Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
flave1969
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: London, England
Posts: 246
Reputation: 26822
flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post

If you insert Jim Brown directly into the NFL today, he's an average RB. If you let him train, and get his speed and agility up to todays standards, he'd be a pretty good one but still nothing close to he was back then. He was playng with scrubs for the most part. It's like having a 8th grader who developed way faster than anyone else and dominates against other 8th grades, is it really all that impressive? To me, it's really not.
Outside the first line which you cannot do anyway, you just don't know this with any certainty. It is constantly said that Jim Brown was ahead of his time and this was without the advanced high school, college and pro systems bringing him through. No reason not to believe that a man who ran a 4.5 forty then would not be quicker in todays NFL now.

I think the scrubs line really sums up the problem with this all time kind of argument. It is often bandied about but assumes that the NFL players of that era were just making up the numbers and had no business being there.

I mean what is really different now, you only have to check the to and fro on this board and you could surmise that in the opinion of many people the NFL is still full of scrubs.
flave1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,230
Reputation: 163516
stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

QB - Peyton Manning
RB - Marshall Faulk
FB - John L Williams
WR - Sterling Sharpe
WR - Randy Moss
TE - Ozzie Newsome
LT - Orlando Pace
LG - Russ Grimm
C - Mike Webster
RG - Larry Allen
RT - Dan Dierdorf

DE - Deacon Jones
DT - Warren Sapp
DT - Cortez Kennedy
DE - Richard Dent
OLB - Derrick Thomas
ILB - Jack Lambert
OLB - Wilber Marshall
CB - Deion Sanders
SS - Ronnie Lott
FS - Kenny Easley
CB - Rod Woodson
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
flave1969
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: London, England
Posts: 246
Reputation: 26822
flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
QB - Peyton Manning
RB - Marshall Faulk
FB - John L Williams
WR - Sterling Sharpe
WR - Randy Moss
TE - Ozzie Newsome
LT - Orlando Pace
LG - Russ Grimm
C - Mike Webster
RG - Larry Allen
RT - Dan Dierdorf

DE - Deacon Jones
DT - Warren Sapp
DT - Cortez Kennedy
DE - Richard Dent
OLB - Derrick Thomas
ILB - Jack Lambert
OLB - Wilber Marshall
CB - Deion Sanders
SS - Ronnie Lott
FS - Kenny Easley
CB - Rod Woodson
Kenny Easley was a hell of a player, shame his career was cut short.
flave1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Berlin - Capital of Ze Germanzzzz
Posts: 1,235
Reputation: 913447
SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Nice to see so much love for Derrick Thomas. He is #1 on my list on players I wish I had seen in their prime. Such a beast.
__________________
Justin Tucker is a better and more productive NFL player than Brandon Graham.
SunTzu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Titletown USA
Posts: 9,660
Reputation: 1435771
J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flave1969 View Post
Kenny Easley was a hell of a player, shame his career was cut short.

Originally Posted by stlouisfan37

QB - Peyton Manning
RB - Marshall Faulk
FB - John L Williams
WR - Sterling Sharpe
WR - Randy Moss
TE - Ozzie Newsome
LT - Orlando Pace
LG - Russ Grimm
C - Mike Webster
RG - Larry Allen
RT - Dan Dierdorf

DE - Deacon Jones
DT - Warren Sapp
DT - Cortez Kennedy
DE - Richard Dent
OLB - Derrick Thomas
ILB - Jack Lambert
OLB - Wilber Marshall
CB - Deion Sanders
SS - Ronnie Lott
FS - Kenny Easley
CB - Rod Woodson
Yes he was, so was Derrick Thomas. So was Sterling Sharpe.
Great to see those 3 (Easley) on there.

You cannot have Wilber Marshall over Lawrence Taylor. LT was the best ever, but Derrick Thomas as a pass rusher was close.
No Reggie White either? Am I missing some criteria here for you?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Titletown USA
Posts: 9,660
Reputation: 1435771
J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
HC: Vince Lombardi
TE: Tony Gonzalez, Sterling Sharpe
NT: Gilbert Brown, Warren Sapp
Love seeing Gilbert Brown! The GraveDigger.
Sterling was by far better than Shannon was, as Shannon fully admits and as anyone, player, coach or fan who was active in the early 90's would attest to, but not sure if you meant to grab Sterling and move him to the hybrid TE spot, or if you meant the horse-mouthed Shannon.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Titletown USA
Posts: 9,660
Reputation: 1435771
J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
LS: Patrick Mannelly

This would be the fate of this team:
Thanks for including the long snapper, an often-forgotten key component of the NFL and Super Bowl winning teams. Usually overlooked, glad you recognized the true greatness of Mannelly. He's the best we've ever seen with the long snap, perfect spin every time and pinpoint location like Greg Maddux.
Also very alert at getting down field and locating the punt returner without hesitation.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,553
Reputation: 1011068
mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flave1969 View Post
Outside the first line which you cannot do anyway, you just don't know this with any certainty. It is constantly said that Jim Brown was ahead of his time and this was without the advanced high school, college and pro systems bringing him through. No reason not to believe that a man who ran a 4.5 forty then would not be quicker in todays NFL now.

I think the scrubs line really sums up the problem with this all time kind of argument. It is often bandied about but assumes that the NFL players of that era were just making up the numbers and had no business being there.

I mean what is really different now, you only have to check the to and fro on this board and you could surmise that in the opinion of many people the NFL is still full of scrubs.
That's fine, but there's no indication Jim Brown ever ran a 4.5 40 as reported. Watching the film, I can honestly say if he ran a 4.5 he didn't play to his speed, or he ran the slowest 4.5 40 I've ever seen.

The yard markings don't lie, and Steven Ridley would blow past Jim in a race. Here's a link on Eric Dickerson and what he thought about Jim

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau.../MAG1069183/4/
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:33 AM    (permalink
Cudders
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 298
Reputation: 1091601
Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Except this line of thinking is preposterous.

Itís difficult to compare eras, I agree. But the idea of transplanting someone from their era and just dropping them into the modern game and doing it in a complete vacuum is the worst possible method of doing it. Too much has changed. Thereís a sizeable list of Hall of Famers that wouldnít be able to compete in the current edition of the NFL due to size limitations, but that doesnít invalidate their achievements and careers. Because the modern NFL isnít Ė and shouldnít be Ė the singular litmus test for all-time greatness.

Yes, Jim Brown was an absolute behemoth in the 50's and 60's. But there are athletes with freakish blends of size, strength, and speed across all eras. When Eric Dickerson entered the league, the average size of a defensive lineman entering the league was still around 260 pounds. So Dickerson was just 40 pounds lighter than the average defensive linemen. Does Dickerson get downgraded for that when compared against Adrian Peterson? Does Dick Butkus get downgraded for being the same size as an average modern NFL linebacker?

Like I said, too much has changed. For starters, a lot of modern athletes engage in sport-specific training regimens to reach their peak in a given sport. Jim Brown never dedicated himself to just football and most coaches discouraged routine weightlifting. Then there are the vast scientific advancements. Athletes follow proper diet and nutrition and stack supplements to maximize their gains from training. Some even take pre- and post-workout formulas. And thatís not even broaching the explosion of steroids within the sport.

Take speed, for example. Timed speed is a different beast in the modern game. Back then, it was just a simple running drill. Now, itís a televised spectacle. Prospects spend time with speed coaches and sprinters to obtain optimal form and run their fastest time in a compression shirt and shorts. Even though timed speed doesnít equate to game speed. Consider conditions, too. There wasnít a pervasive pickiness about running. People ran without ideal speed conditions because multi-million dollars contracts werenít at stake.

Differences in speed extend to the field as well. In the modern NFL, half the stadiums have some kind of artificial turf. In the 1950ís and 1960ís, it was natural grass. So a fast track is replaced with a slower surface that didnít even see the same maintenance levels of most current grass fields. Then take a field and put it in the elements of Cleveland. Itís thick, itís wet, itís deteriorated over course of the season, etc. Not ideal conditions for hitting the afterburners.

Thereís equipment, too. Old equipment is quite cumbersome. Newer equipment is lighter and sleeker. More reinforced and less restrictive. From cleats to pads.

Defenders mightíve been smaller, but the old rules allowed more tenaciousness in tackling. Facemasks, neckties, etc. The NFL could conduct a clinic on illegal tackles using highlight clips of the hardest hitters from that era. Yet Brown never missed a game.

Then thereís the issue of the game itself. Now, itís a game of space. Of course, speed shines in space. Back then, formations and fronts were tighter. Running backs line up deeper in the modern NFL to get cleaner, smoother starts. Brown was closer to the line of scrimmage and met a wall of defenders before accelerating to top speed because fronts were more compact and condensed. Loaded boxes and eight-man fronts werenít exceptions that warranted special game-planning. It was a ball control, smash-mouth running game. Defenses didnít have to concern themselves with exotic four wide sets or deal with versatile weapons at tight end. Defenses went into those games with the mindset of shutting Jim Brown down and he still averaged over 5 YPC for his career.
__________________
Cudders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:20 AM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 721
Reputation: -58773
JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber
Default

QB - Steve Young
RB - Walter Payton
FB - Tony Richardson
WR - Jerry Rice
WR - Randy Moss - is he gonna show up?...if not, I'm taking Michael Irvin.
TE - Vernon Davis

LT - Anthony Munoz
RT - Chris Hinton
C - Dwight Stephenson
LG - Larry Allen
RG - Randy Cross


Defense...are we going 3-4 or 4-3? I'll prepare for both...

DT - Cortez Kennedy
DT - Jerome Brown
NT - Michael Carter

DE - Reggie White
DE - Bruce Smith
OLB - Lawrence Taylor
OLB - DeMarcus Ware

MLB - Mike Singletary
ILB - Sam Mills
OLB - Junior Seau
OLB - Wilber Marshall

CB - Darrelle Revis
CB - Louis Wright
SS - Troy Polamalu
FS - Earl Thomas

K - Rob Bironas
P - Shane Lechler
Kick/Punt Return - Rick Upchurch

Head Coach - Bill Walsh
Offensive Coordinator - Mike Shanahan
Defense Coordinator - Wade Phillips
JordanTaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
flave1969
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: London, England
Posts: 246
Reputation: 26822
flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
That's fine, but there's no indication Jim Brown ever ran a 4.5 40 as reported. Watching the film, I can honestly say if he ran a 4.5 he didn't play to his speed, or he ran the slowest 4.5 40 I've ever seen.

The yard markings don't lie, and Steven Ridley would blow past Jim in a race. Here's a link on Eric Dickerson and what he thought about Jim

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau.../MAG1069183/4/
I got my info from the ESPN sports science people who were doing a greatest athlete of all time competition. They analysed a whole bunch of film and timed his best 40 at 4.50 in pads.

Sorry there is not better definitive measurement I was taking what they said being the only real reference where I have seen someone try to measure.

Once again it is all pretty irrelevant because until you give Jim Brown the full advantages that today's athletes have the point is moot. As cudders pointed out below from the fields to equipment to diet and nutrition to playscheme none of it was to Jim Brown's advantage.
flave1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,553
Reputation: 1011068
mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudders View Post
Except this line of thinking is preposterous.

Itís difficult to compare eras, I agree. But the idea of transplanting someone from their era and just dropping them into the modern game and doing it in a complete vacuum is the worst possible method of doing it. Too much has changed. Thereís a sizeable list of Hall of Famers that wouldnít be able to compete in the current edition of the NFL due to size limitations, but that doesnít invalidate their achievements and careers. Because the modern NFL isnít Ė and shouldnít be Ė the singular litmus test for all-time greatness.

Yes, Jim Brown was an absolute behemoth in the 50's and 60's. But there are athletes with freakish blends of size, strength, and speed across all eras. When Eric Dickerson entered the league, the average size of a defensive lineman entering the league was still around 260 pounds. So Dickerson was just 40 pounds lighter than the average defensive linemen. Does Dickerson get downgraded for that when compared against Adrian Peterson? Does Dick Butkus get downgraded for being the same size as an average modern NFL linebacker?

Like I said, too much has changed. For starters, a lot of modern athletes engage in sport-specific training regimens to reach their peak in a given sport. Jim Brown never dedicated himself to just football and most coaches discouraged routine weightlifting. Then there are the vast scientific advancements. Athletes follow proper diet and nutrition and stack supplements to maximize their gains from training. Some even take pre- and post-workout formulas. And thatís not even broaching the explosion of steroids within the sport.

Take speed, for example. Timed speed is a different beast in the modern game. Back then, it was just a simple running drill. Now, itís a televised spectacle. Prospects spend time with speed coaches and sprinters to obtain optimal form and run their fastest time in a compression shirt and shorts. Even though timed speed doesnít equate to game speed. Consider conditions, too. There wasnít a pervasive pickiness about running. People ran without ideal speed conditions because multi-million dollars contracts werenít at stake.

Differences in speed extend to the field as well. In the modern NFL, half the stadiums have some kind of artificial turf. In the 1950ís and 1960ís, it was natural grass. So a fast track is replaced with a slower surface that didnít even see the same maintenance levels of most current grass fields. Then take a field and put it in the elements of Cleveland. Itís thick, itís wet, itís deteriorated over course of the season, etc. Not ideal conditions for hitting the afterburners.

Thereís equipment, too. Old equipment is quite cumbersome. Newer equipment is lighter and sleeker. More reinforced and less restrictive. From cleats to pads.

Defenders mightíve been smaller, but the old rules allowed more tenaciousness in tackling. Facemasks, neckties, etc. The NFL could conduct a clinic on illegal tackles using highlight clips of the hardest hitters from that era. Yet Brown never missed a game.

Then thereís the issue of the game itself. Now, itís a game of space. Of course, speed shines in space. Back then, formations and fronts were tighter. Running backs line up deeper in the modern NFL to get cleaner, smoother starts. Brown was closer to the line of scrimmage and met a wall of defenders before accelerating to top speed because fronts were more compact and condensed. Loaded boxes and eight-man fronts werenít exceptions that warranted special game-planning. It was a ball control, smash-mouth running game. Defenses didnít have to concern themselves with exotic four wide sets or deal with versatile weapons at tight end. Defenses went into those games with the mindset of shutting Jim Brown down and he still averaged over 5 YPC for his career.
The Eric Dickerson size comparison would be a good point, except that the statement is false. Review the 1983 draft class, and the DEs averaged around 265-270, the DTs looked to average around 275-280 and were hard to tell apart from DEs. Judging by that. In these days, most teams ran a 4-3, although there were still some exceptions. Today, I'd say the average among 43 DEs is somewhere around 270-275, DTs have grown in the 43 system and can now be clearly differed from DEs and probably average somewhere in the 310. Since the 80s, it's mostly the speed part of the game that has excelled, not the size part of it. By a size comparison, Jim Brown was the size of many of the DEs and DTs at the time, larger than most LBers and had 60 pounds on many DBs . Guards and tackles weighed in the 240-250 commonly in the 1957 draft, in fact, at 232 he even weighed more than some of the offensive lineman in that class.

As a whole, I'm not impressed by Jim Brown. It's fine to agree or disagree, for his era he was a great player, I am not here to dispute that. But I think the impressiveness if greatly diminished when you look at the whole picture.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
flave1969
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: London, England
Posts: 246
Reputation: 26822
flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
That's fine, but there's no indication Jim Brown ever ran a 4.5 40 as reported. Watching the film, I can honestly say if he ran a 4.5 he didn't play to his speed, or he ran the slowest 4.5 40 I've ever seen.

The yard markings don't lie, and Steven Ridley would blow past Jim in a race. Here's a link on Eric Dickerson and what he thought about Jim

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau.../MAG1069183/4/
Post deleted = New post worthy of reply.

Last edited by flave1969 : 06-17-2013 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Just saw above post
flave1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.