Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-15-2013, 02:37 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't watched an episode of this show since last year's list when John Kuhn made the list at like #98 or #96 and I listened to a player say "When you play against the Packers, you know you have to gameplan for Kuhn during the week".

That's all she wrote for me on this show.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:58 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL top 100 is a joke. Remember when Tebow made that list? Do people think that players actually vote on this list?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:01 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
NFL top 100 is a joke. Remember when Tebow made that list? Do people think that players actually vote on this list?
It just makes me know that they do.

Thinking to himself, "Now, who do I think is the best in the league.... Tebow."

*snickers to himself.*

"John Kuhn! Kuuuuuuhn!"

*laughs out loud.*

Interviewer: "What are you laughing at?"

"Nothing. There's just so many good players it's hard to choose."
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:23 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
It just makes me know that they do.

Thinking to himself, "Now, who do I think is the best in the league.... Tebow."

*snickers to himself.*

"John Kuhn! Kuuuuuuhn!"

*laughs out loud.*

Interviewer: "What are you laughing at?"

"Nothing. There's just so many good players it's hard to choose."
Who would have thought the NFL was full of trolls?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 06-15-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly didn't know people paid attention to that list. It's like Pro Bowl voting. I don't care who the most popular boy at the school is.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't put stock into it being a definitive absolute ranking but it is a really fun show for players to talk about other players. Its great seeing who they respect and which players really leave a mark on their peers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
And he may never be the same. For now Graham is the #1 receiving TE in the NFL.
....Ugh, no. Until we actually see he can't stay on the field Gronk is still the best TE in the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jimmy Graham will probably be the best tight end in the NFL next year. He's definitely the most physically gifted.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of the Saints, is Jahri Evans on the top 100 list?
Old 06-15-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The voting process is a joke.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oting-process/

Quote:
Ideally, all players would do it. This year, the league says only 481 of them actually did. That’s 28.3 percent of all active players."
Quote:
To vote, each player lists only his top 20 players in the league. The player listed at No. 1 gets 20 points, the player listed at No. 2 gets 19 points, and the process continues until the player listed at No. 20 gets one point.
So basically, the top 20ish players on the list should be pretty close to what the players actually think. Most of the players are going to have similar lists for the top 20, but some of them will throw a screwball vote in their for their teammate or a buddy or something. And that guy will make the list with 2 points because out of the 481 players that voted for only 20 players a piece, they probably barely even get 100 players with points. And there are probably 30 players tied with 2 or 3 points, does the NFL then just draw names out of a hat for the order?
Old 06-15-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
Jimmy Graham will probably be the best tight end in the NFL next year. He's definitely the most physically gifted.
Well if we go that way, why wouldn't Vernon Davis be the best TE next year?
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
The voting process is a joke.
Using players is a joke and coaches are not going to waste their time. Plus, using ex coaches (and management) is basically what ESPN does, but they manage to make sure Brett Favre stays in the list (and Ray Lewis and others) to generate ratings.

It would be an interesting move to see the NFL hire former coaches and GMs (and whatnot) to watch film and determine who the 100 best players actually are. Something similar to what the NBA did when they announced the 50 best players ever.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I honestly didn't know people paid attention to that list. It's like Pro Bowl voting. I don't care who the most popular boy at the school is.
Yeah, but what makes the common fan's opinion trump the players? They're the ones that have to prep and game plan for a particular player so while I believe this is a misstep, they obviously have a reason behind these rankings and despite obvious misses and flaws I'm sure they have their reasons behind who they are ranking where. Maybe they think Graham is a guy who benefits from Brees and may not be as successful in another offense? I don't know how else to explain it besides a legit mistake? He's def up there in my book though.

Last edited by Guru : 06-15-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Using players is a joke and coaches are not going to waste their time. Plus, using ex coaches (and management) is basically what ESPN does, but they manage to make sure Brett Favre stays in the list (and Ray Lewis and others) to generate ratings.

It would be an interesting move to see the NFL hire former coaches and GMs (and whatnot) to watch film and determine who the 100 best players actually are. Something similar to what the NBA did when they announced the 50 best players ever.
Okay, if the voting process is a joke, what's the better option?
Old 06-15-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
Okay, if the voting process is a joke, what's the better option?
If they are absolutely want players to vote on it, use a group of them and have them do it like the NCAA does their basketball tournament.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Wow, when I looked up the top 100 I am even more shocked. Here is the TEs in the top 100

1) Rob Gronk
2) VD
3) Jason Witten
4) Tony G
5) Antonio Gates
6) Hernandez
7) Heath Miller
8) Pitta

Wow, seriously? This had be an enormous error and/or a lapse in judgement
I can see 6 of those being on there above Graham because they can either block (Gronk/VD/Witten/Gates/Miller) or catch everything (Gonzo), but Pitta and Hernandez is a bit ridiculous. Especially Hernandez, who is literally just a worse version of Graham. Actually, nevermind on that. Graham's not the worst blocker, so it's just terrible on the whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yeah it's ridiculous that he's not on the list. And Geno Atkins is 36th? Tons of weird **** goin down y'all.
I hope you mean that he's too low.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
So basically, the top 20ish players on the list should be pretty close to what the players actually think. Most of the players are going to have similar lists for the top 20, but some of them will throw a screwball vote in their for their teammate or a buddy or something. And that guy will make the list with 2 points because out of the 481 players that voted for only 20 players a piece, they probably barely even get 100 players with points. And there are probably 30 players tied with 2 or 3 points, does the NFL then just draw names out of a hat for the order?
Is there anything in place to prevent players from voting for themselves? Do they check for obviously trollish votes? If Mason Crosby put himself down at #1, would we be watching them talk about him as the 74th best player in the NFL or something?

I'm not entirely convinced that this list isn't somewhat fake to begin with.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Is there anything in place to prevent players from voting for themselves? Do they check for obviously trollish votes? If Mason Crosby put himself down at #1, would we be watching them talk about him as the 74th best player in the NFL or something?

I'm not entirely convinced that this list isn't somewhat fake to begin with.
You tryna say he isn't?
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
If they are absolutely want players to vote on it, use a group of them and have them do it like the NCAA does their basketball tournament.
I don't follow basketball so not sure what you mean about that.

This ranking is about peer review. For whatever reason multiple of his comrades don't rank him highly. Without jumping to conclusions, the fact that he's been left off is puzzling. I think it's either a mistake or his piers think of him as a product of the system (or something similar). I'd have him in my top 100 for sure but again this is about pier review and the obvious lack of respect is alarming for such a productive player.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Instead of voting for the 20 best players, the should vote for the 100 best players. A vote for the 100th best player gets 1 point, and a vote for the best player gets 100 points. You get the rest.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Well if we go that way, why wouldn't Vernon Davis be the best TE next year?
Vernon Davis is only 6'3". Jimmy Graham is 6'6", and he's not far behind Davis in the speed department.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The outrage in this thread is kind of hilarious though. So what if it's a ****** list? Don't watch it?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The outrage in this thread is kind of hilarious though. So what if it's a ****** list? Don't watch it?
I don't. and neither should you!

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 06-16-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL... who's honestly "outraged" here?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
LOL... who's honestly "outraged" here?
You. You are. You're so angry.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote