Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-10-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Trade Filp and sign Horton?
I want Nathan Horton on the Wings. Bickell is my No. 2 target for forwards.

Those two are basically two of the five best forwards on the upcoming market though, so good luck, Ken Holland.

Gotta think if Filppula isn't coming back, though, that the Wings will have no difficulty shelling out for a top 6 forward to replace him.

Mark Streit is my ideal defense acquisition, but with 8 defenders under contract next year, I won't be surprised if none are added this summer on the blue line.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I want Nathan Horton on the Wings. Bickell is my No. 2 target for forwards.

Those two are basically two of the five best forwards on the upcoming market though, so good luck, Ken Holland.

Gotta think if Filppula isn't coming back, though, that the Wings will have no difficulty shelling out for a top 6 forward to replace him.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Nobody's trading you a top 5 winger in his prime, a good d-man, and 2 first round picks in quite possibly the deepest draft since 2003 for Seth Jones.
Hey I'm still psyched for Seth and hope we don't trade out of the top 2 and lose out on him, but the good people of buffalo have far less issues with the trade, especially since most people I've talked to seem to believe Vanek is gone next summer in FA to a team not just starting their rebuild.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
not sure if disbelief... but from what i can tell here (and from rumored buyouts/trades), the wings are looking to be somewhere over $12m under the cap.

that said, it sounds like if holland's 'guy' isn't there, it'll be another offseason of signing no one. and with eight D's on the roster, it's unlikely we'll address the position. which is unfortunate, given that that means quincey will still be in the nhl next year.
Holland won't let Filppula leave and then not replace him with a Top 6 forward. Mike Babcock would quit if he has to play guys like Abdelkader and Cleary with Datsyuk and Zetterberg again next year.

Also, while 12 million or so isn't a ton of cap space, they essentially have a full roster's worth of players already under contract, so they can afford to add two higher price tag guys. Many other teams with about the same amount of cap space really need to be adding 5-6 players to fill out the team. That's key.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I know is that there have been spending expectations before.

Quote:
My wish list for the Red Wings:

- trade Jiri Hudler (either for draft picks or a defenseman)
- sign Jaromir Jagr
- sign Kevin Bieksa
- sign James Wisniewski
- sign a backup goalie (Marty Turco? Ty Conklin?)
- re-sign Jonathan Ericsson and Patrick Eaves (or Drew Miller)

They certainly have the cap space to make it happen.
Quote:
Aside from Suter AND Parise, this is a pretty reasonable idea of what I'd like to see for the Wings.

Ryan Suter
Jason Garrison or Matt Carle (yes, in addition to Suter)
Jaromir Jagr
Mikael Samuelsson
Scott Clemmensen
Quote:
The Wings are gonna be left standing with free agent cash overflowing from their pockets here. Second summer in a row.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
All I know is that there have been spending expectations before.
Man, you did some digging ...

I realize what has gone wrong in past offseasons, but I don't see the same mistake being made again, at least to the fault of Holland.

EDIT: Man, it really makes me hate my judgment if I at any time thought bringing back Mikael Samuelsson could be a good idea for Detroit, haha.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Oh I love looking through this thread.

If I knew anything, Tyler Myers would have multiple Norris trophies by now.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Hey I'm still psyched for Seth and hope we don't trade out of the top 2 and lose out on him, but the good people of buffalo have far less issues with the trade, especially since most people I've talked to seem to believe Vanek is gone next summer in FA to a team not just starting their rebuild.
No doubt they SHOULD think about trading Vanek. But that would be terrible value for the guy. And I love Seth Jones.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Xio, Brunner is a free agent. How much would you pay him per year? I also want Bickell and Horton, they need that size.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
whatever he wants. but i've had a weird crush on him and tootoo since the last month of the season.
If the buy out Samuelsson and Bertuzzi (who may also retire), they could offer Brunner plenty.

I'd try to sign Brunner to a 2-year deal for maybe 3 million per. I really have no idea what the market would bear for him and how eager he is to test free agency with other teams. Seems like he'd be quite comfortable and interested in staying in Detroit.

Up to $4 million/year doesn't seem excessive as long as he's not demanding a lengthy deal.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
those numbers sound fair. i was honestly figuring he'd get around $3m. but yeah, much rather bring him back and buy out samuelsson. i really figure bert retires, but stuff i've seen says the front office really liked his leadership, while he was hurt. i just feel like they'll try to keep him around one more year. i don't know that i like that, unless he's solely on the roster for shootouts.
If they like his leadership, do what the Reds did with Miguel Cairo this year.
Offer him a job as a coach if he chooses to retire. Keep him around the team.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
No doubt they SHOULD think about trading Vanek. But that would be terrible value for the guy. And I love Seth Jones.
Again, I don't disagree at all, but apparently sabres fans do, or at least a good chunk of the ones I've talked to about this so far.`

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:15 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Well, scoring is about to go way up across the CHL
Old 06-10-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
those numbers sound fair. i was honestly figuring he'd get around $3m. but yeah, much rather bring him back and buy out samuelsson. i really figure bert retires, but stuff i've seen says the front office really liked his leadership, while he was hurt. i just feel like they'll try to keep him around one more year. i don't know that i like that, unless he's solely on the roster for shootouts.
If they think Bert can be healthy, I'd have no problem keeping him and buying out Jordin Tootoo instead. Not like Tootoo will ever play when it matters in the playoffs.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sameulsson was such a waste of money and everyone saw it coming.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-11-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bryan bickell is this year's joel ward. and i bet his season next year will end up exactly like ward's did after he signed his FA contract.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
bryan bickell is this year's joel ward. and i bet his season next year will end up exactly like ward's did after he signed his FA contract.
What is your opinion on Clowe hitting the market?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-11-2013, 07:53 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
I love Bickell and have wanted him to perform like this ever since he was drafted. I wish the Hawks could keep him.

That said, he's going to get way overpaid and isn't worth the risk at this point. He's a had a great playoffs, but it's taken him 2 full seasons, 2 playoffs, and a shortened season playing pretty much invisible before finally showing some life. He might continue this level of play, but likely will drop off some and be pretty overpaid.

That said, I fully expect him to go to another team and whenever he faces the Hawks he destroys them.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I love Bickell and have wanted him to perform like this ever since he was drafted. I wish the Hawks could keep him.

That said, he's going to get way overpaid and isn't worth the risk at this point. He's a had a great playoffs, but it's taken him 2 full seasons, 2 playoffs, and a shortened season playing pretty much invisible before finally showing some life. He might continue this level of play, but likely will drop off some and be pretty overpaid.

That said, I fully expect him to go to another team and whenever he faces the Hawks he destroys them.
Out of all the role players the Hawks have let go over the past few years, Bickell is easily the worst in my opinion. Ladd is sooooo much better. It's amazing how many guys are going to make huge bucks off of simply playing with Toews/Kane/Hossa/Keith/Sharp
Old 06-11-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Out of all the role players the Hawks have let go over the past few years, Bickell is easily the worst in my opinion. Ladd is sooooo much better. It's amazing how many guys are going to make huge bucks off of simply playing with Toews/Kane/Hossa/Keith/Sharp
In hindsight, I would probably say you are correct. At the time they were let go, I would say Byfuglien was much worse. And I really don't know what Versteeg is doing with his life now, so I can't say anything about him.

But ya, if you are a big forward playing on a line with especially Kane or Hossa, and to a lesser extent Toews and Sharp, they are going to make you look amazing as long as you can skate.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I still think Buff is worse.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda like Dupuis/Kunitz who'll get way overpaid thanks to playing with Crosby/Malkin.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Ladd is much better than most guys in the league. He had some serious talent on display this year.

Some of these situations have a way of working out, though. I know he was still playing with a very good center, but I never would have expected Parenteau to lead a team in goal scoring. He did it on a reasonable contract, too.
[Yes I know his team is awful]

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 06-11-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL Burish.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I still think Buff is worse.
That's because he's a fatty now. If he were motivated, I think he'd be a lot better. Some reports had him sitting at 300 lbs this year. Dude was a freight train with the Hawks as a forward.

Last edited by djp : 06-11-2013 at 01:32 PM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote