Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-04-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully haha. If he goes out and dominates this year it puts us in an awkward situation. He'll demand a big contract, rightfully so, and we'll be weary of the back injury.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is some info on the procedure that JPP is having

Quote:

Microdiscetomy -JPP's procedure
old timer : 3:14 pm
A 1-2 centimeter longitudinal incision is made in the midline of the low back, directly over the area of the herniated disc. Special retractors and an operating microscope are used to allow the surgeon to visualize the region of the spine, with minimal or no cutting of the adjacent muscles and soft-tissues. After the retractor is in place, an x-ray is used to confirm that the appropriate disc is identified.

A few millimeters of bone of the superior lamina may be removed to fully visualize the disc herniation. The nerve root and neurologic structures are protected and carefully retracted, so that the herniated disc can be removed. Small dental-type instruments and biting/grasping instruments (such as a pituitary rongeur) are used to remove the protruding disc material. All surrounding areas are also checked to ensure no additional disc fragments are remaining.

Recovery.

Most patients are able to go home the same day or early the next day after surgery. Before patients go home, physical therapists and occupational therapists work with patients and instruct them on proper techniques of getting in and out of bed and walking independently. Patients are instructed to avoid bending at the waist, lifting (more than five pounds), and twisting in the early postoperative period (first 2-4 weeks) to avoid a strain injury or recurrent disc injury. Patients should try to avoid sitting in the same position for more than 45-60 minutes in the first few weeks after surgery.

Patients may return to light work duties as early as 1-2 weeks after surgery, depending on when the surgical pain has subsided. Patients may return to heavy work and sports as early as 4-6 weeks after surgery, if the surgical pain has subsided and the back strength has returned appropriately with physical therapy.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=473086
here are some quotes by JPP and Ronnie Barnes on it

Quote:
"Jason has been experiencing lower back pain that past couple months," said Ronnie Barnes, Giants Sr. Vice President of Medical Services. "He has managed the discomfort with treatment and core strengthening exercises. Last week, he was examined by Drs. Russell Warren and Frank Cammisa at the Hospital for Special Surgery. Both felt this procedure was the most prudent course of action. Dr. Watkins, after examining Jason yesterday, agreed. We expect a full and complete recovery."

My back has been bothering me for a while, and even last season I played through some back issues, said Pierre-Paul. The treatment Ive been doing has helped manage the issue, but this procedure is going to get me fully healthy and there should be no more pain. Im going to do everything the doctors tell me to do during my rehab so I can be back playing the game I love at a high level as quickly as possible.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ew-york-giants
Obviously this has been an issue for some time and the medical team were monitoring it and decided this needed to be done.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Back surgery sounds absolutely god awful. I just hope I never have to need anything like that.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like it was impacting JPP last year as well. He did ok last year despite the back problems, so if he has a chance to be fully healthy we should see a better JPP on the field.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I agree, it's sad but much needed. Rather this then status quo. He's an absolutely attrocious play-caller and game planner, it just got old quick. Just lame how Jerry goes about doing everything like an imbecile but at least I don't have to worry about 50 passes a game, reverse WR passes in the middle of a strong drive, or giving up on running the ball once we get down 7 points. This has been expected since January.

Heard about the surgery for JPP, think this was why his year last year wasn't what most people expected? At this point Fewell is gonna have to come up with a crazy good year to keep his job.
My issue with it is, why not just fire the guy? Jerry basically has no use for Garrett anymore. He has no control over the defense, and Callahan is calling the offense. And we all know final decisions on anything comes from Jerry.

And by not even communicating decisions with the HC like he's been doing, it severely hampers the HC's authority over the team and players. They all see what's going on, none of them are going to take Garrett seriously.

So why not just fire the guy? What's the point in keeping him? It's a bad decision on Jerry's part. You either have to move on, or let the man coach the way he coaches. You can't do what Jerry is doing and expect it to work out.

I think the back injury had something to do with JPP's down year. But I won't use it as an excuse, bc he looked plenty athletic enough. It was a combination of factors. He was dominant still, just didn't finish his hurries. Also teams schemed against us with alot of 3 step drops to eliminate our rush. Tuck and the rest of the DL played like garbage so he didn't get much help. And he got complacent as well. Last year the whole team pretty much just coasted, and I think JPP fell into that as well.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw this Garrett is still the primary gameplanner. He simply won't be calling the plays. By all accounts he's a disciplinarian and tactician just had his hands in too many pots.

Garrett's offensive schemes work he just is a terrible play-calling at times. Callahan calling plays out of Garrett's playbook could be a nightmare for defensive coordinators.

Jerry is beginning to reek of desperation to stay in the spotlight when it's becoming more and more apparent he's simply the mouthpiece of the team. Players don't go to Jerry's office anymore like they did to Wade this is still Garrett's team. IMHO the media is making a meal out of a story that wouldn't be covered outside Dallas.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem is Garrett clearly is not happy or on board with the decision. And when your coach is undermined like that, it's a poor reflection of leadership at the top.

When management clashes, the team follows. This is the case in all walks of life, not just football. It's a domino effect.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The problem is Garrett clearly is not happy or on board with the decision. And when your coach is undermined like that, it's a poor reflection of leadership at the top.

When management clashes, the team follows. This is the case in all walks of life, not just football. It's a domino effect.
That's very true, it happens all the time.

The stability of the Giants front office is a real strength
Old 06-05-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Just saw this Garrett is still the primary gameplanner. He simply won't be calling the plays. By all accounts he's a disciplinarian and tactician just had his hands in too many pots.

Garrett's offensive schemes work he just is a terrible play-calling at times. Callahan calling plays out of Garrett's playbook could be a nightmare for defensive coordinators.

Jerry is beginning to reek of desperation to stay in the spotlight when it's becoming more and more apparent he's simply the mouthpiece of the team. Players don't go to Jerry's office anymore like they did to Wade this is still Garrett's team. IMHO the media is making a meal out of a story that wouldn't be covered outside Dallas.
The Dallas defence is going to have similarities to Seattles
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...-defense.html/

Seattles 4-3 uses 3-4 personnel and is derived from Kiffin's Tampa 2
Old 06-05-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
My issue with it is, why not just fire the guy?
My guess is that Jerry doesn't want to pay Garrett to sit on the sidelines for the remainder of his contract (which is through 2014).

The solution is to make Garrett's situation so untenable that he walks.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
The Dallas defence is going to have similarities to Seattles
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...-defense.html/

Seattles 4-3 uses 3-4 personnel and is derived from Kiffin's Tampa 2
I wouldn't read too much into that. What he's referring to is gap strategy and coverage shells. Doesn't necessarily mean they'll use the same elephant/leo fronts that Seattle uses.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'd be great if Leach was released and we could bring him in.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well today's the day we'll find out if Nicks is really unhappy with his contract. We should hear some stuff pretty soon about it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nicks is there.

Only Cruz is missing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-11-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just typing that! Glad Nicks reported, but its a pretty much non story that he wasn't there during voluntary workouts. I have no question about their chemistry together and it prevented injury.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah I wasn't worried but you know how every dumb thing gets blown up here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-11-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Woohoo! Nicks! Haha, Cruz or Nicks needs to re-sign damn it. Granted Nicks is still under contract.

I really want Nicks jersey though. I just like how he's a constant professional. Not a diva. I like Cruz, and he hasn't been a diva by any means to this point in his career, but he does like to go out there and put himself in the spot light. Which again, is not a big deal at all, I just like Nick's attitude I guess.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Woohoo! Nicks! Haha, Cruz or Nicks needs to re-sign damn it. Granted Nicks is still under contract.

I really want Nicks jersey though. I just like how he's a constant professional. Not a diva. I like Cruz, and he hasn't been a diva by any means to this point in his career, but he does like to go out there and put himself in the spot light. Which again, is not a big deal at all, I just like Nick's attitude I guess.
I bought Nicks and JPP last offseason. David Wilson this off season.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I bought Nicks and JPP last offseason. David Wilson this off season.
All nice additions. Can't go wrong with them. I haven't bought a jersey in quite a while. I'm always fearful of buying a jersey and the guy leaving. I like to invest in long term guys, who even if they "leave" way down the road will always be considered Giants.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I have a Nicks, Tuck, Manning, and JPP. Jerseys of players now gone are Shockey, Osi, and S. Smith.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-11-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the only current i have is Eli. and it's old/small.

I've got: Feagles, Osi, Kenny, Bradshaw.

cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a Nicks, Tuck and Eli jersey currently. I want a David Wilson jersey, but with how expensive jerseys are now a days and how expendable RBs are I don't know if I should do it.

Actually, I outgrew the Eli one and gave it to my little bro, he wears it every sunday like a champ

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Some interesting snippets from OTAs so far

Quote:
James Brewer continues to start at right guard, in place of Snee. On Tuesday, regular left guard Kevin Boothe slid to center, and Brandon Mosley served as the starting left guard.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...k-on-the-field
Looks like Brewer and Mosley will get plenty of reps inside. I curious how Diehl is looking at RT. Pugh is working at RT with the 2nd team at the moment, he is going to have to earn his chances.

Quote:
I had to do a double take when on defense, the coaches had safeties Antrel Rolle and Stevie Brown down in the box, with cornerback Prince Amukamara on the line and CB Corey Webster the lone deep man. It was during a defensive drill, so no one was really tested, but it was still an interesting look.

http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/6244
It is still very early, but it looks like Fewell is open to trying new looks in the secondary. Could Webster see some time as a FS? It is an intriguing idea; many corners successfully transition to safety later in their careers.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Here is an interesting article from a former NFL agent on the Cruz contract situation.

I know we are all over it, but this is a good read.
http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=473517
Old 06-13-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got one of those Authentic Manning jerseys, that's my most prized jersey. Also got Umenyiora, Phillips and Nicks, in the normal cheap jerseys. Going to order a new one this fall, probably going to be either JPP, David Wilson or Prince.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote