Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-12-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Which..a type writer does. You feel the click. At least, that is what I meant by it.
You feel the press of any mechanical key. That is part of the draw. The Blue and Brown have an additional point where you feel the key engage.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You feel the press of any mechanical key. That is part of the draw. The Blue and Brown have an additional point where you feel the key engage.
Yeah.. I just don't like that. I like smooth. Hence my preference for red.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The new inventory system of Day Z looks a lot smoother, as do the raphics, but I want to see them complete more of it before I buy it. Again.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The new inventory system of Day Z looks a lot smoother, as do the raphics, but I want to see them complete more of it before I buy it. Again.
Is the Alpha up now?/??

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, vidae, you going to go for TES:O???

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

I don't want to wait for my first paycheck as assistant manager to by KSP... I want it now...

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sort of appreciate it, but the amount of unfinished games being put on sale on Steam lately is just ludicrous. How many of those games have actually been finished after having an "early access"?

It's really sketchy.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I sort of appreciate it, but the amount of unfinished games being put on sale on Steam lately is just ludicrous. How many of those games have actually been finished after having an "early access"?

It's really sketchy.
This would be great to know. I like that they are giving independent game producers a break, but is it actually successful?

We all know the failure of WarZ.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As barebones and empty as it is, I appreciate KSP. I really want to play Prison Architect, but they're selling an alpha-level game for $30. Can't justify it.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Is the Alpha up now?/??
I don't think so. I just saw some gameplay footage the guys did at E3.

Quote:
Also, vidae, you going to go for TES:O???
I'll definitely give it a look. It's hard to say no to an Elder Scrolls game.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post

It's really sketchy.
Eh, I'm sure if Steam is supporting it they are doing it with some sort of guarantee. And it'd be hard to tell how many have been finished because the program just started.

Quote:
Is the Alpha up now?/??
No, but it probably will be within the couple weeks at least. He's talking about the gameplay videos of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Eh, I guess I understand. I like coming in to alpha, helping test it and giving feedback, and getting to experience the game from the beginning. That's jsut me though. Clearly the game has a ways to go but they seem to have good direction: start with character customization, polishing, etc., move on to vehicle customization, transition to base building and such.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm pretty excited about the base building. If you have enough buddies playing with you you could actually make some cool ****.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Yeah, a bunch of us play the Origins mod which allows you to build houses and it's also being updated to include building giant clan strongholds.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:59 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since njx thought we were talking about the backlighting and some people might be interested. Here are the differences in the Cherry MX switches.

Cherry MX Black:

Cherry MX Red:

Cherry MX Brown:

Cherry MX Blue:

Cherry MX Green:

Cherry MX Clear:

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-choose-...-you-511140347
Old 06-13-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

My brother has wanted a click keyboard for a long time. It's interesting to see the difference between all the switches. I can. Use any type of keyboard that isn't a pad. I don't know what the technical term is for the type of switch but its what laptops use and some of the slimline keyboards out there.

Hate it. MacBooks are even worse!

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

NIP! Others interested in KSP! It's 33% off on Steam right now. GO BUY THAT ****!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

A lot of new info coming out about Hearthstone lately. If you haven't already signed up for it, go to your battle.net account and opt-in.

If you're not interested in it, do it anyway and give me your beta access and I'll love you for.. ev.. er..

Old 06-13-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
NIP! Others interested in KSP! It's 33% off on Steam right now. GO BUY THAT ****!
OMG!! I got a promotion and its 33% off! Im in!

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
OMG!! I got a promotion and its 33% off! Im in!
I mean, you pretty much had to...OR ELSE!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Also Battlefield 3 is $5 on Origins. You should all purchase it so we can play its greatness. It's actually a really fun game if you play as a squad.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Also Battlefield 3 is $5 on Origins. You should all purchase it so we can play its greatness. It's actually a really fun game if you play as a squad.
My wife bought me a Russian version of the game for Xmas 2011. It's a pain to re-patch every time the game updates. I'm going to buy this. Now.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I mean, you pretty much had to...OR ELSE!
Aaaaagh. I'm also saving for DayZ standalone!

So much I want to buy right now!

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Aaaaagh. I'm also saving for DayZ standalone!

So much I want to buy right now!
DO IT NIP! DO IT NOW! $15.33 is a great price. You got promoted? You're basically rich now right? (Just joking!)
Old 06-14-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Also, let me know if you (or anyone else) want to play some BF3! It's a fun game on its own, but playing it as a squad and really working together as a team makes it 100x more fun.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
DO IT NIP! DO IT NOW! $15.33 is a great price. You got promoted? You're basically rich now right? (Just joking!)
It's not just the raise.

The raise was actually just 9.5%. Nice but not really special. But beyond that I now am not working across state lines so I make an 8% raise--and that goes directly in my pockets because it's already been taxed by the Feds. On top of that my gas budget drops from about $400+ to $50-60 per month now that I work down the street.

That is why I'm so stoked about this position.

Oldie but a goodie.