Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-15-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I found an interesting snippet in this article

http://www.giants101.com/2013/06/15/...or-on-defense/

I didn't realise that Hankins position coach at Ohio State was Mike Vrabel.

“It was an honor for [Vrabel] to coach us, seeing him play in the NFL and winning Super Bowls,” Hankins said. “He really brought the physical standpoint to the defensive line. He was very, ‘Never let an offensive lineman dictate or get their hands on you.’ He really stressed more technique and hands, and I’m trying to carry that on here. I know that’s what coach Nunn stresses, too. I’m in a good place.”
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:43 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I mean, you're from Norway. I don't think anyone can be mean to someone from Norway.

How's the weather their this time of year? Always curious..
The weather is actually real nice now! We've had mostly sunny days with around 20 degrees celcius (I think that equates to around 72 degrees fahrenheit), and in Norway that's about as good as it gets. Took my first swim in the ocean this year a couple of weeks ago, and that was a bit too cold. only fifteen degrees celcius...

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Day light increases too. By mid summer, it should be 24 hours or near it sunlight right? I guess that would be way up north in Norway.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Day light increases too. By mid summer, it should be 24 hours or near it sunlight right? I guess that would be way up north in Norway.
Yes we have midnight sun in Northern Norway for almost all summer! And in the winter an equal amount of time where the sun doesn't come up at all. Luckily I live in Oslo, the capitol, in the southeastern part of Norway, so we don't experience those things.

I think the town with the longest period of polar night, when the sun never comes up, lasts for about four months. That would be too depressing for me to endure.

Quote:
Old 06-17-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that's the downside of it all. Do people have summer houses up north? So in the winter they can move back to their regular house in the city and they don't have to deal with the long winter nights.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Yes we have midnight sun in Northern Norway for almost all summer! And in the winter an equal amount of time where the sun doesn't come up at all. Luckily I live in Oslo, the capitol, in the southeastern part of Norway, so we don't experience those things.

I think the town with the longest period of polar night, when the sun never comes up, lasts for about four months. That would be too depressing for me to endure.
Haha dang. I don't think I could handle no Sun for that long. At least the weather is pretty decent during the summer! Even though I can tolerate the cold with no issues, I hate it. It is why I am happy to go to college in the South right now. So nice. I don't mind the 100 degree weather in the summer, either, unlike most people. Southerners are pretty funny. Hate the summer and complain its cold when it is 55 degrees out.

Ah well.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah that's the downside of it all. Do people have summer houses up north? So in the winter they can move back to their regular house in the city and they don't have to deal with the long winter nights.
Yeah, some do. But it's not like it's the most popular place for summer places either. That would be down the southeast coast of Norway. It is extremely popular for summer tourism from other countries though. Especially the Japanese. They travel to the biggest city on the west coast Bergen, and take a cruise called "hurtigruta" up north to see the fjords and midnight sun and whatnot. I lived in Bergen one year, and during the summer months there were asians everywhere (not that there's anything wrong with that, just weird to see in a country where we are predominantly tall and blonde).

Quote:
Haha dang. I don't think I could handle no Sun for that long. At least the weather is pretty decent during the summer! Even though I can tolerate the cold with no issues, I hate it. It is why I am happy to go to college in the South right now. So nice. I don't mind the 100 degree weather in the summer, either, unlike most people. Southerners are pretty funny. Hate the summer and complain its cold when it is 55 degrees out.

Ah well.
100 degrees is to hot for me. I would melt away. I was in Turkey for a summer holiday a couple of years ago, and it was 120 degrees. That was one my top two horrible weather experiences. The other one was when I went skiing in Norway in -20 degrees. I almost froze my nose off (no, for real)! Extreme temperatures both ways sucks.

Quote:
Old 06-20-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Bishop could be an option for us. If he's healthy, he is an upgrade on anything else we have in the middle.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Looks like Bishop could be an option for us. If he's healthy, he is an upgrade on anything else we have in the middle.
Desmond Bishop would be awesome. I heard the Giants, Jags, Chiefs and Vikes are all linked to him and he should be deciding soon

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do we play Oakland at home and Kansas City on the road again when we did that 4 years ago?
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Since we have a lot of sports talk in here of other sports. I will say this, excellent ICC Cricket Finals India vs England!

what an excellent tourny for us and what a complete choke job by England! I never seen a team choke that badly before! It reminded me of us choking against the Eagles couple years back.

22 to win with 16 balls to play and they choked. Amazing win for us. 2015 World Cup this lineup will be solid. So many younger players promoted to the team to see what they can do.

England Vs India Final Match ICC Champion Trophy 23 June 2013 Last 5 overs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFSulo_UDbs
Old 06-26-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hope you all are doing well. This team thread is a ghost town. Liven it up ppl.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
BBD! Hope everything is alright with you and the personal stuff, wish you well!

Yes this thread is a ghost town, but that's probably mostly because this is such a quiet time of the year, football-wise. Did see some rumors about us being interested in Vonta Leach though, that would be a great signing even though I like the Hynocerous as well.

What do you guys think?

Oh, and NYG, you said "we" about India, are you of indian heritage?

Quote:
Old 06-26-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've hit the dead period. Draft and FA (mostly) are over. OTAs tell us nothing (we just hope no one gets hurt).

Everyone is either fat or in the greatest shape of their life.

Hope everything is going well with your life BBD.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah not much to discuss until August.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
BBD! Glad to see you stop by buddy. Hasn't been the same here without you.

I hope everything is going well in the real world.

Try and stop by again sometime! I thought you were going to be gone forever, which would have been terrible. It just wouldn't be a Giants season without you here to give your analysis haha.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:52 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
BBD! Hope everything is alright with you and the personal stuff, wish you well!

Yes this thread is a ghost town, but that's probably mostly because this is such a quiet time of the year, football-wise. Did see some rumors about us being interested in Vonta Leach though, that would be a great signing even though I like the Hynocerous as well.

What do you guys think?

Oh, and NYG, you said "we" about India, are you of indian heritage?

I am but I meant we as in the Indian national team and I am Indian. I know BBD is a brownie but I don't think he is Indian. Bangladeshi I believe which is basically Indian before the British carved that region up and other countries formed . It was once just one big area.

BBD do you watch cricket or follow it every once and a while?
Old 06-27-2013, 08:27 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
I am but I meant we as in the Indian national team and I am Indian. I know BBD is a brownie but I don't think he is Indian. Bangladeshi I believe which is basically Indian before the British carved that region up and other countries formed . It was once just one big area.

BBD do you watch cricket or follow it every once and a while?
I see! I have only watched one cricket game before, Norway isn't exactly a superpower in cricket :p That game was a world cup(?) final between Pakistan and India, and it was really exciting! Probably two-three years ago or something?

Btw, I asked about your heritage out of curiosity. I feel like I kinda know you guys to some extent, but I know nothing about your appearances. Such is the way of the internet forums I guess.

If anyone wonders I'm a typical Norwegian btw. milky white, blonde and 6'4 210!

Quote:
Old 06-27-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I see! I have only watched one cricket game before, Norway isn't exactly a superpower in cricket :p That game was a world cup(?) final between Pakistan and India, and it was really exciting! Probably two-three years ago or something?

Btw, I asked about your heritage out of curiosity. I feel like I kinda know you guys to some extent, but I know nothing about your appearances. Such is the way of the internet forums I guess.

Haha yeah surprisingly a lot of countries play cricket but not good enough to qualify. Usually the former British colonies are the ones that play.

This match was between England in the ICC Champions CUP. This was a short 20 over event and Enad basically had the won but choked it away in amazing fashion.

Yeah I am not sure what BBD looks like. I know only one Bangladeshi guy and he is very dark. I am lighter skinned brown from the western part of India. Well family is from there and have cousins that live there.

Oh that's fine I travel a lot so its good to learn about other cultures. Actually when I envision people from Finland, Norway and Sweden I think tall and paler skinned. I remember watching the world cup many years back and Norway was good at headers due to the height of the national team.

I am interested on the Food of Norway. Is it a lot of seafood?
Old 06-27-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm white and the best looking 29 year old male in Jersey.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-27-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I didn't realize you are 29.

How old is everyone else here? Are you guys in your early, mid or late 20s? teens? 30 +?

Sometimes you wonder how old a person is when you're talking to them trying to make a point.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

My immaturity makes me seem like I'm younger.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-27-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Well that's not saying much...
Old 06-27-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Haha I am from Jersey!

Being immature is fine, don't want to get old too fast now.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Well that's not saying much...
Please we would blow Conn. out of the water in everything!

sig by BoneKrusher