Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bengals to be on Hard Knocks again

Yawn. Yaaaaawn. What an uninspired choice. No offense to my Bengals buddies, but they just did it on the Bengals when, in 2009?

Pass.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They could've been the only option. I thought most teams wanted nothing to do with Hard Knocks.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengal are a good team. In truth it can be any team and turn out awesome. There are always good story lines in every training camp. The Bengals have a big change in stars and leaders now so it should be interesting.

Bengals >>>>> no hard knocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:22 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dolphins and Jets were both boring. The Jets one was borderline unwatchable.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:27 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to watch AJ Green on the juggernaut every episode or running fly routes....shirtless.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:58 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The Dolphins and Jets were both boring. The Jets one was borderline unwatchable.
The Jets one was pretty horrible. I actually think the Bengals are pretty freakin' interesting going into this year, though, so not a bad choice at all in my mind, despite seeming like a retread. With the turnover in the NFL, 2009 is a long ways back and this is a totally different team.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:38 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Bengals are a good choice. A lot of interesting storylines on that team. There is only 5-6 teams that are definitly more interesting imo, and none of those want to be on the show.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wonder if the future of the show or longevity of it is impacted by the majority of the teams that don't want to do it. You can always go Bengals, Dallas And Jets. Other teams who need marketing or PR like the Dolphins, Jags or Lions. Other than that I am not sure how long a show like that can continue without diversity in the teams they pick.

I love the idea and the behind the scenes aspect of the show but can't see it continuing because most of the teams don't want to take part.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard Knocks is such a boring show. I dunno how people manage to get through it.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think HBO has a really hard time convincing teams to do the show and the Bengals are one of the few teams that will do it. If I was in charge of a team I wouldn't want Hard Knocks. I mean there is nothing good that I can think of that can come with having an HBO camera crew in your facility every day while your trying to prepare for a season. The positives of not having Hard Knocks easily outweigh the negatives.

That being said here are some of the story lines I hope to see them cover: Onterio McCalebb's position switch from RB to CB (Hard Knocks loves position changes it seems), Dre Kirkpatrick's preparation for the upcoming season after sitting most of last season, James Harrison's being in Cincinnati after playing for division rival Pittsburgh for the past 9 years, the battle amongst the WRs to see who can compliment AJ Green (Including rookies Cobi Hamilton and Roy Roundtree, out of Sanu, Jones, and Hawkins who will step up), and maybe a little backup QB bit detailing Skelton, Robinson, and Johnson even though I think Johnson will win it.

Last edited by Jcn92 : 06-15-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Jcn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it as a fan to be able to have an all access pass to how everything works. They do draft stories of prospects, war room cams, and the cowboys leak their draft wall at times. So why not have a show that documents training camp? if the stability is in place at a specific franchise then go for it.

I like Rich Eisen's idea of having a show that documents what the after draft process is like where teams call up undrafted free agents. I want to see that frenzy behind the scenes.

That's what makes this sport good. If they want to take it global and be a marketing giant in establishing this sport as a global entity, then please by all means don't stop or do it half way.

What this specific show has as a barrier is that most teams don't want it. So if that's the case then you're screwed unless you pick the same 4 teams and put them on a rotation system.

I don't see the Hard Knocks series sustaining itself in the long run.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They pretty much have to beg a team too be on it at this point.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Splat, yeah that's the funny part. I am sure it burns them that they can't touch the older teams like Giants, Steeler, and Raiders. You can't film the Pats do their thing. 49ers aren't going to say yes either.

I am sure their production meetings are very short.

"So, what team next year?"

"Well Sir or Ma'am, 27 of the 32 teams said no, and 2 said maybe."

Well that concludes the meetings, make those calls.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:06 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kind of surprised Buffalo hasn't jumped at the chance. We'll do anything. Then again, I'm not sure who would watch it outside of upstate western NY.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

on one hand i don't see why a team would want the media having access to publicize what's going on behind the scenes, especially when a player gets traded or is being released and you are shoving a camera in their face or following them around the locker room. on the other hand, the same thing. i don't see why any team would ever agree to do this, though it is entertaining from a consumer standpoint.
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^Draws more attention. People might be more inclined to root for the team, buy merchandise, or even go to games if they watch the show.

It's basically free advertising for the team. Paranoid NFL guys will say at the expense of vital privacy but in reality the teams probably have power throughout the editing process.

Just another reminder that it's a business. Because like you say, there is literally no good reason to go on this show football-wise - it can really only be bad for the team in that respect.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I'm kind of surprised Buffalo hasn't jumped at the chance. We'll do anything. Then again, I'm not sure who would watch it outside of upstate western NY.
What storylines could come from Bills camp? Just curious, since I cant think of anything except for the arrival of Doug Marrone.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
What storylines could come from Bills camp? Just curious, since I cant think of anything except for the arrival of Doug Marrone.
New coach, 1st round QB, roster bubble players, Stevie Johnson. There are plenty of stories on any given team. Its the access that is really interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yawn. Yaaaaawn. What an uninspired choice. No offense to my Bengals buddies, but they just did it on the Bengals when, in 2009?

Pass.
Are any players still around from that squad?
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
Are any players still around from that squad?
I think I read some where 17 players are left over from the last time they filmed it. Completely different team from 09.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:22 AM    (permalink
wojo
Rookie

wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.wojo could make a wolverine purr.

Any idea if the teams receive payment for being on Hard Knocks?

Still waiting on the Browns to be chosen one year.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously we should have just done hard knocks this off season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote