Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-11-2013, 01:36 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
That's because he's a fatty now. If he were motivated, I think he'd be a lot better. Some reports had him sitting at 300 lbs this year. Dude was a freight train with the Hawks as a forward.
Ya, but he had little to no stick skills. Bickell may not be as big, but he's still a big boy and has better stick skills (albeit, still not amazing by any means).

All Buff could do was hit people and stand in front of the net. He was never going to succeed as a forward unless he had high level talent on the ice with him at the same time. Bickell can at least do some things on his own.

I would take Bickell every day of the week and twice on Sundays over Buff and never think twice about it.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Ya, but he had little to no stick skills. Bickell may not be as big, but he's still a big boy and has better stick skills (albeit, still not amazing by any means).

All Buff could do was hit people and stand in front of the net. He was never going to succeed as a forward unless he had high level talent on the ice with him at the same time. Bickell can at least do some things on his own.

I would take Bickell every day of the week and twice on Sundays over Buff and never think twice about it.
You seem to be forgetting that absolute howitzer of a slap shot that Buff has. Bickell is a better skater (and has better hands, but not by much like you said), but I'm not sure there's much difference between the two.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's because he's a fatty now. If he were motivated, I think he'd be a lot better. Some reports had him sitting at 300 lbs this year. Dude was a freight train with the Hawks as a forward.
Buff did the same thing as Bickell is right now to get any sort of contract. He was always not very motivated and everyone hated he wouldn't stand in front of the net. When he did they clowned the Canucks.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While we are on the subject, how bad was Cam Barker? Good god, giving up Leddy for him was a black mark that Chuck Fletcher will never be able to erase from his record. Barker had literally one skill, and that was a bomb of a clapper that wasn't even accurate. Couldn't skate, couldn't defend, couldn't hit, couldn't think. Not a good combo.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Sameulsson was such a waste of money and everyone saw it coming.
i read something recently that made it seem like holland was banking on him coming back next year. i'll be very upset if that happens.

terrible signing
Old 06-11-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
While we are on the subject, how bad was Cam Barker? Good god, giving up Leddy for him was a black mark that Chuck Fletcher will never be able to erase from his record. Barker had literally one skill, and that was a bomb of a clapper that wasn't even accurate. Couldn't skate, couldn't defend, couldn't hit, couldn't think. Not a good combo.
I remember some were pissed about the trade in Chicago. BUT LEDDY IS AWESOME. And now some want to let Leddy walk to insure they can sign Bickell. What is wrong with people?

Old 06-11-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Buff did the same thing as Bickell is right now to get any sort of contract. He was always not very motivated and everyone hated he wouldn't stand in front of the net. When he did they clowned the Canucks.
You guys honestly probably know better than me. One of my best friends is a huge Hawks fan, and we watched pretty much every game start to finish of that playoff run. I just remember Buff running around like a bowling ball knocking down pins on the forecheck so the talented players could cycle the puck around. Just thought he was pretty valuable during that run with his net presence/forechecking/physical play.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
You guys honestly probably know better than me. One of my best friends is a huge Hawks fan, and we watched pretty much every game start to finish of that playoff run. I just remember Buff running around like a bowling ball knocking down pins on the forecheck so the talented players could cycle the puck around. Just thought he was pretty valuable during that run with his net presence/forechecking/physical play.
He played to his potential in the playoffs. It is the same as Bickell is doing now, but the regular season Buff would just skate around waiting to shoot and trying to be Kane with no skill. Frustrating. He's a D man now right?

Old 06-11-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Ladd is much better than most guys in the league. He had some serious talent on display this year.

Some of these situations have a way of working out, though. I know he was still playing with a very good center, but I never would have expected Parenteau to lead a team in goal scoring. He did it on a reasonable contract, too.
[Yes I know his team is awful]
As awesome as JT is, Matty Duchene has kept pace with him every year he's been healthy and had a crafty winger like PAP, Mueller or Flash. So given how much Parenteau was already playing on a separate line from Tavares his final year with the Islanders, his production isn't too surprising next to Duchene.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I remember some were pissed about the trade in Chicago. BUT LEDDY IS AWESOME. And now some want to let Leddy walk to insure they can sign Bickell. What is wrong with people?
That'd be quite foolish. Chicago's entire game is based on transition, and Leddy is amazing in that regard. Incredible skater. I kicked the **** out of him in beer pong the year after he got drafted, though. So there's that.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That'd be quite foolish. Chicago's entire game is based on transition, and Leddy is amazing in that regard. Incredible skater. I kicked the **** out of him in beer pong the year after he got drafted, though. So there's that.
Yup, some people are arguing that the only times the Hawks have been successful is with a big power forward (Buff, Ladd?, and Bickell), and that Leddy can easily be replaced.

Because a 27 year old "power" forward that has shown up for 3 playoff series (while awesome) > a 22 year old puck moving defenseman that will probably lead the PP for years to come.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 06-11-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Only Karlsson has more points among defensemen the past three years, but he definitely is a guy that could stand to turn it on a lot more often. That comes down to laziness/conditioning for sure, which is a shame. 300 still seems like a biiiiiiiit of a stretch, though.

Quote:
Ha. Cam Barker. HA!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
What is your opinion on Clowe hitting the market?
he'll get overpaid. as much as i love the guy, he's not getting any faster and watching him with the rangers i really didn't see much of a difference in his play versus when he was with the sharks. if he gets paid like a 3rd liner, it would be a great deal, but he'll get paid $4 mil+ probably and he's just not worth it anymore. 2 years ago, yes; now, no.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

before the playoffs nobody would take bickell over byfuglien in their respective hawk days. small sample size and now everybody thinks he's a hero. byfuglien, when motivated (which bickell has the same issues), is a better forechecker, hitter, has a better slapshot, and i think they're about equal skating wise. the hawks would be smart to not pay bickell more than ~$2 mil. per and if he gets more than that then they easily let him walk.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:55 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

11 hours folks

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:15 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
11 hours folks
I don't feel good about this series at all. Chicago is a much faster team than Pitt, and much more solid defensively. We really need to rely on good 5x5 play, and unfortunately that is where they are at their best. Our offense wasn't clicking too well against Pitt and we relied too much on odd man rushes to generate points. We need production from every line or else we're in trouble.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:18 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two best teams in the league. Should be a good one.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I know what you're saying. Toronto is a very fast team that is not as good as Chicago, and we all know how that series went. The Blackhawks won't be as forgiving as the Leafs, either.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

I don't know what to think.

On one hand, Boston was as close as you can be to being eliminated by Toronto of all teams.

On the other, since that series they have been abusing everyone, including one of, if not THE favorite in Pittsburgh.

I don't know if Pittsburgh was just dead that series, or if Boston has just an incredibly hot goalie and amazing defense, or both. I am encouraged that relatively speaking, Boston's offense hasn't looked anything special. I don't know if Boston has the ability to play physical to take the Hawks off their game, while also playing with the skill to take advantage on offense like Detroit did.

Ultimately, I think this series is going to come down to 2 things:

1. How hot Rask really is and if he stays that way.
2. The Hawks ability to capitalize on power plays.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 06-12-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hawks in 7.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

I honestly have no idea who's going to win this series. I think it's gonna go 7 games. Both teams seem really evenly matched. If I had to pick, I'd probably take Boston.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both these teams are gross, but I'm thinking Boston in 6
Old 06-12-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I don't know what to think.

On one hand, Boston was as close as you can be to being eliminated by Toronto of all teams.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This beard is ******* glorious.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

5 on 3 for over a minute...1 shot on goal.

I hate our PP so much. :(

Edit: 2 shots on 3 PPs and counting.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 06-12-2013 at 08:44 PM.