If you played Magic: The Gathering, or any of the millions of TCGs that came after it, you might be interested in a new upcoming game Blizzard is developing for PC/tablets.
What is Hearthstone?
Hearthstone is a free-to-play digital strategy card game that anyone can enjoy. Players choose to play as one of nine epic Warcraft® heroes, and then take turns playing cards from their customizable decks to cast potent spells, use heroic weapons or abilities, or summon powerful characters to crush their opponent.
It's in the alpha/friends and family stage right now, but beta is starting very soon. To sign up all you need is a battle.net account and to opt in. I know quite a few people here love TCGs, and I know they're going to be playing at launch, so I figured it'd be great to have a place with some helpful links and to talk about deck builds/theorycrafting.
If you have any questions, drop em in this thread and I'll try to answer as best as I can.
Main site: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/
- This is where you'll sign up for the beta. Like I said above, all you'll need is a battle.net account.
- Standard FAQ, but gives you a good idea of what to expect.
Hearthstone Reddit page: http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/new/
- Decent discussion going on so far here.
Hearthstone Wiki: http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Hearthstone_Wiki
- A little underdeveloped at the moment but it still has some useful information.
- The best site I've found for Hearthstone so far. It has constant updates, every card in the db (so far), and the best deck builder I've seen. It also has a Forge builder, which is the Hearthstone equivalent of booster drafts.