Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 04-20-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I'm predicting a 11-5 /10-6 at this point.
im one worse, so 10-6 or 9-7

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
i feel like that's extremely optimistic considering the Saints offensive line changes and terrible defense.
Agreed, a lot of uncertainty a long the Offensive Line has me worried, I know it's before Draft time but the prospect of Charles Brown, or a Rookie starting at Left Tackle opening day really concerns me.

Also I know we are really optimistic regarding the Defense, there is a lot to look forward to and it seems like we're making the right changes but Rob Ryan really has a lot of work to do.

I think right now we're hovering right around the 9 win mark, in a really tough Division until we see the results of the all around changes.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So i saw a report that the Jets offered the Saints a 6th for Ivory. I may be overvaluing Ivory but if i'm the Saints i'm saying hell no. Somewhere between 2nd-4th round pick is all i would take
Old 04-21-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post
So i saw a report that the Jets offered the Saints a 6th for Ivory. I may be overvaluing Ivory but if i'm the Saints i'm saying hell no. Somewhere between 2nd-4th round pick is all i would take
I was thinking 4th. There's no way in hell I, a Saints fan, would offer a 2nd for him. I would pause slightly before laughing when considering a 3rd. A 4th would require some negotiation and a 5th I would do.

And, from everything I've read, that seems to be the hold up. The Saints wanted a 3rd, the Jets countered with a 6th and now they're haggling about whether it should be a 4th or 5th. I think the deal gets done either before or during the draft and am hopeful Loomis squeezes a 4th out of them.

They need a RB pretty damn badly and we need the extra picks. It's kinda like desperation meets desperation and whoever is the more desperate will be the one that flinches.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott Fujita retires as a Saint.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy trails to Scott, sad to see his career end like that. Due to injury, but I'm sure better things await him after Football, I'm sure he's going to be doing some charitable work to help his buddy Steve Gleason and his cause.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to see Scott retire a Saint. His retirement speech was amazing and I recommend you listen to it if you haven't. I'd love to see him on the Saints sideline as an assistant coach.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-09-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Complete list of the seventy rookies that will be at Saints rookie minicamp
http://prod.static.saints.clubs.nfl....amp_roster.pdf

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-29-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least he was smart enough to pull over and sleep it off.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...de_receiv.html

Old 05-31-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best scouts ever

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Armstead being ready to start would be huge

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 05-31-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever happened to Charles Brown, OT?

In that 2010 Draft, many mocksters had us taking Brown at the end of Rd 1, and I know you got him at the end of Rd 2.

We took Bulaga instead at pick #23.

Has the guy busted, not gotten a chance, what's the story with him?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Whatever happened to Charles Brown, OT?

In that 2010 Draft, many mocksters had us taking Brown at the end of Rd 1, and I know you got him at the end of Rd 2.

We took Bulaga instead at pick #23.

Has the guy busted, not gotten a chance, what's the story with him?
Injures keep holding him back
Old 05-31-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Injures keep holding him back
Sounds f**** familiar.
What injuries has he had?

Nagging, or anything significant?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Sounds f**** familiar.
What injuries has he had?

Nagging, or anything significant?
Definitely more nagging. I believe it's his knee if I'm not mistaken.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Yeah, his knee has been a problem since he was drafted.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

I'm excited guys

Mike Triplett ?@MikeTriplett 9h
#Saints D was fun to watch today. A lot of nickel and dime lineups with a lot of pass rushers on field together. Some lineups with no DTs.

For example, sometimes Will Smith was on the edge for #Saints. Sometimes he had his hand on the ground with another LB outside of him.

#Saints ILB Lofton shot inside for what would have been a sack of Drew Brees if they were going full contact at start of team drills.

Mike Triplett ?@MikeTriplett 8h
Great talk with #Saints DL coach Bill Johnson. Said more important than scheme is "energy." "We lost our energy last year."

Mike Triplett ?@MikeTriplett 7h
#Saints defense shows exotic looks in nickel, dime packages Thursday http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...nse_sho_1.html

Mike Triplett ?@MikeTriplett 6h
Linebacker Curtis Lofton says #Saints defense is getting confidence back http://videos.nola.com/times-picayun...fton_says.html

Mike Triplett ?@MikeTriplett 4h
#Saints LB Junior Galette says new def. coordinator Rob Ryan is much more flexible than former DC Steve Spagnuolo http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...fense_hav.html

Mike Triplett ?@MikeTriplett 4h
#Saints defense having 'fun' again after losing energy, confidence last year | http://NOLA.com http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...fense_hav.html

Mike Triplett ?@MikeTriplett 23 May
#Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan says he hasn't felt this way since he was with Belichick, #Patriots http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf..._rob_ryan.html
Old 06-03-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hard not to get into the hype ...
Old 06-04-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I love hearing that. AS if I wasn't excited enough about Ryan being our Def. Co-ord.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Victor Butler torn ACL. I know you shouldn't blame big fat mark for this, but since he's terrible and fat I will
Old 06-12-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I thought Ingram couldn't hurt us more ....
Let's hope for a miraculous camp beast.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Victor Butler torn ACL. I know you shouldn't blame big fat mark for this, but since he's terrible and fat I will
since it wasnt a contact drill and he clearly had no idea where butler was you can sorta blame ingram.

also makes the vaccaro pick look even worse

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 06-17-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I'm confident in Martez Wilson stepping up as the starter.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any chances we take a look at Desmond Bishop?
Old 06-18-2013, 04:08 AM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Do we have the cap to sign more players ?