Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's absolutely amazing. Super classy move by the Patriots.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if anyone actually burned their jerseys yet.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. What a classy gesture by the Pats organization...or should I just say Kraft. That guy is just definition of class.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
I disagree about him being not overly athletic, hes not overly fast but hes a great athlete
Almost every skill position player in the NFL is a great athlete. His numbers were pretty average for the top 10 TEs in that class
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand it being considered "classy." It's also a strategic and spot-on PR move to try to distance the Patriots organization from Aaron Hernandez. They want his jersey off the streets.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
It's a great move by them. It will also get ALOT of those Hernandez jerseys out of the stadium so they can move on and won't have to be reminded of it as often
Old 06-28-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I understand it being considered "classy." It's also a strategic and spot-on PR move to try to distance the Patriots organization from Aaron Hernandez. They want his jersey off the streets.
Ding Ding Ding we have a winner. It's mostly a moving on and disassociation act that a kind gesture. The moving on and disassociation act just happens to be a kind gesture
Old 06-28-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I suspect the guy who will benefit most with Hernandez out of the picture is Julian Edelman. Athletically both navigate the field in a similar fashion being better athletes in a phone booth than over long distances. They've used Edelman in the past for the same kind of route and running combinations that they used Hernandez with, so I have to think he would be the guy to take on the lion's share of the role. Edelman is a solid blocker, and can probably operate in every way that Hernandez did except in-line which Hoomanawanui can do.

Edelman was tested out 3 seasons ago as the heir apparent to Kevin Faulk as the 3rd down RB, and actually looked pretty good in the preseason. When Faulk got hurt Woodhead took that role and ran with it, but it wouldn't shock me to see Edelman play a bigger role out of the backfield next season. I've always thought Edelman had a productive role to play in an NFL offense, but I think ill timed injuries and better players have held him out.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I wonder if anyone actually burned their jerseys yet.
They shouldn't have given Russ Francis' old number to that turd in the first place.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I suspect the guy who will benefit most with Hernandez out of the picture is Julian Edelman.
Someone went from roster bubble to more securely on the roster because of Hernandez's release. All of the sudden, a guy who was going to be your move TE is now gone and you will have to replace some of his responsibilities, likely with another TE. That guy was probably on the roster bubble, but now is a potential contributor.

That makes guys who may have been competing for those last few spots now have one less person competing and it makes them more likely to carry a 3rd QB...
Old 06-28-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can't wait to see him try to play the ray lewis card and have his friends fall on the knife for him.
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't care how you classify it, it's still absolutely the right move. It makes em shudder how we would have handled this if we had someone as talented as Hernandez, but I can guarantee you that it wouldn't have gone down like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I don't care how you classify it, it's still absolutely the right move. It makes em shudder how we would have handled this if we had someone as talented as Hernandez, but I can guarantee you that it wouldn't have gone down like this.
I would have hated to see how many teams would try to get work release for Hernandez if he was on their teams lol
Old 06-28-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah. It's a move to try to not have his jersey in the stands.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Yeah, I also think that there's some revisionist history regarding Hernandez and his draft stock. I mean, all of the talk was about Gresham and Gronk being the two best TEs that year. Gresham was the 21st pick and Gronk fell to the 42nd because of injury concerns. Those were the only TEs who went in the first two rounds, and I doubt Hernandez would have changed that even if he had been a choir boy.

At the time nobody was overly surprised, from a talent standpoint, that Ed Dickson and Jimmy Graham went ahead of Hernandez. That leaves us with Tony Moeaki as the only head-scratcher.
I think so, too. I remember thinking he was an interesting prospect skill-wise, but I also remember thinking that he was very obviously suited best as an H-back type player, and with a lack of height no one was expecting him to be a no. 1 option in the passing game. I don't recall thinking he "fell" in the draft at all. Everyone was calling him a 3-4th round prospect from a talent perspective, with the caveat that "some teams" might scratch him from their board for character concerns. The knocks on him were his relative lack of size, unimpressive blocking and lack of blazing speed. Why should he have been a 1st or second round prospect? He landed in the ideal situation with a creative coach and a true prototypical tight end in Gronkowksi, while at the same time not having a true no. 1 wide receiver on the team, so the stars were aligned for him to post some good numbers; all he was asked to do was what he was best at. There's a number of players in the league who could've matched his production in the same role. I don't even consider Tony Moeaki a head-scratcher, and his resume would hold up a lot better if he hadn't had injury problems.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I would have hated to see how many teams would try to get work release for Hernandez if he was on their teams lol
Wouldn't matter there is no chance a Mass court would allow it nor would Goodell let him play.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Did I just miss it or has Urban Meyer not been asked about (or agreed to talk about) Hernandez at Florida?

I just have to wonder what those coaches think about Hernandez's alleged gang ties dating to Connecticut (where he grew up - meaning pre-Florida). It seems like a reasonable question to ask, since Hernandez admittedly failed numerous drug tests and Florida and was barely disciplined.

[I'm not blaming Meyer or his coaches at Florida, but I am curious as to what he would say about the matter]
Old 06-28-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Wouldn't matter there is no chance a Mass court would allow it nor would Goodell let him play.
I think you missed the sarcasm.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.patriots.com/news/article...8-29f1e551b228
Old 06-29-2013, 02:56 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obligatory crazy Taiwanese animation:

Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Such a classy move by the Patriots w/ the jerseys. Of course, it does make me hate them even more.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geez NE you really hating here. oh well .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Such a classy move by the Patriots w/ the jerseys. Of course, it does make me hate them even more.
Me too.
Classy.
They wouldn't have done it if there were THAT MANY of his jerseys out there.... I bet there are 1/10th at best of his vs Gronk.

Also, I'd like to have seen the Packers have done that when Benedict went Purple.
But there were waaaay too many of them out there to be cashed in.

But they, if they were smart, should have offered like $50 off a new Packers jersey via their official pro shop. There's still $100 built in profit to those ripoff prices.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Me too.
Classy.
They wouldn't have done it if there were THAT MANY of his jerseys out there.... I bet there are 1/10th at best of his vs Gronk.

Also, I'd like to have seen the Packers have done that when Benedict went Purple.
But there were waaaay too many of them out there to be cashed in.

But they, if they were smart, should have offered like $50 off a new Packers jersey via their official pro shop. There's still $100 built in profit to those ripoff prices.
JMike, that makes zero sense. Why are you trying to compare a guy being accused of at least one murder to a player signing with a new team? We understand you have your grudges and like to complain about injuries but it goes too extreme at times.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair it makes sense for them, beyond simply being a nice gesture. They don't want to be associated with Hernandez any longer, getting his jerseys off the streets helps accomplish that.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote