Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm having more fun than I thought. Nobody expects to catch you, but fantasy baseball is just fun.

Funny thing is, I look at your roster and I see areas where you could get better which is scary.
I'm not even attempting to negotiate trades. I have a huge lead in saves and could deal off multiple closers. Tulo got hurt and I see no reason to even pursue a better shortstop to replace him.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would anyone have a problem allowing catchers to be eligible for the IF position? It never made any sense to me that they aren't.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Would anyone have a problem allowing catchers to be eligible for the IF position? It never made any sense to me that they aren't.
Yeah. Me.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah. Me.
Why? Because your catchers suck? Make me an offer for Rosario and we'll kill two birds with one stone.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Catchers don't play the infield. Just complain that there is only one UTIL spot

Old 06-21-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why? Because your catchers suck? Make me an offer for Rosario and we'll kill two birds with one stone.
Your catchers suck too.

KCJ has a good idea. 2 UTL. I could dig that.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Your catchers suck too.
Both under 25 with career wOPA .340+ Mmkay.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of course I wouldn't have a problem, but neither ESPN or Yahoo allows for that. It's out of my hands.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not like you won the league multiple years in a row now. I think we should keep rosters same for next year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-25-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It's not like you won the league multiple years in a row now. I think we should keep rosters same for next year.
I say the last place team gets to choose a player from the first place team. First place team can protect 5 guys.

Second to last place team can choose a player from the second place team.
Second place team can protect 10 guys.

Cause let's be real here. Those bottom feeders aren't getting better through the unkept draft pool even if they got 2 first rounders or whatever they got last year.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a bad idea at all. I'm up for anything to keep things fun.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-25-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Prince and Yoda have been in the bottom 3 for three years in a row. I realize that nobody likes to be a jerk, and these are good guys, but you could give them 20 picks and they still wouldn't win.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

We are either keeping the current system or restarting fresh.

I refuse to engage in half measures to correct an obvious problem of competitiveness.

Last edited by Xiomera : 06-25-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

If you guys are so determined to hang on to a thread of these current rosters then maybe we can knock it down to just 3-5 keepers or so. But we're not doing things like having an uneven number of keepers per team or some crazy system of removing players from one team to give them to worse teams.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
We are either keeping the current system or restarting fresh.

I refuse to engage in half measures to correct an obvious problem of competitiveness.
Are we gonna do the draft the same way? Giving comp picks to the bad teams?
Old 06-25-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Are we gonna do the draft the same way? Giving comp picks to the bad teams?
Are we really going to make this decision on next year before the halfway point of this season?

If so, then I think it's pretty damn obvious we can't proceed without a full or nearly full reboot of the league. I'd like to think everyone won't completely quit on the remainder of this season.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Are we really going to make this decision on next year before the halfway point of this season?

If so, then I think it's pretty damn obvious we can't proceed without a full or nearly full reboot of the league. I'd like to think everyone won't completely quit on the remainder of this season.
Even though we're at the halfway point, there really is no reason to believe that the status quo will change. You got this. The next 4-5 of us will flip flop with each other and the bottom will likely remain unchanged. There might be a surprise or two, but just look at the season numbers. The gaps are quite huge.

I mean, I see your point... not wanting to answer that now in fear of guys quitting in order to secure comp picks... but I think you are overly concerned about that. I know I once quit in order to get a high pick, but in the end it didn't matter. Snake style drafts have a way of evening things out. Bigger thing is, I don't think the rest of the guys are like me in that they would do that. I think laziness is more likely to take over, but not to the extent that they purposely stop caring about the league.

My frustration is when guys don't even answer PMs *cough* MaxV *cough*. I mean seriously, I wondered what it would take for Kipnis when Utley went down. Never even got a PM back. Jughead won't even talk to me it seems. Have we just come to the point where everyone is at a deadend when it comes to trade talk?
Old 06-25-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I'm replacing people next season. No mercy shown this time.

I know I've got this locked up, but I would still like to have to bother to set my lineup the rest of the way because there are people out there still attempting to improve.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a trade just happened!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
Old 06-25-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

TRADEZ!!!!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-25-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prince wins that trade imo.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Agreed and I told him as much.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-25-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

GF wins the now. Prince wins the later. Trouble is, there's probably not going to be a later.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I hope Cole shows more than what he has so far for PF's sake.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

3/3 in W's. Stud prospect. Fair deal with PF for the win.

sig by BoneKrusher
Closed Thread