Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-20-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Official Hearthstone Thread

If you played Magic: The Gathering, or any of the millions of TCGs that came after it, you might be interested in a new upcoming game Blizzard is developing for PC/tablets.

What is Hearthstone?

Hearthstone is a free-to-play digital strategy card game that anyone can enjoy. Players choose to play as one of nine epic Warcraft® heroes, and then take turns playing cards from their customizable decks to cast potent spells, use heroic weapons or abilities, or summon powerful characters to crush their opponent.

It's in the alpha/friends and family stage right now, but beta is starting very soon. To sign up all you need is a battle.net account and to opt in. I know quite a few people here love TCGs, and I know they're going to be playing at launch, so I figured it'd be great to have a place with some helpful links and to talk about deck builds/theorycrafting.

If you have any questions, drop em in this thread and I'll try to answer as best as I can.

LINK SECTION:

Main site: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/

- This is where you'll sign up for the beta. Like I said above, all you'll need is a battle.net account.

FAQ: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/faq/#q1a

- Standard FAQ, but gives you a good idea of what to expect.

Hearthstone Reddit page: http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/new/

- Decent discussion going on so far here.

Hearthstone Wiki: http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Hearthstone_Wiki

- A little underdeveloped at the moment but it still has some useful information.

Hearthpwn: http://www.hearthpwn.com/

- The best site I've found for Hearthstone so far. It has constant updates, every card in the db (so far), and the best deck builder I've seen. It also has a Forge builder, which is the Hearthstone equivalent of booster drafts.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 06-20-2013 at 06:14 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VIDEO SECTION:

** Warning: These guys are kinda nerdy, but they show a lot of different builds/combos and answer a lot of questions. **

Hearthstone shoutcast: Mage vs. Shaman

Hearthstone shoutcast:
Rogue vs. Druid

Hearthstone shoutcast: Paladin vs. Warrior

Hearthstone Live (May 9th): Priest vs. Druid

Hearthstone Live (May 9th): Hunter vs. Shaman

Hearthstone Live (May 9th): Rogue vs. Druid

Hearthstone Live (May 9th): Warrior vs. Paladin

Last edited by vidae : 06-20-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty excited for this. Druid deck a-go-go!

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gah... I was fully expecting it to be released since there is a thread.

Way to get my hopes up Vidae.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post

Haha, my bad, just figured I'd try to get people excited so we could talk about different deck builds/combos before the game comes out.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:09 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damnit vidae.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It's really sad that so many of you automatically thought the game was out because of a thread. Really sad!

Old 06-21-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really!

I don't really research games as more often than not it makes me want the game more and I don't want to wait. So in this case I have not been following any news on the game as I would prefer to just get it when it comes out instead of sitting there with bated breath.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

With a game like Hearthstone that is the worst approach to take though. You can pre-plan decks and look at interesting combos so you're ready when launch day hits. I like to know as much as I possibly can before something launches so I can hit the ground running.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
With a game like Hearthstone that is the worst approach to take though. You can pre-plan decks and look at interesting combos so you're ready when launch day hits. I like to know as much as I possibly can before something launches so I can hit the ground running.
I like to do that a week before. Not months.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This. Besides, I've begun playing MTG and WoH again so my quota for card games is met at the present moment, haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-21-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Well the beta is dropping any day now, unless you're just not interested in playing beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
This. Besides, I've begun playing MTG and WoH again so my quota for card games is met at the present moment, haha
I was going to start playing M:TGO but then I started to read some of the new cards / abilities / sets / etc, and it was overwhelming, so I gave up on that.

And WoH = poop!

Old 06-21-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Well if I get in the beta that is a different story.

Then I will be talking with you on GChat for hours lol.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Well if I get in the beta that is a different story.

Then I will be talking with you on GChat for hours lol.
I hope at least one of us does get into the beta.. I don't even care who it ends up being. Having some inside information with how things work would be awesome.

Cool newish info about the crafting system. You can't trade cards (as of right now) but I don't really mind that much to be honest. At least not with the system they have in place.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/...rust-6-20-2013

Last edited by vidae : 06-21-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Well the beta is dropping any day now, unless you're just not interested in playing beta.
I don't remember if I signed up for trying to get into the beta, I'll have to double check that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae
I was going to start playing M:TGO but then I started to read some of the new cards / abilities / sets / etc, and it was overwhelming, so I gave up on that.
Yea, me and a buddy of mine were playing last weekend and we were talking about how much the game has changed. The creatures are all getting bigger with more abilities for less mana and less drawback. True 'strategy' is a thing of the past in standard anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae
And WoH = poop!
Bruiser is REALLY strong now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-21-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I've seen some of the new Bruiser stuff, and that's cool and all, but there is still absolutely zero strategy to the game and that completely killed the desire I had to keep playing it.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

New patch to their internal servers if anyone is actually following this thread!

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/39-hea...e-beta-patch-1

Old 06-24-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

There will be a Hearthstone shoutcast on Thursday at 12pm CST if anyone is interested in watching the devs showcase some of the game.

And no, the game still isn't in beta! ,,|,, to Cain!

Old 08-16-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Update: Hearthstone beta is starting today, apparently. No emails have been sent yet, but check em throughout the day.

If you get in and I don't, I hate you.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you want to play a game with Vidae and Cain and then get abandoned when everyone is starting to do good but they have moved on because they have short attention spans. Play this.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
If you want to play a game with Vidae and Cain and then get abandoned when everyone is starting to do good but they have moved on because they have short attention spans. Play this.
When have I ever done this? :P

Old 08-17-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Come on Wally you basically gave up on WoH at the same time.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't heard of this one. I don't have much time for games anymore but I did play a ccg called Shadow Era for awhile and it was pretty good. You guys should check it out also if you like mtg.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote