Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
So is it cool for Rondo to shun KG when his medicore team plays the blossoming Nets?

Then again, no one else on the Celtics really openly expressed resent towards Ray and they seemed understand that this is a business. Maybe KG was just being a c*nt because he is a c*nt but we already knew that so maybe all that narrative justification doesn't really matter.
I doubt Rondo is on this team much longer.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
So is it cool for Rondo to shun KG when his medicore team plays the blossoming Nets?

Then again, no one else on the Celtics really openly expressed resent towards Ray and they seemed understand that this is a business. Maybe KG was just being a c*nt because he is a c*nt but we already knew that so maybe all that narrative justification doesn't really matter.
Oh my god how are you not following this.

Ray was offered more money by the Celtics, and turned it down to go to play for their biggest rival, after they just took them to 7 games in the conference championships.

KG was APPROACHED by the team, asking him to accept a deal to another team. He didn't demand it, he didn't take less money to play elsewhere, he didn't ditch Pierce, in fact he talked with Pierce about it first to make sure Paul wanted it as well. He's not going to a rival. He left when we were clearly about to rebuild, and had already traded away our coach.

The only way they are remotely similar is that they are ending up on different teams. One player abandoned us when we wanted him, one player we asked to leave for our future.

This couldn't be any clearer.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
Oh my god how are you not following this.

Ray was offered more money by the Celtics, and turned it down to go to play for their biggest rival, after they just took them to 7 games in the conference championships.

KG was APPROACHED by the team, asking him to accept a deal to another team. He didn't demand it, he didn't take less money to play elsewhere, he didn't ditch Pierce, in fact he talked with Pierce about it first to make sure Paul wanted it as well. He's not going to a rival. He left when we were clearly about to rebuild, and had already traded away our coach.

The only way they are remotely similar is that they are ending up on different teams. One player abandoned us when we wanted him, one player we asked to leave for our future.

This couldn't be any clearer.

Lol oh please that's the biggest load of garbage I ever heard. Basically all I hear is because Ray didn't do what KG wanted him to do he "abandoned the team" right? So let's ignore how Ray Allen was constantly in trade rumors right? Let's ignore that he could have easily been traded to a ****** team if the right opportunity came about.

You don't know that him and KG didn't talk at lengths, you don't know what the conversation they had was about. Ray is a few years away from retirement, and he wanted the best shot at a ring. Obviously because he got one and soon after Doc Rivers decided he didn't want to coach the team anymore I'd say he got out just in time.

But sure, believe whatever you want. Just because a guy moves on from your favorite team in FREE AGENCY of all things it's not always about somebody abandoning your team. Ray is a grown man, KG isn't his father, pretty sure Ray makes decisions for his career and his family on his own, he doesn't ask KG what to do then follow. We aren't talking about a 21 year old rookie here. Ray has paid his dues just like any other vet in the league and the fact that you as a fan still think he owed you guys something in free agency is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Lol oh please that's the biggest load of garbage I ever heard. Basically all I hear is because Ray didn't do what KG wanted him to do he "abandoned the team" right? So let's ignore how Ray Allen was constantly in trade rumors right? Let's ignore that he could have easily been traded to a ****** team if the right opportunity came about.

You don't know that him and KG didn't talk at lengths, you don't know what the conversation they had was about. Ray is a few years away from retirement, and he wanted the best shot at a ring. Obviously because he got one and soon after Doc Rivers decided he didn't want to coach the team anymore I'd say he got out just in time.

But sure, believe whatever you want. Just because a guy moves on from your favorite team in FREE AGENCY of all things it's not always about somebody abandoning your team. Ray is a grown man, KG isn't his father, pretty sure Ray makes decisions for his career and his family on his own, he doesn't ask KG what to do then follow. We aren't talking about a 21 year old rookie here. Ray has paid his dues just like any other vet in the league and the fact that you as a fan still think he owed you guys something in free agency is ridiculous.
Where did I say that I thought Ray owed the Celtics anything? As a fan, I wanted him gone and to bring in Mayo or someone younger like that for a similar contract.

This all started because someone was calling KG a hypocrite for calling out Ray, and then trying to say what KG did was just as bad. When clearly they were not the same situation. I honestly could care less about Allen leaving, but the way he left was completely different than the way KG left.

But good job arguing something entirely different.

Last edited by AHungryWalrus : 06-28-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hawks need to do a Horford+Draft pick for Rondo trade, so then the friends Rondo/Josh Smith/Dwight Howard can join forces in ATL and surround Rondo with shooters like Lou Williams, John Jenkins, and Kyle Korver.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Hawks need to do a Horford+Draft pick for Rondo trade, so then the friends Rondo/Josh Smith/Dwight Howard can join forces in ATL and surround Rondo with shooters like Lou Williams, John Jenkins, and Kyle Korver.
Could you just include John Jenkins? I like that dude.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:42 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
Where did I say that I thought Ray owed the Celtics anything? As a fan, I wanted him gone and to bring in Mayo or someone younger like that for a similar contract.

This all started because someone was calling KG a hypocrite for calling out Ray, and then trying to say what KG did was just as bad. When clearly they were not the same situation. I honestly could care less about Allen leaving, but the way he left was completely different than the way KG left.

But good job arguing something entirely different.

How exactly did Ray Allen abandon the Celtics then? Because he didn't do what KG wanted him to do while he was a free agent? And you're right, they aren't the same situation. Ray Allen wasn't under contract with the Celtics anymore, KG was. You have no clue if Ray spoke with KG about his decision before he made it or not, so you making KG out like some boyscott talking about how he spoke with Piece before hand is irrelevant.

So let's not keep trying to paint the picture that Ray left the Celtics high and dry or in a bad spot. That's the way free agency works. He didn't mis-lead anyone, he didn't demand a trade, he didn't break any promises. I remember distinctly a rumor they were trying to trade him for OJ Mayo and that was just 1 among others, so it's laughable to me to act like because he left in free agency of all things that he "abandonded us".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:56 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently the Pistons are gonna go hard after Iggy. I "understand" it, but I don't understand it. I'd prefer to keep the cap space and keep building through the draft.

Calderon/KCP/Iggy/Monroe/Drummond ain't half bad though.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:08 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the C's will trade Rondo. They can easily still tank next year and keep him on the roster. Unless he is just that intolerable of a teammate, why give up a legit, in-his-prime star during a rebuild?
Old 06-29-2013, 03:59 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I don't think the C's will trade Rondo. They can easily still tank next year and keep him on the roster. Unless he is just that intolerable of a teammate, why give up a legit, in-his-prime star during a rebuild?
Agreed. He's only 27 so he should have a good number of prime years left in him I'm sure Ainge has talked to him about how he plans to go about this rebuild going forward. Just tell him "hey we aren't going to be good this year, but you are coming off an ACL tear to take it easy and take your time in rehab. Hopefully we can pick up a good player in the draft and then we can start dealing some of our young players + collection of picks for more established stars". I think that's a pretty decent pitch.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:39 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Perfect 4 team trade to make everyone happy:

LA Clippers Receive:
Lamarcus Aldridge
Lou Williams

Atlanta Hawks Receive:
Rajon Rondo
Deandre Jordan
Caron Butler
*Resign Josh Smith

Portland Receives:
Al Horford

Boston Receives:
Eric Bledsoe
John Jenkins
Wes Matthews
rights to Lucas Nogueria
2014 First Round pick(ATL)
Future First round pick(LAC)

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 06-29-2013 at 06:42 AM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:11 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
How exactly did Ray Allen abandon the Celtics then? Because he didn't do what KG wanted him to do while he was a free agent? And you're right, they aren't the same situation. Ray Allen wasn't under contract with the Celtics anymore, KG was. You have no clue if Ray spoke with KG about his decision before he made it or not, so you making KG out like some boyscott talking about how he spoke with Piece before hand is irrelevant.

So let's not keep trying to paint the picture that Ray left the Celtics high and dry or in a bad spot. That's the way free agency works. He didn't mis-lead anyone, he didn't demand a trade, he didn't break any promises. I remember distinctly a rumor they were trying to trade him for OJ Mayo and that was just 1 among others, so it's laughable to me to act like because he left in free agency of all things that he "abandonded us".
So, you're arguing that KG leaving the Celtics when he was asked to accept a deal so the team can rebuild, is equally as big of a slap in the face as turning down twice the money (WITH a NTC), and going to the biggest competitor you have a couple weeks after you lost to them in the ECF. If he had gone to the Spurs, Thunder, Pacers, ANYWHERE, no one would have given a ****.

I have said like 8 times I don't care that Allen left, he isn't anything special anymore and the Celtics would not have been any better with him. But what he did was kind of slimy in a "sports brotherhood" kind of way. I wouldn't have even brought it up if someone hadn't first, saying what KG did was the same. Which, again, is what the argument is.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

LA Clippers Receive:
Lamarcus Aldridge
Lou Williams

Atlanta Hawks Receive:
Rajon Rondo
Deandre Jordan
Caron Butler
*Resign Josh Smith

Portland Receives:
Al Horford

Boston Receives:
Eric Bledsoe
John Jenkins
Wes Matthews
rights to Lucas Nogueria
I actually think a LaMarcus and Blake frontcourt could work (although it will take time). It would be pretty funny if they played Memphis in playoffs though because the Grizz would eat them alive. Again.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actually think a LaMarcus and Blake frontcourt could work (although it will take time). It would be pretty funny if they played Memphis in playoffs though because the Grizz would eat them alive. Again.
How would that work? That would be a mess of a backcourt, and it would just help continue how unbelievably overrated Aldridge is. Portland doesn't deserve Horford for him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

LA Clippers Receive:
Lamarcus Aldridge
Lou Williams

Atlanta Hawks Receive:
Rajon Rondo
Deandre Jordan
Caron Butler
*Resign Josh Smith

Portland Receives:
Al Horford

Boston Receives:
Eric Bledsoe
John Jenkins
Wes Matthews
rights to Lucas Nogueria
LAC and BOS can't be involved in any trades together.

The one I came up with is:

Indiana Receives
Rajon Rondo
Brandon Bass

Cleveland Receives
Danny Granger

Boston Receives
Cleveland First Round Pick
Indiana First Round Pick
Old 06-29-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrible trade for Cleveland.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That trade is fantastic for Indiana.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-29-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Apparently the Pistons are gonna go hard after Iggy. I "understand" it, but I don't understand it. I'd prefer to keep the cap space and keep building through the draft.

Calderon/KCP/Iggy/Monroe/Drummond ain't half bad though.
Dumars wants the 13th pick of the draft next year.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Terrible trade for Cleveland.
They can do it without Cleveland (Indiana would have to throw a lot more picks into the deal). My original thought was to send Jeff Green to Cleveland in a separate trade. The C's would want to get rid of Granger's contract and Cleveland is desperately wanting a swignman.

Maybe Indiana throws another pick or two into the mix and Cleveland gets both Granger and Green...
Old 06-29-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
How would that work? That would be a mess of a backcourt, and it would just help continue how unbelievably overrated Aldridge is. Portland doesn't deserve Horford for him.
I've been drinking and posting via mobile, but basically I think rim protection is somewhat overrated if you have the correct components.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I've been drinking and posting via mobile, but basically I think rim protection is somewhat overrated if you have the correct components.
It has nothing to do with rim protection, it has everything to do with the fact that Aldridge is a stupid offensive player.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-29-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
It has nothing to do with rim protection, it has everything to do with the fact that Aldridge is a stupid offensive player.
I disagree. Aldridge is fine on offense.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I disagree. Aldridge is fine on offense.
Taking 7 long jumpers a game is not fine.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-29-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Taking 7 long jumpers a game is not fine.
Portland blows. And he is above average, if I remember correctly, from mid range.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Portland blows. And he is above average, if I remember correctly, from mid range.
He's about average, but that doesn't make it any smarter. If he shoots 43 percent on 10 shots from 10-23 feet (which is about right, give or take 2 shots) a game, then you're basically getting 86 points per 100 shots, which is pretty goddamn weak. You know what a three point shooter would have to shoot to beat that? 29 percent. Factor in how Aldridge is actually really damn good inside but usually only shoots around 3-5 times inside a game, his game is stupid.

RIP TheManInBlack