Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 Yearly Winners

Just wondering who people have as their yearly winner's.

MVP: Brady

I don't know why, I just have this feeling that his schedule is primed for a 16-0 type season and after losing to the Ravens last year he'll be even more motivated to make a statement. Sounds ridic but just a feeling.

OPOTY: Jamaal Charles.
The Chiefs run block really well and Reid loves to incorporate his RB's in the pass game. He could have a Faulk like impact this year.

DPOTY: JJ Watt
I know that's the sexy pick but he's unstoppable. Geno and Luke K got some consideration but I have to go with my gut.

OROTY: Le'veon Bell

I like Franklin but worry he and Lacy will be a RBBC and Bernard is my honorable mention but Bell is a perfect power back for that O and will have a huge year in my opinion.

DROTY: Jarvis Jones, OLB Steelers
Couldn't have went to a better team, situation, or D for his skill set and

CBPOTY: not sure if RG3 qualifies, if so he gets my pick. But if not, does Vick count after being benched last year? If neither, MJD is my pick.

Top UDFA Contributor: Da'Rick Rogers

I know, they have Woods and Goodwin but I think he is the best of the 3. He'll be a contributor. Other guys I think have a shot are Tyler Bray and Chris Faulk.

Coach: Sean Payton

The Saints are going to do a 180 and the x-factor is SP.

Executive: Bruce Allen

What he has been able to do from a personnel stand point considering the cap penalty is nothing short of spectacular. If they win the division again it's going to have a lot to do with the continuity he made happen. Getting players to buy in so hard that they take pay cuts cannot be easy.

Last edited by Guru : 06-12-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
Just wondering who people have as their yearly winner's.

MVP: Brady

I don't know why, I just have this feeling that his schedule is primed for a 16-0 type season and after losing to the Ravens last year he'll be even more motivated to make a statement. Sounds ridic but just a feeling.

OPOTY: Jamaal Charles.
The Chiefs run block really well and Reid loves to incorporate his RB's in the pass game. He could have a Faulk like impact this year.

I know that's the sexy pick but he's unstoppable. Geno and Luke K got some consideration but I have to go with my gut.

OROTY: Le'veon Bell

I like Franklin but worry he and Lacy will be a RBBC and Bernard is my honorable mention but Bell is a perfect power back for that O and will have a huge year in my opinion.

Couldn't have went to a better team, situation, or D for his skill set and

CBPOTY: not sure if RG3 qualifies, if so he gets my pick. But if not, does Vick count after being benched last year? If neither, MJD is my pick.

I know, they have Woods and Goodwin but I think he is the best of the 3. He'll be a contributor. Other guys I think have a shot are Tyler Bray and Chris Faulk.
Do you think Charles will get enough touches to rack up rushing yards?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP: QB Aaron Rodgers Packers - He'll put up huge numbers, and the Packers should make it to at least the 2nd round of the playoffs
OPOY: RB Chris Johnson Titans - Finished 12th in the NFL last season in yards from scrimmage with a poor offensive line, poor play calling and mediocre QB play. The single-season record holder for yards from scrimmage should get somewhere around 2000 yards from scrimmage this season.
DPOY: DE JJ Watt Texans - His sacks will likely take a huge decline this season, 9.5 of his sacks in 2012 were beating up on the poor offensive line play in the division, all 3 teams upgraded the lines this offseason but he'll still be disruptive and good enough to pick-up double digit sacks.
OROTY: RB Leveon Bell Steelers - He has an opportunity to put up solid numbers in Todd Haleys offense.
DROTY: LB Arthur Brown Ravens - He's a playmaker, and will play on a revitalized defense.
CBPOTY: RB Maurice Jones-Drew Jaguars - One of the best backs in the league, no question
Top UDFA Contributor: WR Da'Rick Rogers
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Do you think Charles will get enough touches to rack up rushing yards?
It will be interesting to see if Andy Reid changes his philosophy or not. We often see coaches somewhat change when they go somewhere else.

Charles should get at least 200 carries, likely another 50 receptions. For Charles, 200 carries should be between 1000-1200 yards, and the receptions should account for another 400 yards.

I'm not sure if that's enough to warrant OPOY stats, unless he just explodes for more than that.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys got to remember that there were games last year where Romeo just completely ignored his best player and Charles got less than 10 carries all the while being taken off the field every third down.

He definitely can put up career stats with Reid.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP: Peyton Manning

The guy just didn't skip a beat last year and I think the Welker signing will make him that much scarier. Throw in Montee Ball and a solid defense they will win the division and have a sexy record going into the playoffs.

OPOTY: LeSean McCoy

Homer pick, but I know the guy is going to get carries and he will always be a factor in the passing game. Chip is going to put the rock in his hands with a bunch of unproven guys behind center.

The guy is just....a monster.

OROTY: Montee Ball

I know they are going throw the rock a lot, but I think Ball is in a perfect situation. He is ready to carry the load in the NFL after being a workhorse in college and will have lots of room to run with all the talent out wide. My 2nd pick would be Robert Woods as long as the rook doesn't start at QB.

Will likely start from day 1 and will be in a scheme that is perfect for his abilities.

CBPOTY: Darrelle Revis

I like the way Sherman plays and he was the best corner in football last season, however if Revis comes back 100%...we will see him back on the island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
You guys got to remember that there were games last year where Romeo just completely ignored his best player and Charles got less than 10 carries all the while being taken off the field every third down.

He definitely can put up career stats with Reid.
The question isn't the performance or stats really, it's whether he can get enough carries. Will we see a huge improvement in rushing? No, probably a decline. Will the number of receptions improve that much? It's hard to say, he can put up 45-50 a season, but I don't know if I see a 70 catch guy in him although he has the talent.

He accounted for 1745 yards from scrimmage last season and 6tds. He'll be on a better offense, so he'll likely get around 10-12 tds, but I have a hard time seeing him produce more yards than that.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post

Homer pick, but I know the guy is going to get carries and he will always be a factor in the passing game. Chip is going to put the rock in his hands with a bunch of unproven guys behind center.
I think Bryce Brown will likely take away a fair amount of carries that will cut into McCoys production
Old 06-12-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I think Bryce Brown will likely take away a fair amount of carries that will cut into McCoys production
I mean he's going to get carries as long as he learns how to hold on to the ball but not enough for anyone to forget that LeSean is a top 5 back in this league. Chip's Oregon teams have always had a feature back, so I don't expect some big RBBC in Philly this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
The question isn't the performance or stats really, it's whether he can get enough carries. Will we see a huge improvement in rushing? No, probably a decline. Will the number of receptions improve that much? It's hard to say, he can put up 45-50 a season, but I don't know if I see a 70 catch guy in him although he has the talent.

He accounted for 1745 yards from scrimmage last season and 6tds. He'll be on a better offense, so he'll likely get around 10-12 tds, but I have a hard time seeing him produce more yards than that.
If Smith can provide even the slightest upgrade over Cassel, Charles is going to put up insane rushing numbers and give Smith the outlet he needs (and will use often). With Andy, he'll ensure that Charles gets all the touches he can because unlike Crennel he knows who his best player is and that he's a matchup nightmare in the passing game and a threat to go yard anytime he touches the ball. Ried has always had a knack for making QB's look better than they are and part of that is getting his RB's in space and letting them go to work. And unless Smith has progressed at getting the ball to his outside guys, then The RB, Slot and TE's will be busy this year.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post

The guy just didn't skip a beat last year and I think the Welker signing will make him that much scarier. Throw in Montee Ball and a solid defense they will win the division and have a sexy record going into the playoffs.

The guy is just....a monster.

OROTY: Montee Ball

I know they are going throw the rock a lot, but I think Ball is in a perfect situation. He is ready to carry the load in the NFL after being a workhorse in college and will have lots of room to run with all the talent out wide. My 2nd pick would be Robert Woods as long as the rook doesn't start at QB.

Will likely start from day 1 and will be in a scheme that is perfect for his abilities.

I like the way Sherman plays and he was the best corner in football last season, however if Revis comes back 100%...we will see him back on the island.

I completely forgot about Revis, nice work! Woods and Ball are interesting. I don't trust Fox though. He's a vet guy so Ball is in a uphill battle for touches IF Sloshawn or Willis Myhurtknee are healthy. I could see them running a RBBC type attack.

Another guy I forgot is CJ Spiller. If Fred Jackson doesn't cut into his carries or catches I could see him as a 2000 club guy, especially if the Rook starts and they implement some read option and pistol concepts into their O.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If Smith can provide even the slightest upgrade over Cassel, Charles is going to put up insane rushing numbers and give Smith the outlet he needs (and will use often). With Andy, he'll ensure that Charles gets all the touches he can because unlike Crennel he knows who his best player is and that he's a matchup nightmare in the passing game and a threat to go yard anytime he touches the ball. Ried has always had a knack for making QB's look better than they are and part of that is getting his RB's in space and letting them go to work. And unless Smith has progressed at getting the ball to his outside guys, then The RB, Slot and TE's will be busy this year.
We'll see, I just have a hard time seeing him have a better season than last season
Old 06-12-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Nikolas
Rookie

Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP: Most likely Peyton Manning. They like to rotate this award between Brady, Manning, and Rodgers, so unless someone else has an absolutely stellar year, it's Manning's turn.

OPOTY: This is wishful thinking, but I'm going for Arian Foster, mainly because I'm hoping he has a superb year.

DPOTY: It won't be Watt, even if he is able to maintain last year's level. I'm gonna guess either Von Miller or Aldon Smith, I see one of them having a breakout year.

Rookies: Way too early to tell, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jarvis Jones gets DROTY, and Aaron Dobson for OROTY, since he will have Brady throwing to him, and Brady can make anyone look good.
Nikolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adding Welker is going to be disgusting for their offense.

OPOTY: Calvin Johnson

Even with Stafford looking downright terrible at times last year Megatron dominated. I'm looking for Stafford to bounce back to 2011 form and Megatron is going to put up stupid numbers... again.

If Watt isn't your DPOTY you are projecting him to suffer a major injury.

OROTY: DeAndre Hopkins

Hopkins is going to see a ton of 1v1 coverages opposite Andre. As long as the Texans aren't running away from people score-wise Hopkins should see a ton of targets this season.

DROTY: Star Lotulelei

Shocked he wasn't taken higher I think he's going to have a huge impact in the middle of the field. The focus on that line has to be on the edges on Johnson and Hardy so Star should get some favorable matchups.

CBPOTY: Darrelle Revis.

Coach of the Year: Andy Reid

I think Reid will have turned the Chiefs was the 2-14 atrocity they were into a borderline playoff team. If he sneaks them into the playbooks I would imagine the award is locked up.

Executive of the Year: John Schneider

He added Cliff Avril, Michael Bennett, and Percy Harvin while having a nice draft.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP - Peyton Manning - All signs and reports say that he has come back even stronger arm wise from last year due to a great offseason workout program. Throw in the fact that he is not learning an entire new offense along with personnel. Decker, Thomas and Welker will all provide GREAT weapons at his disposal. My eye is on an emerging target in Julius Thomas if he can stay healthy he will prove to be a matchup nightmare.

OPOTY - Calvin Johnson - If he was playing multiple games with broken fingers, he will finally be healthy and I dont see them all of a sudden forgetting how to throw the pigskin around in Detroit. Thow in Reggie Bush out of the backfield and it gives opposing defences something they have to worry about that SHOULD allow Johnson to get some of the pressure taken off of him, and even if it doesnt and he is focused on alot like he was last year he should still be able to produce.

DPOTY - JJ Watt While I dont think he will put up sack numbers like last year, he should still be in the double digits and barring a memory loss of how to knock down passes he should get a good number of passes deflected.

Rookie awards like previously stated are too early to tell because we dont even know who will be starting or getting alot of playing time until preseason hits.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offensive Player of The Year: Julio Jones
Defensive Player of The Year: Patrick Peterson
Offensive Rookie of The Year: Tavon Austin
Defensive Rookie of The Year: Dion Jordan
Comeback Player of The Year: Percy Harvin
Coach of The Year: Marvin Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP: Peyton Manning, this award is still given to manning unless someone outdoes him by a mile so i doubt that will change
OPOTY: Drew Brees, with Payton back hell crack another 5k season and get some love for it
DPOTY: Richard Sherman will get a lot of love for a very strong seahawks team. Might be more the most visible player of that D than the best but who really cares.
OROY: Jonathan Franklin, good position to maybe win starter, as a starting running back with no real likely rookie qb starters you have a good shot to win oroy
DROY: Manti Teo, all he does is win awards, starting at ilb would give him all the tackles he needs

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP: Aaron Rodgers
OPOTY: Calvin Johnson
DPOTY: Patrick Willis
OROTY: Geno Smith
DROTY: Xavier Rhodes
COTY: Greg Schiano
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Couldn't have went to a better team, situation, or D for his skill set and .
How is a player going to win Defense Rookie of the Year if they don't start at all this year? Name the last Steelers OLB that was starting his 1st year. He would have to have a insane amount of sacks in his limited playing time.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by Pat Sims 90 : 06-13-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
I'm gonna guess either Von Miller or Aldon Smith, I see one of them having a breakout year.
A breakout year? You must be working on a different definition of what a breakout year is than me. One might suggest they have already broken out.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:59 AM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
How is a player going to win Defense Rookie of the Year if they don't start at all this year? Name the last Steelers OLB that was starting his 1st year. He would have to have a insane amount of sacks in his limited playing time.
Well considering they've had Harrison and Woodley for a long time now and Woodley wasn't a starter his rookie year I'd guess that's where you're getting at. Jones is coming into a differen situation. As a 1st round pick with a gaping hole at OLB who's going to start over him? Worilds? He's not your typical rookie, prior to the combine he was the Clowney of this draft. He's going to start and IMO have a huge impact. If you disagree, fine but I'm not sure this is the typical situaton. Do you think 3 months ago they thought they had a prayer they'd land JJ? They had a stud fall into their lap and they won't hesitate to start him and that gives him a big opportunity to win the award. Just my opinion though, doesn't mean I can't accept contradictory views or aknowledge that there is a chance it won't happen.

Last edited by Guru : 06-13-2013 at 03:16 AM.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OPOTY: Adrian Peterson
DPOTY: Von Miller
OROTY: DeAndre Hopkins
DROTY: Alex Okafor

Yeah. That's right. I think a fourth rounder will be the DROTY.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams are getting no love here!

OROTY - Tavon Austin
DROTY - Alec Ogletree
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
The Rams are getting no love here!

OROTY - Tavon Austin
DROTY - Alec Ogletree
Be easy my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
I might be wrong, but I really doubt Harvin qualifies for the comeback award. He only missed 7 games, and it was "only" because of an ankle sprain. Dont think that quite enough to be considered.