Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now it's official. Bishop has been cut

Really hope Manning steps up because that is one soft ILB duo the Packers are boasting
Old 06-17-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bishop is headed to Minnesota right now, could be on the field for them as soon as tomorrow as their minicamp starts tomorrow.

He has a chip on his shoulder now.

DO NOT BOO him though as he WANTED to stay a Packer.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Bishop is headed to Minnesota right now, could be on the field for them as soon as tomorrow as their minicamp starts tomorrow.

He has a chip on his shoulder now.

DO NOT BOO him though as he WANTED to stay a Packer.
I think Minnesota or Kansas City will be his landing spot.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings are courting a former Packer. I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:01 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol yeah what a surprise!

I basically just peg every former packer to end up on the Vikings
Old 06-20-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When does our camp convene?
Mid-July?
Old 06-20-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When does our camp convene?
Mid-July?
July 26th...

Old 06-20-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
July 26th...
Damn, that's a long time of... nothing. Someone stay close to Jolly!
Old 06-24-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Bishop signed with Minnesota

Old 06-24-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I am shocked that a former packer signed with the Vikes
Old 06-24-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Longwell, Ferguson, Sharper, Farve, Jennings, Bishop.... am I missing any?
I know they went after Jenkins and Kampman too.

It's going to really add some extra fuel to this rivalry this season.

But we don't play them til week 8, and probly at least one of those guys (Jennings, Bishop) will be out by then.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

BTW, I love to see the Hernandez situation totally blow up the Patriots.
Couldn't have happened to a more perfect organization. Only the Vikings would make me feel any more tickled.

Kevin Seifert just asked if we'd trade Finley to them for a 2nd round pick.
I said no way, nothing less than a 1 from them would get me to even consider it.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:58 AM    (permalink
rvns
Rookie

rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would EVER pay a 1st for An inconsistant tight end
rvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:47 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvns View Post
Who would EVER pay a 1st for An inconsistant tight end
The Patriots certainly wouldn't.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:50 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BTW, I love to see the Hernandez situation totally blow up the Patriots.
Couldn't have happened to a more perfect organization. Only the Vikings would make me feel any more tickled.

Kevin Seifert just asked if we'd trade Finley to them for a 2nd round pick.
I said no way, nothing less than a 1 from them would get me to even consider it.
Please tell me you're not serious.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Please tell me you're not serious.
I'm not saying they'd do it.
I'm saying I would not trade Finley for a 2nd rd pick. For sure. Plus a 2nd from NE is always around the 60 range.
He's worth more than that to us at this point in time.

Are you saying you'd deal him for that pick in the 2nd round next year? I didn't think so.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He sucks. He has one year left on his contract. He probably isn't going to be here next season. He's making $8M. He sucks.

Seriously. 60 for Jermichael Finley.. I'd take 90. Look at who we got in the last two drafts. Eddie Lacy and Casey Hayward. Younger, better and cheaper players.

J-Mike.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
rvns
Rookie

rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take a pick around 60 and a 5th any day of the week. I do not see the packers bringing him back even if he has a stellar year.
rvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
He sucks. He has one year left on his contract. He probably isn't going to be here next season. He's making $8M. He sucks.

Seriously. 60 for Jermichael Finley.. I'd take 90. Look at who we got in the last two drafts. Eddie Lacy and Casey Hayward. Younger, better and cheaper players.

J-Mike.
The team feels otherwise.
I agree with the team on this one.

Also, we got Randall Cobb with a pick after 60 too. Not bad.
We'll see if Lacy can be another gem in the 60's for us. He might not have to with DuJuan and Franklin here.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can you agree with the team on a hypothetical trade offer? I'm pretty sure the Packer's front office has not weighed in on this discussion.

Look the last couple weeks have made me realize that I will gladly take #88's propensity to spout off on Twitter and drop some balls over the crap the Patriots are dealing with right now, but I'd still take a pick in the 60s for him.

I don't think the Packers are going to compete with the money he can get on the open market based on what some fairly average TEs got this past offseason. But reality is as far as anyone outside of the Packers front office knows no offers have been made and I doubt any will be coming.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

It just seems to me that the team believes in Finley, and they look like they want to sign him long term.
We'll see.

I do worry he's lost his speed.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Also, where is everyone here?
Everyone go on vacation all summer?

Talk to me about what you think's gonna happen with the RB position.

I anticipate Starks is gone.

I think they want to keep Alex Green, if he looks fully recovered and healthy, which he better be by now.

I love DuJuan Harris, because of what he actually did. But I worry the team will favor Green because they invested a fairly high pick in him.

I want:
  1. Lacy
  2. Franklin
  3. Harris
  4. Green

But I suspect they only will keep 3.
And I hope they don't have Alex ahead of Harris, strictly because we've seen what Harris can do. I'll take 16 games of what he did at San Fran in the playoff game.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

With Lacy in the fold, I think the team keeps four backs and Kuhn gets cut because he doesn't provide the team with anything unique any longer.

Harris will strictly be a change-of-pace back getting 6 to 8 carries a game. What hurts him the most is Lacy and Franklin both displayed in college the ability to be three down backs and they're more complete backs than he is.

Last edited by princefielder28 : 07-03-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Gary Knafelc made some noise by saying the NFL is waiting for the old players to die off so they don't have to face the legal scrutiny of having to support those who have had altered lives due to their time in NFL. Is he probably right to a certain extent? I think there's probably some truth to what he thinks but I don't think his words will generate much buzz.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Tricky stuff.
A lot of soldiers suffer down the road. They too knew what they were getting into, for the most part. It's tough stuff.

With the NFL glory comes some serious physical risks. That's not a secret.

I do think a higher % of NFL moneys should go to the old-timers though. These modern players are spoiled rotten, and they act like it.
They also have the best medical care offered usually (Cleveland Browns the exception haha).

But the guys from yesteryear when they were told to "suck it up" and get out there have been F'd over.

I was hoping Ditka would get more to the old guys from the new guys somehow. A tax or something.