Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-15-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wheeler has nothing else to learn in the minors. Can't wait for Tuesday night!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Wheeler has nothing else to learn in the minors. Can't wait for Tuesday night!
Zak excited to see Zack?
Old 06-18-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wheeler, Harvey, Niese. That's a fine top 3. I would trade Gee if we could get a decent bat for him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-18-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean, if we could get something decent for him I wouldn't be opposed. Otherwise, keep him and have a really talented/young top 4 pitching rotation. You can't go wrong with that.

Just have to get those bats to develop. Also, I know he's not ready yet, but where will Flores stick for us position wise? I'll be curious to see how that turns out.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't see a fit for Flores unless it's 2B. Reports on his D have been poor though I believe.

Also we still have Montero who will be up at some point next year also. We'll have cheap SP which will let us spend on those bats.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-18-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Montero might be trade bait. But we have A TON of pitching in the minors. All kinds of pitching.

Bats ... well it might be getting better with a possible emergence of Cesar Puello and Travis Taijeron (Zak knows that I've always been high on him). Wilmer should be called up some time this year, although his position is questionable (maybe even 1b at this point).

Majority of our most interesting bats is in lower levels and probably multiple years away.

If we are to compete in the next couple of years, we'll have trade young pitching for bats.

Last edited by MaxV : 06-18-2013 at 10:29 PM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No we have to keep Montero. He is pretty much one of the few minor league guys I know about lol
Old 06-18-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Hmm, I'm interested to see where, if anywhere, Flores sticks. I think we should give him some time at first base. Why not? Who knows what happens with Ike? Or is because Ike is there does that limit the opportunity to let him play first base?

What about the outfield? Has that been tried at all? I don't see why we can't try him there. I mean, if he isn't good defensively at second base like Zak said, why not try some other things?
Old 06-18-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way is Wilmer an OFer. He runs in one spot too long.

He does have some quickness though, which makes him an ok infielder, just not ideal for middle infield.

Either 3b or 1b. But people question whether he'll hit for enough power to be a corner infielder. 3b is probably his ideal position. He has the hands, quickness and arm for it, and it is a more premium position then 1b. But he certainly won't be a 3b with the Mets.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The problem with Flores at 1B is power production. At best he's probably a 20 HR guy and we're already lacking HR power all over the field. Flores in the OF is a non starter. He's a grade 20 runner haha.

Montero I have a good feeling about. I would like to keep him. If we trade him for someone like Carlos Gonzalez though then I'd be fine.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-18-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We also just traded Colin McHugh for Eric Young Jr. I like the idea behind the trade.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-18-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I mean, I wouldn't complain if Flores gave us 20 HRs from 1B. Especially if he plays well defensively there. Plus, it's not like he still can't fill out more with his height and body type.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

If Flores can be a Murphy-esque 2b it would be fine by me. He has more upside with the bat then Murphy.

Eric Young could be a solid addition.

I like Montero also. I didn't mean to suggest that he doesn't have future with the Mets. It's just there is a ton of pitching on the way and we can afford to unload someone like him. But I wouldn't be against keeping him either. He doesn't have the same upside as Harvey or Wheeler, but he can be a very good #3.

BTW, I forgot about Travis d'Arnaud. Another bat who should be called up soon, once he is healthy.

Last edited by MaxV : 06-18-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Luis Mateo underwent Tommy John. He could have been a quick mover if he had stayed healthy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-20-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

That sucks. Hopefully he comes back strong.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Nice start so far by Wheeler. I hope this means he is adjusting.

Harvey. Wheeler.

Syndergaard, it's your turn.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Noah 2nd half of next year if all goes well. Him and Montero will hit their IP limit for the year some time in the next month and a half.

What do you guys think about trading Parnell?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-10-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Noah 2nd half of next year if all goes well. Him and Montero will hit their IP limit for the year some time in the next month and a half.

What do you guys think about trading Parnell?
If someone is offering a top prospects, especially a hitter, then yes.

Otherwise, I think we should just hold on to him.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Awesome start for Mejia today.

I hope that means we have another beast on our hands.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Welcome back Mejia!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-26-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and Ike hit an awkward looking HR.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

A MUST READ article.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...y-its-the-mets
Old 08-21-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We have the pitching. We just need a few bats. Things are finally looking like we might have turned the corner.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-01-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

BaseballAmerica's version of Mets' top 10.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...-10-prospects/
Old 11-01-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's about right. Very close to the NYFS top 10 we did! We have soooooo much pitching.

sig by BoneKrusher