Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 06-17-2013, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2014 TE Class

I think this is one of the strongest positions in the draft. There are 4 to 5 guys who could go top 50 IMO. Here's how I rank them:

1) ASJ
2) Colt Lyerla
3) Xavier Grimble
4) Randall Telfair
5) Eric Ebron

I really like Ebron from what I've watched. He reminds me a lot of Jared Cook and I think he'll be a dynamic pass catcher in the NFL.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ASJ Would be delicious as a steeler
Old 06-17-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a deep year. It's been 6 years since we've seen 2 TEs taken in round one. That should happen this year. Although it's assuming ASJ and Lyerla declare. If they don't, it's a pretty crappy year and certainly not as good as 2013 was.

ASJ and Lyerla are very unique athletes at the position. Both very different athletes too. They are good enough that teams that are broken elsewhere will be tempted to take one of these luxury picks.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sefarian Jenkins and Lyerla are potentially all NFL types but both need to keep their heads on straight and have good seasons.

ASJ is more your big TE that can make all the catches and block a little and Lyerla is more fluid and a great blocker but short on production at this point.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These senior FBS TEs are the highest rated by the scouts I have talked with so far. I'm sure this list will change heavily though.

Justin Jones East Carolina
Marcel Jensen Fresno State
Arthur Lynch Georgia
Ted Bolser Indiana
C.J. Fiedorowicz Iowa
Rob Blanchflower Massachusetts
Gabe Holmes Purdue
Jacob Pedersen Wisconsin
JBScouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fiedorowicz screams a poor man's Heath Miller to me. He just gets the job done, though he is not that athletic.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is ASJ really a legit elite TE prospect if not for the off the field stuff? I've seen him play and always saw the athleticism, but I guess I don't know how he's gonna time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Bobby Layne
Rookie

Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A.C Leonard could be a guy to watch as well.
Bobby Layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Is ASJ really a legit elite TE prospect if not for the off the field stuff? I've seen him play and always saw the athleticism, but I guess I don't know how he's gonna time.
A single DUI shouldn't hurt him too much. His on-field ability more than makes up for it.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a LOT of projection in this class, but there's a lot that needs to turn out right.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:41 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBScouting View Post
These senior FBS TEs are the highest rated by the scouts I have talked with so far. I'm sure this list will change heavily though.

Arthur Lynch Georgia
Ted Bolser Indiana
C.J. Fiedorowicz Iowa
Gabe Holmes Purdue
Jacob Pedersen Wisconsin
Old 06-18-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Layne View Post
A.C Leonard could be a guy to watch as well.
Leonard is a small schooler and a junior. He may declare but I don't think he should. He needs to develop more but certainly has the talent to be a really good one in two years.
JBScouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Back with the team - now he just needs to keep his head on straight. Hopefully he learned his lesson, but of course you never know with these guys.

Quote:
Washington junior TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins has been cleared to rejoin the football team.
Seferian-Jenkins was indefinitely suspended following an offseason DUI arrest and head coach Steve Sarkisian would not comment if the talented tight end will miss game action, saying it will be handled internally. The junior pleaded guilty to the charge. Seferian-Jenkins has drawn comparisons to Rob Gronkowski this offseason

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team Lyerla.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Xavier Grimble ftw!

Ebron needs to improve his hands. I like seeing him rush the passer.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boo. Stanford doesn't have a tight end I can pimp this year. Luke Kaumatule is next in line but he is only a sophomore. Stanford put out 5 decent TEs recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
JBScouting

Arthur Lynch Georgia
Ted Bolser Indiana
C.J. Fiedorowicz Iowa
Gabe Holmes Purdue
Jacob Pedersen Wisconsin
I agree with a lot of guy son this list, Jones is a possible star if he plays up to his potential, I love his ability but he has to produce more. Fiedorowicz has no reason why he should not become elite this season, the Hawkeyes do not have many receiver weapons, he should get the ball a lot and do a lot with it and if he does not it will be a big disappointment.

Pedersen is very underrated, good pass catcher, decent blocker and athlete as well.

Kyle Carter of Penn State might come out early as a RS SOPH, he is such a smooth pass catching tight end. Matt Lehman of Penn State is a very good player also and is a senior.

Andre McDonald of Kansas State, I love his size and blocking ability, will have to produce a little more on the field pass catching but he is an elite level blocker.

Nehemiah Hicks of Texas A&M, kind of lost in that offense with all those receivers, but he is a good talent and a good athlete, nice potential at the position just too bad he does not play for a more pro style offense.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys value more in TE's - the ability to create separation or the ability to make contested catches?
Old 07-27-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Create separation.

That usually means the TE is able to get open in the middle of the field which will bring in the safeties and take pressure off the WR's and open up the field for the RB as well.

Ability to make contested catches is awesome for the redzone, but I'd prefer the guys who can get open consistently. Takes pressure off of some many players on the offense.

That's why Gronk and Jimmy are the best - they are awesome at both.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely make contested catches. Separation in the NFL usually is body separation rather than actually having any ground in between players.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why wasn't Colt Lyerla put on defense? You have to be able to stop people from scoring, and you need athletes to do that.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
What do you guys value more in TE's - the ability to create separation or the ability to make contested catches?
Make contested catches. Rarely will you see a TE matched up 1-on-1 at the LOS.

What happens when a TE loses is speed/quickness to separate? He'll always have the box-out ability. See: Tony Gonzalez.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
Why wasn't Colt Lyerla put on defense? You have to be able to stop people from scoring, and you need athletes to do that.
Oregon actually has guys who can stop people but i never got how they decided to move Lyerla to TE. For me he would be a near prototype 3-4 outside linebacker.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know all about ASJ and Lyerla, but what's the deal with this Eric Ebron guy? Seems to be getting a lot of buzz early in the process I don't know much about him. Can anyone fill me in
Old 07-28-2013, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Robcards I know all about ASJ and Lyerla, but what's the deal with this Eric Ebron guy? Seems to be getting a lot of buzz early in the process I don't know much about him. Can anyone fill me in
Eric Ebron was totally under the radar most of the season, but the kid can play. He can split out wide and be a pass catching threat at his size. He is your typical pass catching tight end, can go up and get the ball. He also is a surprisingly decent blocker, not a huge kid yet but he will block if need be, very hard to cover with his athletic ability. He is easily a top 5 tight end potentially in next years draft. If he was the same size as Austin Seferian-Jenkins he would probably be ranked above him but he does not have that great 6-6 or 6-7 height to him, still a damn good pass catching tight end.

Some might call Ebron a tweener, but I image he can put on 10 pounds or more if he needs to.