Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-25-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I pretty much killed Firefly but I almost went in the exact opposite way as you even though we pretty much like the same stuff from that list.
Those were some of the bands that I made sure to get a close spot to the stage. Unfortunately that meant I had to watch the Avett Bros, Django Django, the Joy Formidable, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Tom Petty etc. from the back b/c of the crowds.

The music and camping was a great experience, but I got sick of the overwhelming crowds pretty quickly. With that said, I'll probably go back next year since its only 4 hours away and I assume they'll have a great lineup again. I just wish they sell less tickets.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it sounds like they tripled the crowd from last year. I got pretty close for Joy Formidable and Django Django and they were both great. The Crystal Fighters put on the best show for me though.

The main acts it was almost impossible to get a good spot unless you camped in one place all day. I thought everything was very well organized though and I didn't see too many people going "crazy." The Heineken Dome they had near the main stage has been re-named the Douche Dome. Terrible spot for that and that was my one complaint.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Daft Punk remixes Daft Punk.
http://open.spotify.com/track/6piFKF6WvM6ZZLmi2Vz8Vt

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Massive leap from Dye it Blonde. Just ******* wow.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:30 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah it sounds like they tripled the crowd from last year. I got pretty close for Joy Formidable and Django Django and they were both great. The Crystal Fighters put on the best show for me though.

The main acts it was almost impossible to get a good spot unless you camped in one place all day. I thought everything was very well organized though and I didn't see too many people going "crazy." The Heineken Dome they had near the main stage has been re-named the Douche Dome. Terrible spot for that and that was my one complaint.
I heard the camping experience was something closer to tailgating for a Philly concert this year from a friend who went, kinda makes me glad I held off, especially now that I heard about the crowd being much larger. (I doubt it was 3x as many people as 2012, It was pretty full, but who knows, from the pictures I've seen it was definitely a lot more full this year)

I will be checking out the lineup for that to see if I'll make another visit to Dover next year. I'm glad it seems like you guys who went had a good festival. Now you just gotta get down to Bonnaroo, which is a whole other atmosphere, completely.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Now you just gotta get down to Bonnaroo, which is a whole other atmosphere, completely.
Yeah I think I'll go there next year instead of Firefly. Did you get a chance to see Two Gallants?
Old 07-03-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Came out 10 years ago today...

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...3&feature=plcp
Old 07-03-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:58 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
Yeah I think I'll go there next year instead of Firefly. Did you get a chance to see Two Gallants?
Unfortunately I wasn't able to, they were playing during Lord Huron. I'd be disappointed I missed them, but Lord Huron was one of my favorite shows of Roo. Still would've liked to see them, if they would've been playing a little earlier I would've at least been able to catch a decent part of their set, but these are the problems you run into at a music festival, lol. The very definition of first world problems, because you know you'll enjoy whichever decision you make.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So last night I saw Jimmy Eat World, Cat Empire and The Black Keys at Bluesfest. Jimmy Eat World were fine for guys playing tunes that came out in 2001, they know who they are and put on a solid show. Cat Empire were absolutely terrific live, one of the most entertaining bands I've ever seen on stage, combined with an incredibly unique sound. If you ever get a chance to see them, do it. You won't regret it.

The Black Keys never cease to amaze me. The sound was all screwed up for the first song or two of their set, but once they figured it out it was overdrive from there until the end of the show. Played all the hits and absolutely nailed each one, and Dan Auerbach always plays a real solo live rather than just laying down what was on the album, so you always get something new and ******* unreal with their classic tunes. Absolutely spectacular show.

Next week is Rush and BB King. Perhaps even Wutang.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:25 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Soak it all in, BB King is an opportunity not many people will have much longer. You could even say the same about Rush, honestly. (hopefully not for either of them)

Old 07-05-2013, 08:38 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no "perhaps Wu-Tang." There is only Wu-Tang.

Rush was probably the most I ever enjoyed an arena show. I haven't really been to more than a couple of those, though. Just not very appealing.

Black Keys will be here on Monday for an outdoor show with The Joy Formidable. Tegan and Sara are playing a separate show that day. Blergh.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
There is no "perhaps Wu-Tang." There is only Wu-Tang.

Rush was probably the most I ever enjoyed an arena show. I haven't really been to more than a couple of those, though. Just not very appealing.

Black Keys will be here on Monday for an outdoor show with The Joy Formidable. Tegan and Sara are playing a separate show that day. Blergh.
I missed Wu-Tang at Bonnaroo watching Wilco and positioning myself to get within about 100 feet of Paul McCartney (and I was almost as close for Wilco). I think that scenario is one of the few potentially acceptable situations for "perhaps Wu-Tang", but even there its a little murky.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Received word of this new tune from Moon Taxi, its real cool, more along the lines of their mellower music, but like most of their music, its got that BIG feel. I'm looking forward to the rest of this album.

The Arctic Monkeys also have new music out, for those of you that are into them, they do not disappoint, I'm excited for the rest of this album as well.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously folks, check out Cat Empire. Best thing out of Australia since Jet.

Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Saw Frank Turner, Flogging Molly and something called Zac Brown Band at Bluesfest last night. The first two were absolutely stellar, with Flogging Molly being particularly awesome, but Zac Brown Band were...pretty awful.
Quote:
Old 07-07-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am really excited to see Animal Collective and Weezer on Wednesday. Weezer put on a great show last time they were at Bluesfest and I can't wait to finally see Animal Collective live.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Saw Frank Turner, Flogging Molly and something called Zac Brown Band at Bluesfest last night. The first two were absolutely stellar, with Flogging Molly being particularly awesome, but Zac Brown Band were...pretty awful.
Hmm, ZBB is not a band I'd anticipate to be nothing less than incredible live. Was something wrong that you can pinpoint, or is it just not your cup of tea?

Old 07-08-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Hmm, ZBB is not a band I'd anticipate to be nothing less than incredible live. Was something wrong that you can pinpoint, or is it just not your cup of tea?
Well they're definitely not something I'd listen to on my own, but I find if someone puts on a good show I'll watch regardless, they were just really bland. Other than a strangely on point cover of Enter Sandman, they sounded pretty damn boring overall.

I'm going to see Rush tonight. Mother of God.
Quote:
Old 07-08-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
ugh, rush. so overrated.
but his drum set has so many pieces

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Seriously folks, check out Cat Empire. Best thing out of Australia since Jet.

Ah, I love the Cat Empire. Thanks for reminding me. It's been a good year or so since I've listened to them. This is the song that sold them for me:

Old 07-08-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ugh, rush. so overrated.
Really? All-time underrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
but his drum set has so many pieces
Being a drummer for 28 years and having studied music into my college years, I can promise that Peart isn't respected because of how many pieces his kit is.

Quote:
at least geddy lee can hit like, two total notes.
I'm just going to walk away.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
they have a drummer. i've never been impressed by anything else they've ever done.
I'm catching that you realize it's just opinion of a band you're not a fan of. That's cool. Just do me a favor...

play this on bass

and play keyboards

and sing

at the same time...

'Cause Geddy Lee does. Amazingly impressive ;)
Old 07-08-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm on a mash-up tear right now. I might post some more later but I had to post this one. Ridiculously good.