Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 06-06-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I read on him he was able to play all 3 LB positions in a 43 before the injury. Lets just hope he has something in the tank. Him and Brown should pair up well together.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting read about how bad Steve Bisciotti felt after the AFCCG loss to New England in 2011: http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...c-a70c211a2ced

Must say I felt the same way. Been a Ravens fan for about 13 years now, and no loss comes even close to feeling as bad as that one.
Just being real with you, I cried after the game was over. Could barely muster up the will to watch the Super Bowl, and I didnt completely get over it until we beat them in the playoffs this year.

Last edited by SunTzu_22 : 06-09-2013 at 01:18 PM.
SunTzu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The worst lost for me was the 2008 afc title game. That ranks so high because the last straw for us was when a moron special teamer decided to body slam a steeler into a ball boy after a punt. Its not like Evans chose to drop the pass, but Daren Stone chose to be a dirty player. That moved us from the steelers 46 to 14. I remember it like it was yesterday. Flacco went 4-4 on a drive and McGahee got a TD. Then we had a 3 and out on D then we got real good field position only for it to be ruined. I thought there was no way we would lose to the steelers 3 times in a season. I thought we were gonna lose to New England that year so it didnt really sting that much. Plus as I grow up and mature I was able to develop a "its just a game there is a lot of other stuff in the world to care about" philosophy.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vonta Leach will be cut or traded by tomorrow. This is a sad, sad day.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn. i mean it makes sense. 4.3 million dollar cap number for a fullback who we used progressively less with caldwell but still. hopefully we're able to trade him and get something back in return.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
The worst lost for me was the 2008 afc title game. That ranks so high because the last straw for us was when a moron special teamer decided to body slam a steeler into a ball boy after a punt. Its not like Evans chose to drop the pass, but Daren Stone chose to be a dirty player. That moved us from the steelers 46 to 14. I remember it like it was yesterday. Flacco went 4-4 on a drive and McGahee got a TD. Then we had a 3 and out on D then we got real good field position only for it to be ruined. I thought there was no way we would lose to the steelers 3 times in a season. I thought we were gonna lose to New England that year so it didnt really sting that much. Plus as I grow up and mature I was able to develop a "its just a game there is a lot of other stuff in the world to care about" philosophy.
Totally agree here.

I remember when we went 13-3 (first round bye) with Steve McNair as our QB and our defense played lights out all year only for us to lose to the damn Colts. They didn't even score a single TD. They beat us by kicked 5 FG's. That was the last time I cried after a Raven's loss.

Also, Vonta Leach is expect to be released or traded. Gonna miss him but I guess this is the direction that the league and the offenses these days are headed in.

Excited to see Kyle "Juice" from Harvard though.

link - http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,1026908.story
Old 06-10-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I wonder if this means we will trade for a wr now
Old 06-10-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That was a tough one for sure. Dont know, for me I guess there are two differences that made the one against the Pats worse for me personally. (Except for the way it happend.)
1: Ed Reed is my all time favourite player, and after that loss, I was pretty sure he would retire without a ring. Maybe it was just the hopelessness of the moment, but I couldnīt see us get that close again before his time was up, and that really stuck with me. When we lost to the Steelers, I was sure we would eventually get back to the AFCCG.
2: The opponent. The Patriots is by far the team I despise the most in the NFL. "Hate" is usually a word I save for people Ive actually met in person, but the Patriots are as close as it is possible. I despise everything about that franchise with the exception of Robert Kraft. I dont feel that way about the Steelers. Sure, they are our archrival, but I respect that franchise and how they go about their business. Im really splitting hairs here, but thats the difference for me.
Fully agree with you on the bolded part. Im usually pretty even keeled about sports, but the Patriots game just hurt me so bad.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Quote:
I wonder if this means we will trade for a wr now
Sad to see Leach go, but 4,3 mill is to big a number against the cap for a FB.
I wonder what kind of WR we would be able to land for a 3rd or 4th round pick.
Any ideas as to who could be possible targets?
Old 06-10-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ravens' salary-cap figure minus Vonta Leach is roughly $6.6 million available. Will take $1.203 million cap to sign first-rounder Matt Elam
For what it's worth cutting or trading Leach (well, a trade that doesn't bring back a player at least) opens up $3 million in cap space. So the Ravens will have a little over $5 million to work with. It'll be interesting to see what they do with it. My guess would be to bring in another receiver but they seem to like the young guys they have there so...?
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sucks to see Leach go. I just love his game, but his cap # and he doesnt fit as well in this offense. I wish we could just keep him for the year. I hope Harvard is ready to go. I doubt Leach is worth more than a 7th or so.

I'm not even sure who is available at WR. We need another solid guy but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Sucks to see Leach go. I just love his game, but his cap # and he doesnt fit as well in this offense. I wish we could just keep him for the year. I hope Harvard is ready to go. I doubt Leach is worth more than a 7th or so.

I'm not even sure who is available at WR. We need another solid guy but
I doubt a trade happens, but if it did, I'd expect it to be Leach for a player, and ideally a WR on a team that's crowded at the position.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

So apparently Suggs is healthy, has lost a lot of weight, and have looked great in the first couple of days of mini camp. Doom and Canty have looked really good, and Daryl Smith is taking snaps with the first team defense.
Even though its just mini camp, Im excited for our defense going forward.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
asham27
Rookie

asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Brian Billick, the highest grade he ever saw the Ravens place on a player for the draft was Jamarcus Russell
asham27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I've said before I'm really happy with how the defensive side of the ball has shaped up. Suggs getting back to form is just the cherry on top. My biggest concern now is the secondary (how Webb looks coming back, uncertainty about two ne starting safeties) but I'm fairly confident in that group too.

The offense really intrigues me too. In my opinion the release of Leach definitely signifies that Caldwell is implementing a new mentality/scheme on that side of the ball. I think it's a good thing. The bland style that we've seen from them the last few years (when Cameron was running things) didn't impress me. Of course there's a lot of questions now too.

I'm more optimistic about this upcoming season than any of them in the recent past. Even though the Ravens won the Superbowl I can't help but feel that all the change is a good thing.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Suggs looks very good. I'm shocked with how skinny he is. I just hope he isn't to skinny to play SAM. I assume he will be sam while dumervill plays wlb.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I don't think Dumervil is going to be a true starter. More of a rotational guy with Upshaw depending on the situation and/or team the Ravens are faced with. Pretty much the same way Kruger was used.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree but I think he will get more playing time then upshaw. Obviously in read option scenarios upshaw will get a lot more playing with how well he played the run last year.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Ehh maybe, if only for the probability that the defense will face more passing downs than running downs. But not enough for me to hope that Suggs has enough size to play SAM. I don't think that's going to be the case though. Suggs will probably be used in the same kind of role as he was a couple years ago and as long as he's in shape he brings the most value as a pass-rusher. That's what he should be doing for the most part. When there's a need for two pass-rushers Dumervil is obviously the first choice to be in opposite of Suggs but beyond that I think we see a fairly even split between him and Upshaw (maybe with SImon thrown in) in terms of snaps.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

We will see, Doom may very well be a better natural pass rusher then Suggs, and Suggs definetly has shown the run stuffing skills to play SAM. We will see it should be interesting. Regardless I am sure Upshaw will still get a fair share of time at OLB this year.

I wonder what McPhee playing time will look like next season. I love his hustle and attitude.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:53 AM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doom is going to be the starter for sure. I think him and Upshaw do maybe a 65-35% split on playing time. Suggs will be the SAM but I think Upshaw does a fair bit of rotating there as well. Its in our best interest to rotate Upshaw at both spots to get Doom and Suggs rest and keep them fresh for the passing downs.

Is anyone else really excited for our DL? Its a good mix of youth and vets. Ngata at NT should really help the run defense. I'm really excited for Brandon Williams as well. I think he can be a player. I completely have given up on Cody. For a guy who is only a run stopper, he can't stop the run. I think our DL & OLBs can really make our defense great again. I expect the ILB to be solid decent players.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 06-26-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Bernard Pierce got carjacked in Philly. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/94...-ok-carjacking
Old 06-26-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

I'm just glad he is okay. Its smarter to just let them take it and not get harmed. He can afford a new one if they didnt already recover it again.

I'm expecting some big things from Pierce this year. A steady rotation with him and Rice to keep them both fresh will be good. Rice has a crazy high amount of touches the past few years.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 06-26-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, glad Pierce is okay.

His emergence is huge. Especially since we'll probably be using Rice even more in the pass game with Boldin gone.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I'd expect to see Rice used a bit less with Caldwell at the helm instead of Cameron. I don't think he's going to be taken off the field that much though. The team is going to justify his contract by giving him a ton of touches whether they want to admit it or not. At least that's not a bad thing since it is Ray Rice we're talking about. :D