few good opportunities in the first half, it's been all Brazil.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't understand why so many here have such serious reservations about Brazil's quality. Hulk, Neymar, Coutinho, Oscar, Lucas Moura, Willian, Fernandinho, Alves, Marcelo, David Luiz, Silva, etc. etc. Now its certainly true that a lot of their players are still very young and inexperienced, but the talent is all there.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stay Classy Azteca.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Rich Coastian really needed to do something there. Now hurry up so I can get some 'Merica.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm, the America game is on TV here and they never show those games but I'll take it. Well good news people, America is undefeated when I watch them play, but that is all from beating Canada.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweet run by Bradley and awesome to see Jozy start to finish again!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Stay Classy Azteca.
That was disgusting.
I was at a sports bar for the games and couldn't hear... WTF was that about?
Who was the player getting pelted and does he have some history with Mexico?

Where are the USA haters now?

Also, all USA home games need to be in Seattle..... best soccer fans in America, BY FAR.