Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-16-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Breakout Players for 2013

http://www.bloguin.com/crystalballru...n-in-2013.html

10 COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYERS READY FOR A BREAKOUT SEASON IN 2013
Written by Tom Perry on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 18:40.

Will there be a player who has a Johnny Manziel-type breakout season in 2013?

That may be a bit too much to expect, but there is always a few players who become the breakout stars of each season.

Some have recognizable names, but just havenít had the chance as they sat behind someone else, while others showed signs the past season and just need a little more seasoning.

Here is a look at 10 that should have breakout campaigns during the 2013 football season.

1. Devin Gardner, QB, Michigan

Itís not like Devin Gardner is an unknown, but this is the first time he enters a season in Ann Arbor as the starter.

He started the 2012 season as a receiver since the Wolverines figured Denard Robinson would be a Heisman candidate. When the diminutive QB was injured Brady Hoke turned to the more durable Gardner.

He completed 75-of-126 passes for 1,219 yards. He also threw 11 touchdown passes, but was picked off five times. Gardnerís accuracy was much better than Robinsonís, but if you saw that first pitch he threw in Detroit you could see why this was true.

With Michigan switching to a more traditional offense, Gardner could thrive with a more balanced attack in a somewhat weak Big Ten.

2. Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama

Taking over for Barrett Jones is not easy task, but you go to Alabama to start and win championships.

Kelly is ready for both.

Letís not forget he also backed up William Vlachos two years ago. So heís learned a lot from two great centers.

He gained valuable experience while playing late in games that the outcome was decided, and he also got to practice the with the No. 1 unit after the SEC title game and the BCS Championship.

3. Johnathan Gray, RB, Texas

Johnathan Gray was a huge recruit and arrived in Austin with huge expectations. He played in all 13 games in 2012 and led the Longhorns in rushing with 701 yards.

But donít be shocked when this guy doubles his output to something around 1,300 to 1,400 yards this season. He should easily double his touchdown production, which was a dismal three.

Gray is going to be one of the Big 12ís best runners and he should benefit from an improved offense. Of course, Texasí quarterback situation is still a mess.

4. Michael Brewer, QB, Texas Tech

New Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury worked his magic with Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel. Now itís going to be interesting to see what he does with Michael Brewer.

He has great bloodlines. His father, grandfather and uncle all played quarterback at rival Texas.

He had his ups and downs this spring, but thatís to be expected when trying to learn a new offense. But when he was on he showed the potential that could turn into an explosive offense for the Red Raiders.

5. Shaq Thompson, LB, Washington

You could make an argument that Shaq Thompson was the nationís most athletic and dynamic freshman in 2012.

He was name to pretty much every freshman All-American team and he did that strictly on natural ability.

Now that he has a year under his belt, Thompson could be a dominant force in the Pac-12 and he will be asked to do much more on defense.

6. Jordan Jenkins, LB, Georgia

As a freshman, he finished second on the team in sacks and is now ready to lead a defense that could be the difference between winning the SEC or finishing third in the East.

Georgia really needs him to become a big-time linebacker and it appears Jenkins is on the verge of doing just that. In Todd Granthamís 3-4 defense, outside linebackers have a habit of becoming stars.

Jenkins is not going to be another Jarvis Jones, but he could be as productive.

7. Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Missouri

As the consensus No. 1 prospect in 2012, Dorial Green-Beckham didnít live up to his lofty expectations.

Instead of being an impact receiver as Mizzou transitioned to the SEC, Green-Beckham was overwhelmed by the speed and physical play.

He has drawn comparisons to some of the gameís best like Calvin Johnson and Julio Jones, so if he can live up to the hype he will definitely be a breakout player in 2013.

8. Noah Spence, DE, Ohio State

The former 5-star prospect played in all 12 Ohio State games last fall, but his stats didnít jump off the page.

In the spring game, Spence caught the attention of many with his play. Now Urban Meyer expects even more from his start defender.

He made life miserable on the offensive line and picked up three sacks in the spring game.

9. Mario Edwards, DE, Florida State

Mario Edwards thought he would sit out the 2012 season on a redshirt after arriving on campus out of shape. An injury to Brandon Jenkins forced the FSU coaches to let him play.

Now heís lighter and ready to live up to the high expectations the coaching staff have placed on him.

Edwards was considered by many to be the top high school player so it shouldnít come as a big surprise that this guy has big-time talent. But now that he has a better grasp on what he needs to do to be successful at this level, watch out for his progress.

10. Blake Bell, QB, Oklahoma

Chris Huston at HeismanPundit.com has already tabbed Blake Bell as a dark horse candidate for the Heisman, and thatís before Bell has even officially been named the starter for 2013.

At 6-foot-6, 263 pounds, he has earned the nickname of Belldozer. He has rushed for 24 touchdowns the past two seasons. But now heís planning to lead the Soonersí offense with his arm also.

He completed 14-of-23 passes for 213 yards and two scores in OUís spring game. If he continues to improve Bell could be the next superstar quarterback for Bob Stoops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited to watch Blake Bell play. I think they can make the passing game easy enough for him to be successful and it should be exciting to see how the system adapts to his running abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
7. Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Missouri

As the consensus No. 1 prospect in 2012, Dorial Green-Beckham didn’t live up to his lofty expectations.

Instead of being an impact receiver as Mizzou transitioned to the SEC, Green-Beckham was overwhelmed by the speed and physical play.

He has drawn comparisons to some of the game’s best like Calvin Johnson and Julio Jones, so if he can live up to the hype he will definitely be a breakout player in 2013.
Of all of the 5* freshmen I think he was easily the most underwhelming his freshman year. I had concerns about his transition to college based on the level of HS competition he faced but never thought he'd put up less than 500 yards receiving. Looking at his numbers though I also wonder if the Mizzou coaches know how to most utilize his skills. I could see him being one of those players who seems meh in college, makes it to the NFL based on reputation and measureables who turns into a Pro Bowler.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some guys i'm expecting big things from this year:

Josh Shirley lb, Wash.
Mike Campanaro wr, Wake Forest.
Cassius Marsh DE, UCLA.
Nate Potter wr, Boise St.
Vinny Sunsieri S, Alabama
Brett Hundley QB, UCLA
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafon Diggs already considered a break out as a FR? I expect a huge year for him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I'm excited to watch Blake Bell play. I think they can make the passing game easy enough for him to be successful and it should be exciting to see how the system adapts to his running abilities.
Don't be too excited for Blake. I may be proven wrong, but this is what I've heard/been told. A former collegiate/NFL QB & collegiate coach, who's name I will keep anonymous, he's one of my best friends dads, told me he is one of the worst throwing QBs he's seen. I don't want to divulge too much into it, but long story short, in a passing offense that OU runs, the other QBs available were a better option by far. Unless this offense is completely changed from the Landry Jones/Sam Bradford days, I am pretty confident that he's going to struggle. I live(d) in Norman about a quarter-mile from the stadium so I've been following OU football my whole life, and this is the most uncertain we've been since Rhett Bomar was kicked off the team.

But my personal "breakout" players from TCU are going to be Ja'Juan Story, the WR transfer from Florida who's just a freak athlete, and Josh Doctson, a WR transfer from Wyoming. I'm a big fan of both of them. I would've told you David Jenkins until he decided that committing a felony was more important than football.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post

Josh Shirley lb, Wash.
Cassius Marsh DE, UCLA.
Brett Hundley QB, UCLA
vinny is a bit like kenny vaccaro, just doesnt have the physical talent to ever really be good

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As an Ole Miss fan it pains me to awlays fill these lists with Alabama players, but that is just the way it goes for the tide. Adrien Hubbard has already made a mark on the Tide defense, but they've been saying if he could "put it together" he will be a force. That is probably going to happen this year, he has all of the talent in the world and looks like the prototypical 3-4 OLB.

Amari Cooper was a stud as a freshman, but he is going to set the SEC on fire this season. CB Geno Smith has high expectations as well.

Now that I got that out of the way, I can be a homer. Donte Moncrief is starting to get some attention, but he will be a household name by the season's end. Here are some guys who will breakout for Ole Miss this year.

-DT Issac Gross: Started as a true freshman last year, weighing 260. Had a great freshman year and has put on some weight, the fact that Gross even competed in the interior DL at that weight as a freshman is mind blowing. He looked great and I expect huge things out of him in 2013.

-S Cody Prewitt: Denzel Nkemdiche got a lot of attention as a S/LB last year and rightfully so, but Prewitt had a great year as well. He has all of the tools you look for and has really started to come together as a player. Very well rounded and fearless. Lots of talent.

-DE/LB CJ Johnson: Another guy who had a big season but not many people know of him outside of Oxford. That will change this year. Former top middle linebacker recruit who was moved to end and has thrived getting after the QB.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post

Josh Shirley lb, Wash.
Cassius Marsh DE, UCLA.
Brett Hundley QB, UCLA
I'm a big fan of that kid.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landon Collins. That is all.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Landon Collins. That is all.
I forgot about him. Screw you guys, you have a damn pro team. Scary thing is that I am sure the best things are yet to come for the Tide.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as you guys stay on the rise I will be pleased as well. I think I'm more interested to see who can knock Bama off this year compared to if they will 3 peat or not.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 06-18-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's who I'm excited to see and who I think will breakout
  • Brandon Williams, Texas A&M - Interested in seeing if he'll get a lot of carries with Michael gone
  • Eddie Goldman, FSU
  • Jameis Winston, FSU
  • Chris Black, Alabama
  • Dee Hart, Alabama - If he can stay healthy I'm interested in seeing if he can be used as an up temo back who can catch the ball out of the backfield and spell Yeldon
  • Barry Sanders Jr, Stanford
  • Amara Darboh and Jehu Chesson, Michigan

Last edited by Jcn92 : 12-01-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Jcn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
Here's who I'm excited to see and who I think will breakout
  • Brandon Williams, Texas A&M - Interested in seeing if he'll get a lot of carries with Michael
  • Eddie Goldman, FSU
  • Jameis Winston, FSU
  • Chris Black, Alabama
  • Dee Hart, Alabama - If he can stay healthy I'm interested in seeing if he can be used as an up temo back who can catch the ball out of the backfield and spell Yeldon
  • Barry Sanders Jr, Stanford
  • Amara Darboh and Jehu Chesson, Michigan
I'm surprised he hasn't transferred yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Naw he has more talent in his pinky toe then Phillip Sims had in his entire body.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 06-19-2013, 06:51 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
As an Ole Miss fan it pains me to awlays fill these lists with Alabama players, but that is just the way it goes for the tide. Adrien Hubbard has already made a mark on the Tide defense, but they've been saying if he could "put it together" he will be a force. That is probably going to happen this year, he has all of the talent in the world and looks like the prototypical 3-4 OLB.

Amari Cooper was a stud as a freshman, but he is going to set the SEC on fire this season. CB Geno Smith has high expectations as well.

Now that I got that out of the way, I can be a homer. Donte Moncrief is starting to get some attention, but he will be a household name by the season's end. Here are some guys who will breakout for Ole Miss this year.

-DT Issac Gross: Started as a true freshman last year, weighing 260. Had a great freshman year and has put on some weight, the fact that Gross even competed in the interior DL at that weight as a freshman is mind blowing. He looked great and I expect huge things out of him in 2013.
-S Cody Prewitt: Denzel Nkemdiche got a lot of attention as a S/LB last year and rightfully so, but Prewitt had a great year as well. He has all of the tools you look for and has really started to come together as a player. Very well rounded and fearless. Lots of talent.

-DE/LB CJ Johnson: Another guy who had a big season but not many people know of him outside of Oxford. That will change this year. Former top middle linebacker recruit who was moved to end and has thrived getting after the QB.

Really like this kid. As a Bama guy it was tough to watch him whip up on Barrett Jones last year.

BTW, I think Ole Miss has a chance to finish 3rd in the SEC West this year. That's a well coached football team that's beginning to accumulate some outstanding SEC talent.

Good days on the horizon for Ole Miss.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
FootballFreak
Rookie

FootballFreak hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hundley will be having a big year
FootballFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
Don't be too excited for Blake. I may be proven wrong, but this is what I've heard/been told. A former collegiate/NFL QB & collegiate coach, who's name I will keep anonymous, he's one of my best friends dads, told me he is one of the worst throwing QBs he's seen. I don't want to divulge too much into it, but long story short, in a passing offense that OU runs, the other QBs available were a better option by far. Unless this offense is completely changed from the Landry Jones/Sam Bradford days, I am pretty confident that he's going to struggle. I live(d) in Norman about a quarter-mile from the stadium so I've been following OU football my whole life, and this is the most uncertain we've been since Rhett Bomar was kicked off the team.

But my personal "breakout" players from TCU are going to be Ja'Juan Story, the WR transfer from Florida who's just a freak athlete, and Josh Doctson, a WR transfer from Wyoming. I'm a big fan of both of them. I would've told you David Jenkins until he decided that committing a felony was more important than football.
Somewhat accurate statement, but if the guy is smart and can win games then Stoops will roll with him. He saw what a player like Collin Klein can do, and it's largely why Stoops started using Bell in the first place.

As for my breakout player, I think it's going to be whoever plays QB for Kansas State. Both are more talented than Collin Klein, Jake Waters led his team to a JUCO Championship last season, and is a very accurate QB while Daniel Sams is a speedster (4.3 40) in the mold of Braxton Miller. It will be interesting to see which QB wins the battle, as both are completely opposite style QBs
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was coming to mention Jonathan Gray glad he was included. Love his skillset, seems like he'll be our version of Jonathan Frankliln for UCLA. Great vision and balance, well rounded skillset, they are already talking about expanding his role big time.

Also I really like the talent of Kenyan Drake. He will probably fly under the radar because of TJ Yeldon and now Derrick Henry but he's got some sick acceleration and explosion and it's only a matter of time before he starts to get noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
WhiteBread
Rookie

WhiteBread is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhiteBread is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhiteBread is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhiteBread is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhiteBread is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhiteBread is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhiteBread is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhiteBread is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhiteBread is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhiteBread is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhiteBread is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chaz Sutton, DE, South Carolina. He'll be replacing Devin Taylor. He's more athletic than Taylor was and with the attention Clowney and Quarles (another candidate for a breakout player) will be getting, he'll get his share of one on one opportunities to put up some solid numbers.
WhiteBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:28 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kenny Lawler, WR Cal rFR

In the new Air Raid offense, he's gonna blow up and lead the team in receiving. Great successor to Keenan Allen.

Kenneth Scott, WR Utah, rJr

Most talented WR on the roster ever since he got to Utah. DeVonte Christopher is gone. Travis Wilson is gonna love throwing jumpballs to Scott.

norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott had some insane grabs last year. Good choice.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tank Morrison, Florida LB
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His name is Antonio.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote