Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Way to **** over yourself and your team. I hate that all of this has happened, but unfortunately it did happen and this is the right move. Even if he didn't pull the trigger, get rid of him. It sucks but it has to happen.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, he isn't essential to the team. Brady can get by. Speaking of which, I wonder if Brady himself would get the boot as quickly if he was in the same predicament.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The New England Patriots issued the following statement: A young man was murdered last week and we extend our sympathies to the family and friends who mourn his loss. Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation. We realize that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing. We support their efforts and respect the process. At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Well, he isn't essential to the team. Brady can get by. Speaking of which, I wonder if Brady himself would get the boot as quickly if he was in the same predicament.
You can be like that, or you can realize the right move was made.

No one associated with the Pats likes this, but it was the right move. I'm proud to be a fan of a team that realizes that. Say "spygate" or this and that, but this was the right thing to do.

Feed Moncrief
Old 06-26-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know this is for another thread, but man the Pats better hope Gronk and Danny Amendola can stay healthy for the whole season...

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
You can be like that, or you can realize the right move was made.

No one associated with the Pats likes this, but it was the right move. I'm proud to be a fan of a team that realizes that. Say "spygate" or this and that, but this was the right thing to do.
"You can be like that" Meaning what?

Oh and I never implied the right decision wasn't being made. Not sure where you got that.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the Pats but I have to give them credit for kicking his ass off the team so fast.

Hernandez is such an idiot. He gets a free college education and then excels in the NFL to the point that he gets a fat contract extension with a Super Bowl contender, but he throws it all away because he wants to play gangster boss. Have fun in prison dumbass.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

"Oh it's not that big of a loss"

"OMG what if Brady killed somebody he wouldn't get cut!?!?1?"

For the first point, now all of our top 5 receivers from last season won't be there on opening day most likely. Hernandez is 23 and (was) a budding star who just got locked up. He has a ton of talent and is a versatile weapon, he had a bright future in this offense before he ****** it up. Having him and Gronk going forward would be incredibly difficult to defend, look what they have done before they turned 24.

As far as "what if Brady did it", you're just digging for something. I don't know what, but it could be said about anyone else in the league. Hernandez had a history with red flags, Brady doesn't. What's your point?

Feed Moncrief
Old 06-26-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
per twitter: @Patriots: The New England #Patriots have released Aaron Hernandez.

Holy sh*t...
Well they certainly didn't like whatever he revealed to them behind closed doors.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is why I respect the Pats and hate my team. We still have Josh Brent on the roster who killed a teammate, has been smoking weed ever since and failing drug test, yet we still want to be affiliated with him even though he is a marginal talent. Then Ratliff gets a DUI months later, and we keep him too.

Pats released a 23 year old cornerstone of their offense and eat a good chunk of cash to boot. I would love to be a fan of a football team like that, and I knew this was likely early on whether he was charged or not because this is seemingly how the Pats work. Asking what would have happened if it was Brady is just a stupid question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Has much as I hate the Pats, I applaud them for acting quickly on this. There wasnt any "We're going to wait to we have all the facts and see what the charges are blah blah, get in contact with so and so"

Nope, your done here. See ya.
As much as I want to agree and commend them, we do need to remember he is innocent until proven guilty. I would make an educated guess given the severity of whatever he is charged with that he won't be allowed to leave the Commonwealth and thus is worthless to other NFL teams right now (and for road games for the Patriots).
Old 06-26-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The key will be for Aaron to get in a big fight on the first day to show all the other inmates that he is someone to be feared.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Urban Meyer sure did recruit some fine young men lol
Old 06-26-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
As much as I want to agree and commend them, we do need to remember he is innocent until proven guilty. I would make an educated guess given the severity of whatever he is charged with that he won't be allowed to leave the Commonwealth and thus is worthless to other NFL teams right now (and for road games for the Patriots).
He's legally innocent until proven guilty, but that doesn't mean that his employer won't fire him when he goes to jail. It happens to regular folks every day.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
He's legally innocent until proven guilty, but that doesn't mean that his employer won't fire him when he goes to jail. It happens to regular folks every day.
Which is a travesty. I've had clients fired for crimes they didn't commit because of a gross over reaction by employers. I hate our system where those with private jobs can be fired for basically no reason, yet state employees are almost unfireable because they have a property interest in their job that private workers do not enjoy.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on guys, let's be real here. Isn't it obvious that the real motive for Hernandez's homicidal actions is the sheer intimidation of the big swingin' dick that is the Buffalo Bills linebacking corps?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#TebowTime
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Come on guys, let's be real here. Isn't it obvious that the real motive for Hernandez's homicidal actions is the sheer intimidation of the big swingin' dick that is the Buffalo Bills linebacking corps?
Well Nigel Bradham is one bad mother, ask former Miami WR Laron Byrd about it.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Urban Meyer sure did recruit some fine young men lol
From what I've heard, Bristol, CT isn't the hood at all. I have a buddy that lives close, and he said it is a normal suburban town. I wonder when Hernandez started to act like a gangster. I don't think it'd be that ridiculous to speculate that his UF teammates had a negative influence on him.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
From what I've heard, Bristol, CT isn't the hood at all. I have a buddy that lives close, and he said it is a normal suburban town. I wonder when Hernandez started to act like a gangster. I don't think it'd be that ridiculous to speculate that his UF teammates had a negative influence on him.
Bristol is not even in the same universe as a hood lol, he was middle class, lived in the suburbs, and essentially a white athlete.

Classic case of gangster by choice lol
Old 06-26-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Assume the worst.."

Maybe the source just doesn't understand what "the worst" is, but that sounds like there could be a murder or conspiracy charge.

I wonder if the other two guys are already in police custody?
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
"Assume the worst.."

Maybe the source just doesn't understand what "the worst" is, but that sounds like there could be a murder or conspiracy charge.

I wonder if the other two guys are already in police custody?
It's snitchin time.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
This could bw the greatest day in the history of the world for the news media. Celebrity murder arrest, deeply split political ruling by the SCOTUS, and Mandela could pass away all in the same day. Everything they care about at 1 time.
LOL... not everything... still needs to be a terrorist attack, and a police chase caught on live TV from Los Angeles.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
#TebowTime
That's what i've been sayin. No reason he can't be effective as an H-back. Actually tested out as a better athlete than Hernandez at the combine. And he'll know what the QB is thinking......sort of.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Change the title of this thread.
AARON HERNANDEZ ARRESTED, RELEASED
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote