Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 06-22-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
It definitely seems like Hernandez is guilty of at least obstruction of justice, but it would be foolish to cut ties with him before letting the legal system run its course. At this point, he hasn't even been arrested. and people are already willing to release one of our top young players.
I'm not saying we should cut him this instant, but the guy was most likely involved in some way with what looks like first degree murder. Every detail we have to this point makes things look really bad for Hernandez. Even if he gets off if nothing else comes to light you're taking a real risk keeping him around.

This isn't like a Lewis case where you have a once in a generation HOF player with one bad incident to his name, where maybe you can chalk it up to a singular bad decision. The details in this case seem even worse, Hernandez has a far longer rap sheet, and Hernandez is nowhere near as valuable to this team as Lewis was to Baltimore. We can survive without Hernandez, and it seems no matter how this turns out he's extremely unlikely to play this year when we need him the most.

Maybe if he pleas out, and reasonable evidence comes to light that he just got caught up in a bad situation I'll revise my stance. However, I need to dig really deep into my Patriots homerism to even for a second think that it is a realistic possibility.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
It definitely seems like Hernandez is guilty of at least obstruction of justice, but it would be foolish to cut ties with him before letting the legal system run its course. At this point, he hasn't even been arrested. and people are already willing to release one of our top young players.
Agreed. Thats just ridiculous to me that were talking about condemning a guy who hasnt even been charged with anything, let alone found guilty or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Agreed. Thats just ridiculous to me that were talking about condemning a guy who hasnt even been charged with anything, let alone found guilty or not.
It's less ridiculous than:

Quote:
I dont care who he killed, if he isnt convicted or thrown in jail we better ******* keep him.Ravens didn't send Lewis packing, and that turned out alright. Plus what reputation? Everyone ******* hates our organization anyway.
You guys care more about the potential charges, and how soon he can return to the field than the fact that said person may have murdered someone.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
It's less ridiculous than:

You guys care more about the potential charges, and how soon he can return to the field than the fact that said person may have murdered someone.
And you said that, without any charges or anything actually connecting him to this case, that it was more serious than Ray Lewis actually murdering someone, or Big ben raping an innocent 23 year old. Thats even more ridiculous than us hoping he isn't found in connection with this murder and is able to play for us, imo.

Where was your holier than tho ethics when we signed Donte Stallworth last year? I mean, he murdered an innocent man by getting behind the wheel of a car over the legal limit, and I never heard a peep out of you then. Which in my eyes, is just as serious as this case because while obviously not intentional, this Odin Llyod guy had just as much history of being involved with the wrong crowd as Hernandez does (arrested for a bar fight about a year or so ago as well). If it wasn't Hernandez and his crew who did it, it probably would have been someone else. Am I supposed to feel an overwhelming display of compassion for someone who by in large, ran with the same type of people Hernandez is associated with simply because it MAY (likely) have been from a player on the team I root for? No, I'm sorry, I just don't feel all that bad.

Honestly what it comes down to is ethics, and I am generally a pretty amoral person (usually it comes down to rational over compassion for me). Death happens, people kill people everyday. If the police can't manage to connect Hernandez to this with all the tools they have at their disposal in this day and age, good enough for me.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has been a sad ordeal, but I am glad our team doesn't want to associates with **** brick idiots. Big loss no matter how you cut it, but this was the right move.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, big production loss but it was definitely the right thing to do.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

And they connected him to it, and it was probably him which makes me look like a huge Dbag for my last post. :-/ What a ******* idiot.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-26-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And they connected him to it, and it was probably him which makes me look like a huge Dbag for my last post. :-/ What a ******* idiot.
Don't sweat it. We already knew that, anyway.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad is really the only word. First for the Lloyd family and Hernandez's daughter, but then for so many other people too. If he is guilty he deserves whatever punishment they give to him, but it is still sad to see someone throw their life away.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm stunned.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Don't sweat it. We already knew that, anyway.

No totally was on this one. Usually in general as well. I know when to eat crow when I need to. I figured with the length of time they were taking they didn't have a whole lot. Apparently however Hernandez decided to just leave so many trails of it around it took them a week and a half to collect.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-26-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No totally was on this one. Usually in general as well. I know when to eat crow when I need to. I figured with the length of time they were taking they didn't have a whole lot. Apparently however Hernandez decided to just leave so many trails of it around it took them a week and a half to collect.
You'd think the way they caught the douchnozzles from The Boston Marathon would have clued everyone in. Cameras are everywhere. Cell phones can be tracked via tower signals. There's no hiding **** anymore.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I will say, at least I said this off season will probably get worse in ways I couldn't even imagine. Understatement. I really am worried about this season.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-26-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

The overall amount of stupidity displayed by Hernandez is too much for me to handle. Like what the hell man? Trying to comprehend his rationale and thought process behind all of his actions is upsetting me almost as much as the fact that he tanked the Pats offense.

How could anybody be so careless/stupid to put themselves in this situation?
Old 06-26-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
The overall amount of stupidity displayed by Hernandez is too much for me to handle. Like what the hell man? Trying to comprehend his rationale and thought process behind all of his actions is upsetting me almost as much as the fact that he tanked the Pats offense.

How could anybody be so careless/stupid to put themselves in this situation?
I'm not sure its due to it pertaining to my own team, but this is seriously one of the stupidest things Ive ever seen. Its literally beyond words how stupid this was.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-26-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing I can imagine is that AH has an undiagnosed mental disorder. I mean, a friend talks to some people he doesn't like so kills him? It's beyond comprehension.

As for the team, I was already worried about the season.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
The only thing I can imagine is that AH has an undiagnosed mental disorder. I mean, a friend talks to some people he doesn't like so kills him? It's beyond comprehension.

As for the team, I was already worried about the season.
If the latest rumor is true, he may have been worried that Lloyd knew he was responsible for a double murder in 2012.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Yeah. According to TMZ (I know, I know) apparently AH was still embroiled in the gangster life:

Quote:
Aaron Hernandez was in constant fear that someone wanted him dead ... and that's why he stocked up on firearms ... sources close to the former New England Patriots star tell TMZ.

We're told ... the stories about Aaron's connections to gang members in Connecticut are real -- because the 23-year-old had joined one back when he was a teenager.

Sources connected to Aaron tell us ... he had been trying to move away from the gangster life ever since he signed his fat $40 million contract with the Patriots back in 2012, but it's not as easy as it sounds.

In fact, we're told Aaron believed people in the gangster world felt Aaron owed them something ... but it wasn't all about money -- they wanted his time and respect.

Sources say ... in the months leading up to the death of Odin Lloyd, Hernandez became paranoid that people from his "old lifestyle" were trying to kill him. It's unclear if Aaron feared scorned friends ... or rivals.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Not like we needed any more reason to loathe Hernandez or that it makes any difference in the grand scheme of things, but I have it on very good authority that Hernandez's ankle was fine weeks before he came back last season. What a douche.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it weird that I'm pretty excited about Mark Harrison? From what I've seen he's pretty much what we've all been asking BB to draft for some years now. Dobson and Harrison would make a pretty good pair of outside receiver, especially with Amendola and Gronk working the middle and Ridley in the backfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's too early to be excited. We don't know if he's going to shoot someone yet.

I want to see guys get hit first. Some guys look great running deep routes until you have to get off a jam or you have to fear a safety taking your head off.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:59 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Is it weird that I'm pretty excited about Mark Harrison? From what I've seen he's pretty much what we've all been asking BB to draft for some years now. Dobson and Harrison would make a pretty good pair of outside receiver, especially with Amendola and Gronk working the middle and Ridley in the backfield.
I'm trying to temper my expectations on Harrison a bit. Scotty doesn't even like him.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:33 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't think we will know much about the bulk of the team until a few weeks in to the season.

My prediction for Training Camp is that the defense will look really good and the offense will struggle, then towards the end the offense will pick it up.

However, until the games are real we won't know if the defense can hold up, or if the offense can be consistently successful.

The first 6 weeks of the season are relatively tough so we should know by then what kind of team we have this year.

As of now I think I am revising my win/loss total to 10-6 and a dogfight with Miami for the division crown. Yes Brady will still be Brady and the run game should be good, however I won't trust the defense until they prove it and think the lack of receiving threats will hurt us in some games where teams can score, ie - Atlanta

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

If you go to PFT right now and click on the link for only the Patriots stories, you can see 2 whole stories about things other than Hernandez. One is Gronk's recovery and the other is PFTs top 51-75.

Making news in July sucks :(
Old 07-10-2013, 02:38 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
If you go to PFT right now and click on the link for only the Patriots stories, you can see 2 whole stories about things other than Hernandez. One is Gronk's recovery and the other is PFTs top 51-75.

Making news in July sucks :(
Yeah bring on camp so we can get back to proper news. Unfortunately this year reporters haven't had to try too hard to get stories on the Pats during the offseason

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote