Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Jordan never played in a game 7 in the finals.

4-1, 4-2, 4-2, 4-2, 4-2, 4-2

Kobe and LBJ have and have also both lost once in the finals.

/GOAT
So by your notion, Jordan never shot any clutch shots. How can you shoot clutch shots when you're up in a series? No pressure.

#BertLogic
Old 06-20-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jordan never played in a game 7 in the finals.

4-1, 4-2, 4-2, 4-2, 4-2, 4-2

Kobe and LBJ have and have also both lost once in the finals.

/GOAT
Kobe and LBJ have actually both lost twice. Just FYI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
So by your notion, Jordan never shot any clutch shots. How can you shoot clutch shots when you're up in a series? No pressure.

#BertLogic
never said that. but keep reaching.

#GOAT
#BertLogic
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly... I think LeBron is better than Kobe ever was right now. There is no question he plays defense at a considerably higher level and he is at least on par offensively (Bryant a better pure scorer but Bron is a much better passer).

He still has a ways to go to get near Jordan but Bron is the best perimeter player that I've personally watched not named Jordan.

PS... I'm talking about ability, not career achievements.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
never said that. but keep reaching.

#GOAT
#BertLogic
Offensive foul... not clutch because refs bailed him out

Troll initiated!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to turn this into the #GOAT argument right now, but one thing I have always made sure to bring up is to remember that MJ missed two of his prime years, to play baseball.

Could have very well been 2 more MVP's and 2 more championships.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How bout we wait till LeBron is over 30 to have that discussion.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Honestly... I think LeBron is better than Kobe ever was right now. There is no question he plays defense at a considerably higher level and he is at least on par offensively (Bryant a better pure scorer but Bron is a much better passer).

He still has a ways to go to get near Jordan but Bron is the best perimeter player that I've personally watched not named Jordan.

PS... I'm talking about ability, not career achievements.
...I don't think I agree but I'll let this stew for a bit and see what I feel in the morning. My gut says that Kobe's absolute lethality because of how insanely polished his offensive game became should give him the nod, especially since he was a great defender in his prime in his own right. But I may be letting my LBJ hate seep in a little too much right now.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
What's the point in arguing who was worse? Yet again Ginobili proved to be the closer for the Heat, with awful turnover after awful turnover. At least Green contributed on defense. Both were complete ****, but Ginobili got worse when the stage got bigger, and that's unforgivable.
Why did they keep giving Manu the ball to drive to the hole in the most clutch situations? As if that hasn't resulted in a turnover 90% of the time already, but they kept sitting Parker and letting Manu run around and **** it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay Lebron won a title so now we can have even more bs arguments in the attempt to to compare him to Jordan.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I hate to turn this into the #GOAT argument right now, but one thing I have always made sure to bring up is to remember that MJ missed two of his prime years, to play baseball.

Could have very well been 2 more MVP's and 2 more championships.
That's very true. Plus I don't think Lebron is gonna win 6 rings anyway, I guess it's possible but the competition is pretty fierce. I could see him finishing with 4 maybe, but at some point Lebron won't be able to just will them to victories.

It still took a bunch of lucky bounces in game 6 off two shots he initially missed. I really don't think they'll win it next year either, 3 in a row is ridiculously hard and Miami as a team probably isn't good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:46 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

I think the Heat are going to have a rough time as well. The Pacers are a PG away, the Thunder were a Westbrook injury away from who knows what, and you got a few other teams who can give them fits, such as a D Rose led Bulls team.

Quote:
Old 06-20-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The worst part of all this is Shane ******* battier won another ring. I dont think he's ever shot a three without falling on the floor.

This loss hurts...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Bron's biggest problem is his support cast. Wade is slowing rapidly and just doesn't look to be a guy who is going to have a long career, hasn't got the type of game that generally ages gracefully.

Bosh isn't very good, he is a solid role player but he is a cap killer in all honesty when you compare cost to production/ability.

Let's not forget that Jordan never won a title until Pippen became the 2nd best perimeter player in the league alongside him, hell until LeBron came along Pippen was the best SF I'd ever seen play (too young for Bird). LeBron just seems to be getting better but his support cast is falling away and Riley really needs to address that this year if they want to go back. Chalmers was damn close to being their 2nd best player in this series. Have to think the Pacers and Thunder are both going to improve this year.

Not sure what they can get for Bosh or if they want to trade him but that seems to make the most sense to me.

Props to BK on the sig!
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All time greats

vvvv

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
The worst part of all this is Shane ******* battier won another ring. I dont think he's ever shot a three without falling on the floor.

This loss hurts...
In fairness... Battier has never done anything on a basketball court without falling to the floor.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:55 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So now Larry Bird isnt an all time great?
Old 06-20-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hes not top 6, and i do 6 person sigs lol

hes 7, with Duncan 8 and Shaq 9 for me

edit: though i might add larry so that I can have this lebron pic in the center. just seems like it would look better.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
So now Larry Bird isnt an all time great?
I mean its hard to argue leaving out any of those guys...including Bird. So are you just nitpicking or?

Quote:
Old 06-21-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

So that is your rankings Lebron is better then Magic, Wilt, and Larry Bird?
Old 06-21-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I mean its hard to argue leaving out any of those guys...including Bird. So are you just nitpicking or?
It really is a general question of does he actually believe Lebron is better then Bird. I personally don't care if he does fell that way just curious.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

I would have Magic over Kareem, but might just be me.

Quote:
Old 06-21-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am sooooo naked right now....
Old 06-21-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
It really is a general question of does he actually believe Lebron is better then Bird. I personally don't care if he does fell that way just curious.
I do. Larry is obviously amazing, but I think LeBron over these last two years has jumped him.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to LeBron. Deserved to win.

Now my Thunder are a new coach (I hate Brooks, maybe not) and a draft pick/trade of Perkins away from a title. D-Wade isn't getting any younger and Bosh is just... Bosh.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote