Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-28-2013, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Vicious attack on defensless female in New Jersey by home robber.

Not sure if this was talked about earlier, but I hope this guy is caught. If you want to rob the place, go ahead. Don't cause physical harm to the people in the house though. Just sickening. Even though Aaron Hernandez murdered someone, this makes me more angry.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:58 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched this earlier, and was immediately enraged. Very tough to watch so I will not a 2nd time. You can literally hear his fists landing on her like loud smacks. All in front of her 3 year old.

I hope they find this POS quick and give him quite a beating.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:10 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People like this don't deserve a trial. He just needs to be found in a dark alley by people with bad intentions. See how the other side feels.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:01 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn that's about half an hour from me.

What a monster. I hope he's caught asap.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:03 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
Damn that's about half an hour from me.

What a monster. I hope he's caught asap.
Yeah, I live really
close and Millburn isn't a place you would expect a violent attack like this. It is just another sign that the world is becoming a more and more dangerous place.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Yeah, I live really
close and Millburn isn't a place you would expect a violent attack like this. It is just another sign that the world is becoming a more and more dangerous place.
Confirmation Bias.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I live really
The world has always been a dangerous place... It really is a shame when someone can go into someone else home and violate them in such a way. I am certain with that very clear footage that he can and will be caught. An attempted murder charge, First degree Burglary charge, or at the very least aggravated assault(or battery) should be strapped onto that bastard.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
The world has always been a dangerous place... It really is a shame when someone can go into someone else home and violate them in such a way. I am certain with that very clear footage that he can and will be caught. An attempted murder charge, First degree Burglary charge, or at the very least aggravated assault(or battery) should be strapped onto that bastard.
You know what, add on the hate crime enhancement statute just for good measure.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Makes me want to think about getting my spouse gun trained. We have a dog, but at the same time with all the loons in the world, specially the USA, I'd feel better if we both actually had some sort of firearm training.

Quote:
Old 06-28-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
I know the world has always been dangerous, but just in my short lifetime, I feel like the world has gotten exponentially more dangerous. Just as an example think about how common School Shootings were even 15 years ago. Now it happens prety regularly. Domestic terrorism was something that was so much more foreign to this country. On top of that,i I feel like violent incidents like this one are just becoming more prevalent. Then again, that feeling could just be a false sense of nostalgia. I don't go in for the easy answers like violent video games, movies, and tv. I don't understand where society is going though.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, watching that made me sick to my stomach. I guess that's one way to commit a burglary in the morning. that's exactly the reason I have a concealed weapons permit....sadly I can't take a gun across state lines to protect myself when I travel. I'm not really worried about that sort of thing happening where I live (even though it does), but i'm more worried about getting mugged when I travel to a different city.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy was just found and arrested in NYC.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Yeah buddy. I hope he gets knocked the **** out in prison.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 06-28-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great News. Hope they give him some "special" treatment.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/...home.invasion/

Quote:
Custis faces charges of attempted murder, robbery, burglary and child endangerment.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I live really
Millburn's definitely a nice town but there's plenty of less nice areas that are really close.

Regardless, that was awful. Glad they caught the guy.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And this is why there's guns in every room of the house. **** that guy, i hope he gets his **** packed in jail.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
You know what, add on the hate crime enhancement statute just for good measure.
That would be nice, but the NAACP only allows them to be categorized a "hate crime" if the victim is black at the hands of a white person.

Eve Carson, Lauren Burke, Anne Pressley, etc. would beg to differ about that "hate" part, if they could.....

Speaking of that, here are some videos that might leave your heart feeling a little bit warmer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb2I2fD5JlA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkc8AJLRVJs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGu5OI4yol8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4t1a_v9sG4
Old 06-29-2013, 01:17 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude what in the **** is that. I am so angry right now. I don't even know what to say.

Seriously, how the **** can any man do that to a woman?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
And this is why there's guns in every room of the house. **** that guy, i hope he gets his **** packed in jail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
wow, watching that made me sick to my stomach. I guess that's one way to commit a burglary in the morning. that's exactly the reason I have a concealed weapons permit....sadly I can't take a gun across state lines to protect myself when I travel. I'm not really worried about that sort of thing happening where I live (even though it does), but i'm more worried about getting mugged when I travel to a different city.
If that woman had a gun readily available at any more than arm's length she likely would have been dead.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
If that woman had a gun readily available at any more than arm's length she likely would have been dead.
You don't know that. Especially if she is the only one that knows where it was. If she was trained and could get her hands on it, he might have been killed.

Quote:
Old 06-29-2013, 02:22 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
You don't know that. Especially if she is the only one that knows where it was. If she was trained and could get her hands on it, he might have been killed.
If it was hidden that well it wouldn't have been readily available. This was a shock and awe situation. This woman isn't trained police force the likelihood that she would have the presence of mind to go to her secret hiding spot to find the gun in those brief seconds between the door being kicked in and her getting pumled has to be slim.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:49 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
If it was hidden that well it wouldn't have been readily available. This was a shock and awe situation. This woman isn't trained police force the likelihood that she would have the presence of mind to go to her secret hiding spot to find the gun in those brief seconds between the door being kicked in and her getting pumled has to be slim.
If she was trained to use a gun, she may have been trained her mindset to procure it in a situation like that. She was obviously frightened at what happened. There is no telling if she was trained properly how different she might react. It's unknown exactly how many seconds it took for the intruder to kick the door down. Could have been instantly, or it could have taken a couple of tries. In any case, with a different trained mindset, it could have been a different story.

She could have hid a gun behind a book or something or a desk lamp. An intruder may not have even spotted that.

Quote:
Old 06-29-2013, 02:50 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At what point did she have the opportunity to grab a gun? Why do people think more guns just makes everything better? What if she grabbed a gun, shot at him, and missed? What if he wrestled the gun away from her? What if she dropped it because she's scared as ****?

I completely understand having a gun for protection, but some of you gun nuts drive me crazy. You have to be smart about it. It's not like a video game where you can just hit a button and your gun is automatically equipped with auto aim.

I don't know the whole story, but if she had any chance to get a gun, she would've been better off using that time to run the hell away from the house.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:25 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
At what point did she have the opportunity to grab a gun? Why do people think more guns just makes everything better? What if she grabbed a gun, shot at him, and missed? What if he wrestled the gun away from her? What if she dropped it because she's scared as ****?

I completely understand having a gun for protection, but some of you gun nuts drive me crazy. You have to be smart about it. It's not like a video game where you can just hit a button and your gun is automatically equipped with auto aim.

I don't know the whole story, but if she had any chance to get a gun, she would've been better off using that time to run the hell away from the house.
We didn't see the entire footage in its original context, so the answer to your first question is speculative. I can throw out a bunch of what ifs that puts a positive connotation on her situation myself. What if she shot him in the head? It makes no difference. It is simply a matter of personal security preference. One could take that same attitude with a dog meant for protection. I'm not a gun enthusiast, and I do think our country has some incorrect approaches to how firearms are incorporated into society, but at the same time they can be useful tools for protection if utilized correctly and responsiblly. Let's just not act like having a firearm would have made her or anyone else in that situation automatically worse for certain.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 06-29-2013 at 06:29 AM.